Skintimate Shaving Gel

Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

4.2

on 2/5/2019 11:59:00 AM

This is the HG of shaving gels for me. It can get a little pricey for what it is, but it really is the best out there. I'll try to pick them up when Costco or Sam's Club have deals. I've tried many different brands of gel/cream/etc, and I'd say the Gillette Satin Care is a solid #2 with all the rest being much lower. I love all of the Skintimate scents but I've noticed that some stores don't carry many varieties. The blue baby soft I'm partial to and the Raspberry Rain takes me way, way back to my early shaving days lol. It lathers up nicely and the can works pretty well up until the very end. The packaging is super solid and can withstand my clumsiness in the shower time after time. In a pinch I've used body wash, etc but there's just nothing like shaving with this gel.

on 1/16/2019 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My preferred brand of shave cream. This is affordable, gives a rich, foam lather and does not irritate my skin. I mostly use the Dry Skin formula in the pink container. The other one I have used is the Island Berry, which has a light tangy berry scent that I really like. Would try other scents of this brand.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love how moisturizing it is. I love unscented. The raspberry rain I never buy since it smells like perfume. The mandarin and berry island is not bad . It's not strong and has alight fruity smell but I only buy those when unscented is not on shelf.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had stopped using Skintimate years ago, because it just never gave me a very close shave in my underarm area, which is really important to me. I whimsically decided to try it again; something has changed, because it did the job perfectly, with no irritation or dryness. Perhaps it's because I'm using a men's multi-blade razor now?

The "Signature Scents:" Strawberry Tangerine Twist smells like strawberry Fanta. Mandarin Burst is a zesty grapefruit scent, not sweet; this one's my favorite. Raspberry Rain is a soapy raspberry, not foody or overly floral. Island Berry Breeze smells very much like Minute Maid fruit punch - not tropical punch, just fruit punch.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the Raspberry Rain shave gel. This stuff is crap. I have dry, sensitive skin and it did NOTHING to protect against nicking or shaving irritation, not to mention it makes a very thin (almost nonexistent) layer of gel on your skin. I left this stuff in my shower, hoping I would use it up eventually and the can and the top starting rusting horribly. Then one day it exploded on its own and all of the product leaked out of the can. Would NOT repurchase.

on 6/26/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The skintimate for sensitive skin (purple packaging) is my go-to. I have very sensitive skin but this leaves my legs smooth and bump free. However, I truly hate the packaging. One tumble onto my tiled tub and the plastic nozzle breaks and usually makes the bottle unusable. The product itself is great but they really need to step up their game on the packaging!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I prefer this shaving gel to most other products I've tried. I find it gives a good degree of lubrication, while not clogging up my razor. I only wish it was unscented, as I would prefer that.

I sometimes buy Gilette, as that is available at Costco and is therefore cheaper. But I always wish I was using the Skintimate

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love this. I used all the scents but have repurchased Rasberry Rain & Jasmine Meadows. I love these. The skin on my legs are extremely sensitive (I always use aloe after I shave to calm the irritated red bumps) and this doesn't make it any worse. My razor glides onike a dream. Even though the scent doesn't last long its still a great pick me up. Repurchasing!!!!

on 2/21/2012 4:01:00 PM

I use Luscious Kiwi Splash and it smells amazing! I haven't had any skin irritation with this product as I sometimes do with scented things. It lathers nicely and a little goes a long way so it lasts a while.

I have problems with dry, itchy skin on my legs even though I replace my razor as needed and use lotion. So glad I tried this out, I usually use the Gillette Venus Satin Care stuff but I found that my legs were still very dry after.. This shave gel smells great (I have the strawberry one, smells like candy), and leaves my legs really smooth and soft after. Will definitely repurchase.