Laura Mercier Perfecting Water - Rich

Laura Mercier Perfecting Water - Rich

4.6

Water, Sea Water, Glycerin, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Artemia Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Carpylic/Carpic Triglyceride, Trehalose, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Sodium Carboxymethyl Dextran, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1,10-Decanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, PVM/MA-Decadiene-Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycereth-25 PCA Isostearate, Methylparaben 6/1/09

I have been using the LM Flawless Skincare line for 8 months. My skin has never been better. I am 42 with combo/dry skin with a lot of allergies and sensitivities and have tried many products that have caused irritation, but I am now getting compliments on my skin since using the LM products.

This is like thick water that your skin just soaks up. I use 2 pumps on a cotton pad and press it onto my face. It feels great! I then use the serums and creme to help hold the moisture in my skin.

Here's the packaging information:

Laura Mercier Perfecting Water is a hydrating fluid that temporarily over-hydrates and prepares the skin for further treatment. This unique skincare product allows moisture to penetrate the deep layers of the skin and is especially hydrating for thirsty skin while adjusting the pH balance using active ingredients.

Perfecting Water minimizes and reduces the appearance of pores and rebuilds and repairs the skin's surface layers and lipid barrier instantly offering a radiant and youthful glow.

Water, Sea Water, Glycerin, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Artemia Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Carpylic/Carpic Triglyceride, Trehalose, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Sodium Carboxymethyl Dextran, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1,10-Decanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, PVM/MA-Decadiene-Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycereth-25 PCA Isostearate, Methylparaben 0.22%. continued >>

on 3/22/2006 1:35:00 PM

Laura Mercier recently updated her skincare line for Spring 2006. New products include: cleansers, toners, brightening serum, and renewal serum. All are derived from new Japenese technology and include deep sea water.

I bought the Perfecting Oil Light (another review) and this new water, similar to a toner, called Perfecting Water - Rich. I bought the "rich" toner as my skin is slightly more on the dryer side in Winter. It doesn't contain any alcohols or oils, but a wonderful balance of hydrators. It tightens pores and gives the skin a beautiful glow. Most of all, my makeup applies effortlessly and seamlessly. I'm amazed how much better my makeup looks with this new toner!!!! Honestly, other toners seem to drain my skin (even though I always buy oil and alchol free) and make it look lifeless. My face and makeup never looked this great. This product is amazing, if you buy anything from Laura's new skincare line, buy one of the toners. Perfecting Water - Light for normal to combination skin (does have a slight amount of alcohol as I looked at the box but does have other water binding ingredients) and the Perfecting Water - Rich (no alcohol) and for normal to dry skins. I will definitely buy again and will most likely buy the "light" for my T-Zone for hot/humid Summer days.

For reference, I use LM's Oil free foundation in Warm Ivory or sometimes I use her TM in Nude. I believe her new skincare products were created and meant to enhance both the skin and makeup application. Again, totally amazing - you will love!!

By the way, other Spring items by LM on the way - Oil free Tinted Moisterizer SPF 20 and Oil free Primer. Dying to get my hands on these!! Love her TM and primer now, but these will be awesome for Summer months!!!!

on 9/20/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased several months ago and almost had buyers remorse before trying it. Luckily I kept it, and it is without a doubt my HG. I apply every time I wash face and it totally prevents any tightness from both mild soap or AHA/BHA exfoliating. Rather than using cotton like most toners, I put a small amount into clean hands and massage into skin. I do this before applying c-serum in morning and before retinol or renova at night. Lasts a long time . Square bottle needs to be tilted when using product so it doesn't run down side of bottle. Really love this.

on 5/9/2008 12:47:00 AM

Hands down the best toner I've ever tried. Only (really big) downside is the price. If you use this daily, or twice daily, you will use it up fairly quickly. And if my memory serves me right without looking up the price.. it's somewhere near $40 a bottle. Steep. When I can afford it, I buy another. When I can't, I suffer through. If I had the money to spend on it all the time, there would be no question as to whether i'd repurchase. LOVE this. I have sensitive, combo, acne prone skin that always has dry flaky spots and oily areas. This is so rich (like the name implies!) and hydrating. I use it after I wash or exfoliate my face. In the summertime, this and the LM Hydrating Primer are enough moisturizer for me. Never, ever have broken out from it, it has never stung either. Did I mention that I love it?? Because I do! I just wish it was a little cheaper, or a little larger.

on 7/14/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Expensive
I love it though. I have dry skin and I spray this on after I wash my face. Ive forgotten to use a moisturizer after this, that's how good it is with hydration. I especially like using it after Ive used a scrub/clarisonic. The Cosmetic Cop, Paula Beogen also gives it a thumbs up
Highly recommend it

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dry skin and received a sample of this toner and just had to buy the full size. First off, I want to say that the "Rich" version is different from the "Light" version in that it's more of a light gel-ish texture. This is crucial for dry skin since it comfortably and more effectively hydrates the skin while also toning it. It feels very soothing on my skin making it more even toned and supple with each use. I use it most when I need to freshen up during the day since I live in very humid weather. I also love the pump packaging; it's very easy for me to get product onto a cotton ball. It's not cheap, but so far I have had nothing but wonderful experiences from Laura Mercier's skincare line so her products are definitely worth it.

I must be missing something. This does NOTHING for me. I have dry skin, too. It's, I guess, kind of nice to splash something on your face... I don't know.

I will buy this product again...once I have the small fortune it costs! This is a luxurious, very calming, cooling and just wonderfully silky feeling "toner". I don't know if I would even call this a "toner", since it doesn't not have any of the characteristics of what I think of as a toner or astringent. This does not sting, burn, or have any alcohol whatsoever in it. It does have fancy deep sea water from Japan, which is why it is so expensive. I am in love with this stuff, although not so much that I don't use other things. This is a splurge for me, and I honestly feel more comfortable buying it for my best friend than for myself.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love how they have repackaged this product -- the taller bottle with a spray pump is much better for applications than the older pump version. At first, I thought the premise of this water was all hype and not worth the money. After getting too much sun on vacation and my skin was incredibly dry and this product worked wonders. Instead of constantly slathering my skin with my very expensive moisturizers, I used this product in between moisturizer applications to rehydrate my skin. I also used it before applying the moisturizer to help my moisturizer soak in. It really worked! I am a convert and have started using this regularly

on 12/17/2010 10:14:00 AM

Not really sure what the heck this product is supposed to be (toner?) but I like it. Its like really expensive thick water. I mix a little with my sunscreen in the morning & it helps the consistency spread a little more evenly. I also use it to wet my eyeliner brush when using LM's caviar eye liner. I got this in a little sample size & debate with myself whether I should shell out the cash for the big one. I haven't decided yet, but it is definetly a unique product & I feel fufills its intended purpose.