MAC Blot Powder - Loose

No Image

3.7

on 7/6/2011 11:51:00 AM

I bought this for the oil control claims but I find it is mediocre in that respect. My t zone only stays matte for about 30 minutes after applying this, about the same as I would get from Coty Airspun, at a fraction of the price. Perhaps the pressed version works better but I tend to find lose powders easier to apply so I chose this. At the time, I didn't know the two versions had completely different ingredients. The loose contains talc while the pressed contains clay so if you're sensitive to talc, I'd pass on this.

on 2/7/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Goodness Gracious! I can buy the Blot Powder again BUT when I do it's most definitely going to be the PRESSED Blot Powder!

I'm heavy handed and clumsy in general OK? I have this powder in the right color for me but in its loose form, I'm always prone to tipping too much out and getting it all on my brush. And then everybody, including family, asks me why my 'foundation's so light on me?', they say that my foundation color's all wrong for me, or rude people in the street say that I'm bleaching my skin.

My foundation matches me just fine (NC45 Studio Fix, Mineralize Loose Foundation powder Dark) because nobody said anything to me before I started wearing the loose Blot Powder! If you buy the loose Blot Powder please use it sparingly, not liberally! You really, really don't need a lot! These are not the days of powdered wigs and Marie Antoinette! Need I mention that I haven't touched that loose Blot Powder in a while?

I had a friend who's much darker than me who raved about the Blot Powder on her BUT she bought the pressed one. I think from now on I should buy pressed powders only, even though I never carry them around during the day, as the amount I put on my face maybe a bit more controllable then, in those cases.

on 8/26/2010 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product was a waste of money for me. I have fair skin so i used Light shade which made me look too pale. It also gave me a cakey look even though i was using very small ammount of product each time. As for the "blot" part.... My T-zone was shining 1 hour after application. I used it 5-6 times and then just left it to dust. I'm not sure how much i paid for it, i think it was about 19ish Euro. I will definately not recommend it to anyone and i will definately not repurchase.

on 2/6/2011 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I used this to set my NARS foundation. It did it's job of keeping my oil at bay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used up a jar in Medium. The powder is finely milled, but not as fine as other loose powders, therefore I've used up faster than I use up my pressed MAC Blot (but only touching up). This and MUFE #12 is only loose powder I have used up, and I bought MUFE #12 (translucent), and #14 (beige) since MAC Blot loose in Medium can only be purchased via Macpro.com, and I dont want to pay for shipping when I have MUFE loose powder that does exactly the same :)

on 5/21/2010 11:48:00 AM

I bought this product at CCO so it was only $12 I think. But, I was looking for a setting powder for my liquid foundation. I really like this one. I feel for the money it should last a little longer. But, it does set very nicely and for touch-ups it works well. I also use it with a small concealer brush under my eyeliner on the bottom lash line. It keeps the eyeliner from smearing. It works wonders in that way. I am not totally sold but, I will use it until it runs out and maybe search for something else.

on 4/8/2009 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The pressed version of this is my HG and when it was sold out once I got this instead. Thinking the shades would be the same, I purchased it in my usual shade, Medium. However, it was too dark and turned orange on me throughout the day. It also didn't seem to keep me as matte as the pressed version does. I'm back to using the pressed version, which doesn't oxidize on me and is easier to tote around with me.

on 6/30/2009 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this loose powder! I have very oily skin and this helps set my foundation, keeps me shine free and keeps my oilies at bay. I'm an NC35 winter and NC40 summer, and I use this in dark. I like it a lot. The only problem I have (and the reason I give it 4 lippies instead of 5) is the fact that although it looks light and it makes me look shine free, it doesn't feel so light on my face. Kind of cakey feeling after a few hours. Although it does keep my mu looking the same throughout the day. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urghhh I really wanted to love this product after hearing about blot powder doing wonders for oily skin. But maybe I should've gotten the pressed version. The loose powder is terrible! At first it seemed to give me an overall matte look but after 20 minutes more shine than before seemed to be coming through. It was as if this powder was actually making me become MORE shiny! But still I left it on and after being out for 4 hours I removed my makeup and found my cheeks and forehead covered with tiny red bumps! I never get any pimples there so this really shocked me. Needless to say, I will never use this product again. What a waste of money...is it worth it to try the pressed version? Hmm....

on 12/21/2009 8:58:00 PM

I love my blot powder. It's a miracle worker, seriously. It almost blurs my skin, hiding texture issues, crazy I know. I'm NW25, and I use Light. It's a little too light, but after it settles on my skin it looks fine. I will say that use it sparingly, too much and you look cakey. I like a big fluffy powder brush, kabuki brushes make it too heavy.