Skintimate Shaving Gel

Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

4.2

on 2/5/2019 11:59:00 AM

This is the HG of shaving gels for me. It can get a little pricey for what it is, but it really is the best out there. I'll try to pick them up when Costco or Sam's Club have deals. I've tried many different brands of gel/cream/etc, and I'd say the Gillette Satin Care is a solid #2 with all the rest being much lower. I love all of the Skintimate scents but I've noticed that some stores don't carry many varieties. The blue baby soft I'm partial to and the Raspberry Rain takes me way, way back to my early shaving days lol. It lathers up nicely and the can works pretty well up until the very end. The packaging is super solid and can withstand my clumsiness in the shower time after time. In a pinch I've used body wash, etc but there's just nothing like shaving with this gel.

on 1/16/2019 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My preferred brand of shave cream. This is affordable, gives a rich, foam lather and does not irritate my skin. I mostly use the Dry Skin formula in the pink container. The other one I have used is the Island Berry, which has a light tangy berry scent that I really like. Would try other scents of this brand.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love how moisturizing it is. I love unscented. The raspberry rain I never buy since it smells like perfume. The mandarin and berry island is not bad . It's not strong and has alight fruity smell but I only buy those when unscented is not on shelf.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had stopped using Skintimate years ago, because it just never gave me a very close shave in my underarm area, which is really important to me. I whimsically decided to try it again; something has changed, because it did the job perfectly, with no irritation or dryness. Perhaps it's because I'm using a men's multi-blade razor now?

The "Signature Scents:" Strawberry Tangerine Twist smells like strawberry Fanta. Mandarin Burst is a zesty grapefruit scent, not sweet; this one's my favorite. Raspberry Rain is a soapy raspberry, not foody or overly floral. Island Berry Breeze smells very much like Minute Maid fruit punch - not tropical punch, just fruit punch.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love this. I used all the scents but have repurchased Rasberry Rain & Jasmine Meadows. I love these. The skin on my legs are extremely sensitive (I always use aloe after I shave to calm the irritated red bumps) and this doesn't make it any worse. My razor glides onike a dream. Even though the scent doesn't last long its still a great pick me up. Repurchasing!!!!

on 2/21/2012 4:01:00 PM

I use Luscious Kiwi Splash and it smells amazing! I haven't had any skin irritation with this product as I sometimes do with scented things. It lathers nicely and a little goes a long way so it lasts a while.

on 1/26/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love it.

Cheaper than other brands.

They do not test on animals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like another poster wrote, I broke out in little red bumps all clustered in one area. I had no idea what the cause could be because of the great reviews. They are taking forever to go away. Do not recommend for sensitive skin.

on 8/2/2011 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually use Satin Care for Sensitive Skin but I had picked this up instead because I saw this was much more cheaper and I'm on a very ...very tight budget.
So I got this one for sensitive skin...

Once I used this a second time... DIASTER. Ugh it broke out parts of my legs, like patches of red little bumps but hundreds in one place... It looked disgusting like I had some sort of disease like AIDS or something like that.. Ugh this was a piece of crap.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really enjoyed using this product it worked and smelled great! It was well worth buying. The price could be improved a litttle bit by a dollar or two would be nicer, but I love the smell and feel of it. It really mostirizes my legs and makes them feel soft. Even the bottle is cute. I have kind of sensitive legs and this product didn't even irritate my legs at all! I love this product and will be buying it again. The only con I have about it is that it comes off sometimes before I even get a chance to shave where I put the cream on so the water wastes that part of the product away. It means sometimes I have to re-apply the product. I think it is because I shave in the shower. So my advice is if you buy this which you should dont use it under direct water stream I don't anymore and it stays on longer. I heard and seen Nair commercials for one of their products and it shows that it can be in direct water stream and not come off. I am deciding about that product. Though I doubt it would smell and feel as nice as this product. I recommend!