Skintimate Shaving Gel

Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

4.4

on 2/5/2019 11:59:00 AM

This is the HG of shaving gels for me. It can get a little pricey for what it is, but it really is the best out there. I'll try to pick them up when Costco or Sam's Club have deals. I've tried many different brands of gel/cream/etc, and I'd say the Gillette Satin Care is a solid #2 with all the rest being much lower. I love all of the Skintimate scents but I've noticed that some stores don't carry many varieties. The blue baby soft I'm partial to and the Raspberry Rain takes me way, way back to my early shaving days lol. It lathers up nicely and the can works pretty well up until the very end. The packaging is super solid and can withstand my clumsiness in the shower time after time. In a pinch I've used body wash, etc but there's just nothing like shaving with this gel.

on 4/11/2010 10:48:00 PM

Great shaving gel. I have been using this stuff for years. I buy it in all different fragrances and I really like them all. This stuff gives me smooth legs when shaving and I will continue buying it regularly.

on 2/28/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love the SignatureScents in "Raspberry Rain". Not only does it have a really nice, thick, foamy lather to it, but it also smells so good. I love that it has Olive Butter and Vitamine E in it which makes my skin feel very smooth after I've shaved.

The price is very inexpensive at right around $3.00 for a 7 oz. can at WalMart.

I do try out new scents from the SignatureScents line, but I tend to come back to the "Raspberry Rain" scent again and again.

I have no need or desire to look for other shaving gel products, this is definitely my Go-To.
-Needless to say, I will buy again, and I highly recommend it to others.:)

on 12/30/2008 9:14:00 PM

Only shave gel I've used for 10 years. I have thick leg hair and have to shave every single day and Skintimate prevents cuts and is more moisturizing than shaving with soap.

on 8/15/2007 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

After buying this off and on for many years, I finally decided to switch to regular bar soap for shaving. The Skintinate gel does not provide enough lubrication to protect the skin against cuts while shaving. This is just a thin layer of foam with some fragarance thrown in. By the way, I never liked any of the Skintimate scents, which are either too sweet or too fruity. Since I've made the switch to regular soap, my skin is softer and better protected when shaving. Hair conditioner works good too! This is one product you can eliminate from your bathing routine.

This brand really seems to be hit or miss with people, but it totally works well for me. This has several different oils in it, including olive oil. So, as for shaving the trick is soak your skin at LEAST two minutes to soften the skin, and the hair. This way you are not likely to get razor burn.

Anyways, the selection of scents they have are decent. Mostly it's tropical or fruit scents, which is nice to smell while bathing. It has a rich lather, and moisturizes my skin well for a close smooth shave. I plan on buying this in the future, highly recommended.

on 10/27/2006 9:55:00 AM

I love it when I find a whole new category of things to review - shaving products! So I've been using this stuff for years, usually in the sensitive skin formula. I don't pay much attention to the different "flavors." It has worked just fine. I use a small amount and it just turns right into a rich foam. I still use moisturizer after, but my legs get so dry, I can't expect a shave gel to do it all. It definitely keeps me from having razor burn, because when I shave with just soap or something cheap, my legs feel scraped up. I think Aveeno shave gel is better, but Skintimate is good enough for most of the time.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Skintimate shave gels and after using Satin Care for over a year now, I just switched back and started using the Skintimate shave gels again and I love them! I can honestly say that no other shave gel I've ever tried works as well as Skintimate. Yes, the Satin Care gels have the "silk" in them that makes your skin feel silky smooth in the shower, but I think these moisturize better and I love the Skintimate scents much better too. I went shopping with my fiance' tonight and picked up some raspberry rain (one of my top fave scents) and I love it! My faves are baby soft (blue can), raspberry rain (hot pink can) and glistening pair (green can). I love them and if you are using Satin Care and think it's the best, try these and you just might be surprised. Love the lather and they leave my skin feeling soooo smooth and I haven't heard any complaints! :)

on 4/19/2005 11:33:00 PM

This review is in reference to my favourite Skintimate formula:

Baby Soft with Baby Oil

This is THE best shaving gel that I've ever used... I've tried many others(Aveeno, Kiss My Face, Gilette, etc), but always come back to this one.

The shave I get is always as close as it gets. I cannot and have not gotten the same closeness with other brands/formulas. It smells wonderful, lathers up thick with just a little bit of product, and always leaves my legs feeling soft and moisturised.

In fact, I used it this morning, and can still feel the softness left over. I don't know if it's the extra baby oil or what, but this is a definite "5" in my book. I doubt I will ever use another brand or formula of shave gel again. continued >>

on 2/9/2002 10:16:00 PM

This shaving gel comes is various scents and formulas. I typically use the one for dry skin. I find that I get a nice lather, close shave, and soft skin. (Note: I have also used the raspberry-scented formula and found the smell to be pungent and headache-inducing.)

Top Rated Hair Removal