4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I got this a couple of years ago as a sample from Delias (for buying so much), & don't have many complaints about it. I wondered why it's necessary to go out and buy gel specifically for shaving when you can just borrow your mum's hair conditioner, but the raspberry flavour one I got smelled gorgeous & seemed to do the job just fine. Not a necessary product to keep in the cupboard, but does what it says.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Other, Fine

11 years ago

Really good. I've used this forever, and it works much better than conditioner for me.. I've found when I use conditioner for some reason i don't get as close a shave. I'm not crazy about how scented/colored it is.. I usually don't like to use too many chemicals/scented products on my skin, so I'm going to finish the can and then I'm on the lookout for a new shaving cream. EDIT jan 01/09: This started to really really dry out my skin, so i've switched to aveeno shaving cream.. this stuff is just way too processed and chemical for me, thanks.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

This was the first brand of shave cream I used as a young teen when I first started shaving and I loved it and still do for the most part. I think the scents are great and I love shaving with foam. I agree that shaving with conditioner is cheaper and does a fine job, but I still find myself buyiing this in all the new scents that come out and using it regularly. It is very moisturzing and does what it claims to do, keeps your legs smooth and nick free.

About reviewer (213 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

11 years ago

This a a great shave gel but... Why use a shave gel when any generic shower gel will do the job? I'm only giving it 3 Lippies because it's really not a necessary product. I love the way the gel feels but I will not repurchase it.

About reviewer (717 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

2.0

11 years ago

This is an good generic Shaving gel. Nothing special to report. It's as good as any other out there. However, with the Blue baby soft one, I get the worst razor burn ever (it's not my razor as i dont get it with a different gel). It's so bad when i get out the bath/shower, i can barely keep still with the itching. I have to have a freezing shower afterwards and apply ice cubes to my legs to settle it. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin, it's just this one product from Skintimate. Even with their other variaties i don't get this problem. The bottle rust so becarefull where you keep it!!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

Love this shave gel! My legs feel incredibly smooth after using this and it smells wonderful as well. I thought soap was doing its job until I purchased a can of this shaving gel! What I also love is that the smoothness lasts for a few days. This review is based on its Aromatherapy line, and I picked Tropical Splash with Olive Butter.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlack

12 years ago

I used Skintimate for years---usually the tangerine, raspberry, or chamomile scents, and they always worked perfectly well: few to no nicks and cuts, nice smoothy smooth legs that smelled great. However, I just recently discovered that Vo5 or Suave conditioners, the really cheapie ones, make AMAZING shaving cream, for a fraction of the cost. So sorry Skintimate---you've been replaced!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

12 years ago

today was my first time ever purchasing a shaving gel/creams/etc. type product & to be honest, i always thought soap was just as effective. but as i passed down the aisle in target, i decided to give it a whirl. i mean, i never gave it a second thought but i noticed it wasn't as much as i thought it would be ($5) & was under $2. so i bought it & that night, i tested it out. in the shower, when i first dispensed the shaving gel onto my hand, i wasn't sure how much i needed so i started out with a nickel sized portion. when i slathered it onto my legs, i realized it was very thin and didn't have much coverage and it was also dripping down my leg. i cannot lie, at this stage, i was extremely disappointed. so i shaved the first leg and then started onto my second one. this time, i put a much bigger portion onto my hand (the size of two quarters, although it was by accident) & i feel as if it was too much this time. i slathered this onto my other leg and it lathered very nicely and this time, i found it very moisturizing and it was a much easier (and closer) shave. overall, i find this to be a product that i will most likely buy in the future. the scent is extremely appealing (raspberry rain) and with the correct amount, i believe that it will be a perfect shave every time. (:

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

12 years ago

This is the best shave gel I've used. I've tried every scent and formula they make and honestly, I love them all. It give me a close shave, keep irritation away and helps my legs feel smooth. I constantly had razor rash but I started using this to shave my legs and then when I get out of the shower, while my legs are still wet--I slather them with safflower oil ( see my review, this stuff is AMAZING). My legs have literally never been softer, and razor rash is a thing of the past. I buy this stuff in a 3pk at Sam's and I'll use it as long as they make it. HG shaving gel...absolutely!

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

I got the 'lotionized' version of this product for my sensitive and super dry legs. It makes them feel a little softer than usual, without the residue left behind from my moisturizers. It could have better lathering up abilities, because it washes off quite easily but I like it and it's lasted me a long time. I've tried multiple scents and they all smell great, not overpowering but really sweet. The only really negative things are that the bottle rusts too easily and it clogs my razor because the formula is kind of thick. But that's happened less now that I have a non-disposable four blade kind. Recommended.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair