3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I have always been big on teasing my hair, but my hairdresser told me I should stop because it is so damaging. So I decided to turn to product to get this desired look instead. Bad idea! It made my hair very sticky and greasy. I ended up having to re-wash my hair righ after using it. 15 dollars down the drain :(

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I bought this about a year ago on the recommendation of my hair stylist. I have layered hair past my shoulders. It is slighty way with a medium to thick texture. I like my hair Brigitte Bardot big and for the most part this delivers. It pumps up my roots and crown and lasts really long. I don't wash my hair everyday so when I blow out my hair I want it to last. Now the can is kind of clumsy and cumbersome to use but if you spray it into your palms and work it through your hair it becomes easier. That being said, it is VERY easy to overdo it so use less then you think you need. One tiny spritz too many and hair can feel gunked up and greasy. Overall I like it a lot. It's has a sassy name and seeing the canister on my vanity makes me smile. It's worth a try if you have thickish hair that needs to go up and stay up!!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

11 years ago

I have very fine, thin hair, so I picked up a bottle of this at Trade Secret last month. It works well as far as making my roots seem a little thicker, but I didn't notice a "wow" effect for the volume. In recent weeks I've also noticed that my hairline and the back of my neck is breaking out, and it never did that before I bought this product. I tried not using it for a week, and my skin went back to normal. So a warning to you gals with normal/oily skin: this will probably make you break out.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

12 years ago

I really tried to like this product but it just made my hair bulid up and have a wierd feel to it. Not natural at all. I have fine hair and I think it weighed it down with too much gunk. I think this would work for thick hair-ed gals.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

12 years ago

Ok i guess it gave some lift, not much, but it made my hair soo stiff and gross feeling. I hate when my hair is not soft.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlond

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I have thick, layered, highlighted hair and live in a highly humid environment. Root Pump Plus does what it says - gives volume at the roots and is fairly resistant to humidity. I'm not sure if I love it better than Redken Guts, but it's a close call.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

12 years ago

I have very curly, frizzy hair without a lot of volume. This product works pretty well, but it makes my hair a litle "crunchy", even if I use a light application. It does boost up the volume and tame my curls, but I think it's overpriced. Probably will stick with Suave Healthy Curls mousse since it's less than $3 at the drug store.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

from

12 years ago

After such rave reviews on MUA, I was expecting this product to give my long, fine hair so much volume, but no dice. To get any oomph, I had to first wash with L'Oreal Glossy Volume shampoo, so that my hair could get a head start. I then had to use a lot of the mousse (which I sprayed on my hand and rubbed on my roots and mid areas) before blow drying. I then had to finish with some volumizing hair spray. For a product that costs nearly $20, it should work better and not need so much help! I will stick with L'Oreal Studio Line Upright Spray Mousse, which gives me lasting volume and costs around $4.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

I use this everyday and especially keep the spray concentrated on my crown. It works quite well for my very long, fine, super-straight hair that is prone to the greasies. I've never tried it without blowdrying afterwards, so I can't report on that. I always, always blowdry with this product, and even if the volume fades a little throughout the day, a quick backcomb/shot with the hand-dryer at work picks my hair back up. Four of of five, will re-purchase, but still looking for that ONE product that will work miracles (I understand that this may be a life-long venture :) ).

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

12 years ago

Oh how I love Root Pump Plus. I have thick highlighted Asian hair, but not a lot of it so Root Pump Plus definitely saves me. Smells great, really plumps my hair up, and dries fast. The nozzle doesn't really make application easy, as the button seems to be cheaply made (which decreases the amount of control I can use with my finger). One lippie off for that. But other than the packaging quality, I'd have to say Root Pump Plus produces nice, big lifted roots as long as you blow dry AWAY from your roots.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair