Skintimate Shaving Gel

3.8

on 6/26/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The skintimate for sensitive skin (purple packaging) is my go-to. I have very sensitive skin but this leaves my legs smooth and bump free. However, I truly hate the packaging. One tumble onto my tiled tub and the plastic nozzle breaks and usually makes the bottle unusable. The product itself is great but they really need to step up their game on the packaging!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product, for me, is one of those that I never think to review because it's been a staple for years and it's always done its job. Well, I like this shave gel in every iteration. These gels do not dry out my legs and make them itch, help me get a good shave no matter how long it's been since the last one, and some of them even have the nerve to smell good.
I am satisfied with this line of shave gels and I will continue to rebuy.

on 7/8/2011 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't wait to shave with this gel, it's smells so delicious and lathers so well! Raspberry Rain is my absolute favourite, even my DH asked "how come you girls get the yummiest smelling everything?" Well dear, we also pay an extra dollar or so for it but it's worth every penny. My skin is very sensitive and I never get irritation despite obvious fragrance in the product. Makes shaving much more pleasurable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Doesnt give me razor burn, or cuts

on 6/19/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried this shaving cream quite a few different times and I've never liked it. I'll try it for a while till the can is gone then I'll go back to something else. Then months later I'll try it again or someone will buy it for me and still no good. I don't know if I'm using the wrong kind of Skintimate or what but it makes my razor drag and I don't think I've ever had a smooth shave. Tends to cause a lot of razor rash for me as well. I've given up on it. Good luck to everyone else!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this shaving gel for years. You only need a little bit for a thick lather, and it really protects my skin from nicks/cuts. After rinsing, my skin is sooooo soft and smooth. It comes in a variety of formulas and scents so there's something for everyone. Very affordable and readily available at most drugstores for less than $4, cheaper if you grab it on sale.

on 4/11/2010 10:48:00 PM

Great shaving gel. I have been using this stuff for years. I buy it in all different fragrances and I really like them all. This stuff gives me smooth legs when shaving and I will continue buying it regularly.

on 1/20/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use Skintimate after using Gillette. I cut myself less often with Skintimate, but still cut myself. I switched over to Aveeno and I never nick myself anymore. Aveeno also feels smoother and seems to moisturize a bit. I like the range of Skintimate's scents, though...If it kept me from getting cut, I would use it more often since it's cheaper, but my sensitive skin scars too easily and unfortunately have a lot of shaving scars already.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only shave gel I use. I love it. Smells great. Works great. Doesn't irritate my skin (most dry me out or leave a nasty film). And 1 bottle lasts forever. Love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I ♥ skintimate shaving gels!! They have such a wide variety of scents! My fav's are Watermelon and Mango. They lather up REALLY well, you dont need much and the do a great job of protecting my legs from nicks and cuts. They seem to help keep my skin soft too which is a plus :)