Laura Mercier Perfecting Water - Rich

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Laura Mercier Perfecting Water - Rich

4.7

Water, Sea Water, Glycerin, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Artemia Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Carpylic/Carpic Triglyceride, Trehalose, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Sodium Carboxymethyl Dextran, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1,10-Decanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, PVM/MA-Decadiene-Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycereth-25 PCA Isostearate, Methylparaben 6/1/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love how they have repackaged this product -- the taller bottle with a spray pump is much better for applications than the older pump version. At first, I thought the premise of this water was all hype and not worth the money. After getting too much sun on vacation and my skin was incredibly dry and this product worked wonders. Instead of constantly slathering my skin with my very expensive moisturizers, I used this product in between moisturizer applications to rehydrate my skin. I also used it before applying the moisturizer to help my moisturizer soak in. It really worked! I am a convert and have started using this regularly

on 12/17/2010 10:14:00 AM

Not really sure what the heck this product is supposed to be (toner?) but I like it. Its like really expensive thick water. I mix a little with my sunscreen in the morning & it helps the consistency spread a little more evenly. I also use it to wet my eyeliner brush when using LM's caviar eye liner. I got this in a little sample size & debate with myself whether I should shell out the cash for the big one. I haven't decided yet, but it is definetly a unique product & I feel fufills its intended purpose.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dry skin and received a sample of this toner and just had to buy the full size. First off, I want to say that the "Rich" version is different from the "Light" version in that it's more of a light gel-ish texture. This is crucial for dry skin since it comfortably and more effectively hydrates the skin while also toning it. It feels very soothing on my skin making it more even toned and supple with each use. I use it most when I need to freshen up during the day since I live in very humid weather. I also love the pump packaging; it's very easy for me to get product onto a cotton ball. It's not cheap, but so far I have had nothing but wonderful experiences from Laura Mercier's skincare line so her products are definitely worth it.

on 1/11/2009 12:04:00 PM

This is an HG product for me. I have combination skin with scale-like patches and occasional breakouts. I use it after I wash my face and before I apply (LM) oil-free moisturizer. This has been wonderful in eradicating the scale-like areas on my face. My face feels hydrated and soft after using two pumps of this stuff. Also, no stinging and no breakouts. The price is a little steep ($38) but is definitely worth it.

on 2/18/2008 6:35:00 PM

This product makes your face feel amazing. You put it on after you cleanse but before you put your moisturizer on. It makes your face feel so smooth. I have combo skin and the Rich appears to be perfect for wintery climates. I would recommend this product.

on 3/4/2007 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I like this product a lot! Very pretty packaging, no smell that I can detect. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be toner, exactly. It's more like viscous water that you apply to your face, and that gives moisturizer something to work with, if that makes sense. It's great for me, because I am lazy and just like to apply moisturizer before I go to bed. (To be fair, I don't usually wear much makeup, if any). Using this first seems to let the moisturizer work better, without adding much time to my bedtime routine. I had a sample of the unbleached cotton pads to use this with and they worked great. When they ran out and I got some from the drugstore, the new pads seemed to exfoliate more. I didn't like that effect, and got more LM unbleached cotton pads, but I imagine someone with less sensitive/delicate skin could get away with not paying extra for LM pads.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

perfect prep for moisturizer, after cleansing. no fragrances, doesnt sting when put on a blemish. no alcohol/salicylic acid. It makes my face feel wonderful. the pump is great - it just takes 2 pumps on a cotton round to do my whole face. will definitely buy it again, despite the price (it has deep sea water from japan, which makes it more expensive).