MAC Powder Blush - Sweet As Cocoa

MAC Powder Blush - Sweet As Cocoa
Powder Blush - Sweet As CocoaPowder Blush - Sweet As CocoaPowder Blush - Sweet As Cocoa

4.6

on 3/26/2018 9:05:00 PM

This blush is beautiful in my neutral olive skin. The tone gives just a hint of color but adds warmth, the texture is not too glittery. I will purchase this again

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

perfect for summer!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is ok. I really wanted to love this product as I love so many other things by mac but really it is nothing special and not worth the money. Also after only a couple weeks of having it the plastic fell through. xoxo

This blush really works for me. The color is rich and yet the effect is subtle. It feels good on the skin. I recommend it .

on 2/22/2016 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Beautiful brown colour with a little shimmer in it. It shows up very natural looking on my NW45 skin tone. I would recommend it for everyday use, since its very subtle but pigmented. Coverage is also buildable. I would say this is my got to blush for daily use.

on 12/12/2015 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first bought this blush several years ago but, rather mystifyingly, forgot about it pretty quickly. Rediscovered it about six months ago when I was sorting through my stuff and totally fell in love! Since then, I've been wearing it pretty much everyday. Guys, this blush may look intimidating in the pan but do not let that scare you off!

Sweet as Cocoa is a truly beautiful brick rose colour which, applied with an appropriately light hand, looks immensely flattering on the face. Despite the fact that it's classified as a sheertone shimmer, the finish is pretty much matte (at least to my eyes) which makes it perfect for daytime wear. I like to tap it on lightly with a skunk brush under my cheekbones and I find it really adds a subtle layer of definition to my face. It's somewhere in between a blush and a bronzer for me - it has the contouring effect of a bronzer while also lending a bit of a flush to my cheeks in a very natural way. On days when I'm feeling too lazy to bother with separate blushes and/or bronzer, this is a really great go-to which makes a world of difference for very little effort.

I personally think Sweet as Cocoa would be wearable for pretty much any skin tone. The undertone to it is very, very neutral. It is not at all orange based which is the main issue I have with most bronzers and contour powders. I'd describe it as more of a chocolate berry - a good contour color for fairer skin tones and a beautiful all around blush for those with darker skin.

On a final note, the one thing that I don't like about this product is the packaging which is par for the course with me when it comes to MAC products. I find that the plastic part of the lid on the containers pops off really easily if you accidentally drop them. This is a real pain in the a** - makes a mess, unhygienic and impossible to travel with. Other than that, great product - I just repurchased it this week and I'm sure I will do so again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Beautiful on NC45! :-) Use a light hand.

on 1/9/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sweet As Cocoa is a rosy chocolate shade with gold shimmer that is stunning on darker skin tones (I'm an Armani LSF 8 (Caramel) /around NW33-35). The shimmer is not frosty at all; it gives it this amazing multidimensional quality. When swatched, Sweet As Cocoa can look rosy, peachy, bronzy, or brown, depending on the angle. This is a truly unique shade that can be worn all year round and on many skin tones (use a skunk brush if you are fairer). One of my all-time faves.

At first i thought it would be too dark for me, nc20, but since my friends that is nc25 uses it and it looks gorgeous on her i gave it a try. Loved it. Of course i use it very lightly cause it is highly pigmented but looks gorgeous. Would buy again but i don't think it will be necessarily soon cause i use very little for application. Nice colour.

on 10/2/2014 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have medium dark/tan skin with yellow undertones(MAC NC42). This color is GORGEOUS! Warm Bronzey-red with shimmer. I have a hard time with blushes showing up on my tan-dry skin, and I like the strong blush look and this is beautiful and performs well! This blush is Pigmented and you get a lot of product for what you pay so it's worth it. Tan-dark women, get this blush!!!