Bourjois Rose Ambre - 74

Bourjois Rose Ambre - 74
Blush Rose Ambré (Bourjois)

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Beautiful rosy deep coral for medium to slightly tan skin tone but it didn't work well during application. Pigmentation is unsatisfactory, i have to make 4-5 swipes to make it appear on my cheek. Packaging is good, quality is so-so, price point is expensive for a drugstore blusher.

on 3/21/2016 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Man, I really wanted this blush to work. Bourjois products just came into my hometown earlier this year and I was so excited to try them and this blush was one of the first few things I tried and I was disappointed. It's a beautiful, beautiful deep rosy shade with a matte finish but the pigmentation is horrible (no matter what brush I use, it doesn't seem to appear at all on my skin), even when I apply it using my fingers, it goes on patchy and I just can't seem to make it work! Maybe the other shades would work for me, but this one is just a major fail for me. Will not repurchase..

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/17/2015 2:53:00 PM

I was pretty underwhelmed by the blush. I had it recommended to me by a bunch of fragrantican buddies and expected something just spectacular.

It was much smaller than I expected by the packaging is nice, and it's more than enough blush I'll use in 2 years when I'd toss it. I liked the cute little mirror, the brush was stiff and gross and immediately went into the trash. I was a little freaked out by the golden glitter in the other blushes, but now I wish I'd order the lilas d'ore because this rose ambre shade is a little too flat for my liking. The pigmentation isn't terrible I suppose but it wasn't as great as the tarte blush I had in the shade doll face before this. When I put in on I think "well, this is better than nothing." At the least it isn't chalky and doesn't irritate me. I liked doll face a lot better.

The main reason it got 2 lippies is because it doesn't last.

I'm frankly bewildered reading boujois blush reviews. I keep seeing comments like "pigmentation not that good...doesn't last...you need to scratch it to get enough color on your brush" with 5 star ratings. What gives? This brand is worshiped because it's somehow associated with chanel...but if that's true dang. I wouldn't buy chanel blush then.

on 8/3/2015 3:00:00 AM

Beautiful colour. blends very well so great for daywear and can be applied more heavily for evening. Downside is it hasn't got great staying power, I have to apply it again halfway through the day, however I haven't found a good natural looking blusher that doesn't need reapplying! it's gentle on the skin and doesn't seem to block pores. The brush provided is useless, it would be better if they didn't bother supplying it, using the brush makes the blush sit too heavy. Use a stippling brush instead for a natural blend. The close clasp on the blush pot broke pretty quickly but unlike most powder which crumble after some time it's still firmly attached at the base and I never worry about opening my makeup bag to find shards of blush floating about. I will absolutely be buying this again.

This blusher is highly pigmented and a deep red colour. I like how the powder blends well.

on 7/14/2013 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is brilliant, I have the small travel size of it an its so handy. It comes in a cream formula and lasts all day, it doesn't make your skin look to heavy or oily and has a beautiful shade range. Price is worth it for such a lovely drug store blush.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This blush is absolutely perfect! The packaging is really small and handy, it comes with a brush. Usually when a blush comes with a brush, I throw it out, but this brush isn't that bad. The blush has a strong powdery smell (it kind of smells like an old powder, but I like it),but you can't smell it when it's on your face.

This color (rose ambre) is a dark pink - almost red with warm undertones. It is matte. If you have really soft brush, it's quite hard to apply. Not hard, but you may build it up. The color stays on the face for literally ALL day. The price isn't crazy, but for a drugstore product it is a lot (around 300 Czech crowns - $15). I
think Bourjois isn't available in the US.

One downside is that Bourjois hasn't got any light matte shade, in general there are only few matte shades. But the selection of colors is really nice.
I highly repurchase this blush if you are looking for a great staying power and a nice selection of colors.

on 4/6/2013 5:57:00 AM

I agree on the comment that this one is SO easy to overdo, but I like the color. I must have spent 30 mins at the shop just choosing the right color. I chose 74 because it has no shimmer. It's a bit too pigmented, so I have to be really careful with application. I'm not a big fan of the packaging though. It's a nice travel size but I prefer blushes of the powder size. Oh, and the smell...yuck. But I'd buy it again, just in a different shade.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Have always liked Bourjois blushes yet this one I'm not that keen on. I don't like it applied when I have no foundation on & when I do have foundation on, it's still only average. There's a lot nicer blushes out there that cost less - save your money. I don't recommend & won't be repurchasing.

on 7/14/2012 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my first bourjois blush and I really like it! I live in Australia and the blush retailed for $20, but got it $16 on sale. There was such a variety of colours to choose from and I had a hard time choosing the right one. I decided to choose this colour as it appeared very pigmented and has a nice rose touch to my cheeks :) I would say that this blush does not last very long and would have to apply once or twice when i go out. The packaging and scent is really nice and would probably buy one again.

EDIT: I bought 2 more, in shades Rose D'or and Rose Frisson. Perfect for spring or summer :)

Popular Blush Products