Skintimate Shaving Gel

Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the Raspberry Rain shave gel. This stuff is crap. I have dry, sensitive skin and it did NOTHING to protect against nicking or shaving irritation, not to mention it makes a very thin (almost nonexistent) layer of gel on your skin. I left this stuff in my shower, hoping I would use it up eventually and the can and the top starting rusting horribly. Then one day it exploded on its own and all of the product leaked out of the can. Would NOT repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like another poster wrote, I broke out in little red bumps all clustered in one area. I had no idea what the cause could be because of the great reviews. They are taking forever to go away. Do not recommend for sensitive skin.

on 8/2/2011 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually use Satin Care for Sensitive Skin but I had picked this up instead because I saw this was much more cheaper and I'm on a very ...very tight budget.
So I got this one for sensitive skin...

Once I used this a second time... DIASTER. Ugh it broke out parts of my legs, like patches of red little bumps but hundreds in one place... It looked disgusting like I had some sort of disease like AIDS or something like that.. Ugh this was a piece of crap.

on 5/6/2010 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I hate this stuff! It makes my skin red and itchy and has such a loud smell. I switched to Aveeno.

on 4/11/2010 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I'm sorry, I tried to like this but it does not agree w/me. I bought the raspberry scent (I love raspberry scents) but this one is severely synthetic & acrid, actually smelling pretty much like raspberry vomit. I hold my breath as much as I can while I'm trying to use up the can so I can be done with this & never buy it again.

I like traditional shave foam, and while this gel is moisturizing, I don't enjoy the flat but slick texture.. it doesn't foam up like basic shaving foam. After this I'll go back to my usual dollar store Barbasol version. I like that much better (except for the men's aftershave smell).

This gwel gave me a horrible allergic reaction. I had hives ALL over my body! Not just my legs but all the way from my neck to my feet for two days. I was miserable. Gave me the shock of my life too, because I wasn't sure what had happened.

Even if you aren't allergic, this stuff isn't that great. If you use a sharp ravor, you'll get the same results. I would NOT recommend!

on 5/10/2005 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

this stuff is NASTY.
It clogs up your raiser makes a MESS of your shower. AND as for my legs....they feel DIRTY.

SKIP IT!

Shaving with water or just dry is better than using this stuff. The burning and itching after I shaved my legs with Skintimate could only be relieve by slathering on aloe vera. Horrible stuff.

I bought the exfoliating kind.When it said that it exfoliates,I figured they meant it contained a chemical exfoliant,not a physical scrub that would clog up my razor and dull it out quicker than anything,making it impossible for me to get a close shave.I think I'll stick to using conditioner to shave with as it works better than anything and leaves my legs silky smooth.

on 7/29/2003 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've never been all that impressed with Skintimate, but I decided to give it another try recently because my legs have had some eczematic patches on them. The sensitive skin version of the shaving gel did absolutely nothing to soothe my skin, and in fact left them feeling drier. I'm not a big fan of fruity scents, so the pears and citruses of the line don't impress me at all. I'll stick with a nice, thick shower gel or my trusty Aveeno.