Skintimate Shaving Gel

Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had stopped using Skintimate years ago, because it just never gave me a very close shave in my underarm area, which is really important to me. I whimsically decided to try it again; something has changed, because it did the job perfectly, with no irritation or dryness. Perhaps it's because I'm using a men's multi-blade razor now?

The "Signature Scents:" Strawberry Tangerine Twist smells like strawberry Fanta. Mandarin Burst is a zesty grapefruit scent, not sweet; this one's my favorite. Raspberry Rain is a soapy raspberry, not foody or overly floral. Island Berry Breeze smells very much like Minute Maid fruit punch - not tropical punch, just fruit punch.

I have problems with dry, itchy skin on my legs even though I replace my razor as needed and use lotion. So glad I tried this out, I usually use the Gillette Venus Satin Care stuff but I found that my legs were still very dry after.. This shave gel smells great (I have the strawberry one, smells like candy), and leaves my legs really smooth and soft after. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I use to love this stuff so much, & it was the only shave gel I would ever use. It would dry my skin out though, but I thought there was nothing I could do, so I continued to use. Then, a few times ago I went to the store & looked at my options and decided to get the Satin Care for Dry/Sensitive skin. I love that one so much more because it doesn't make my legs feel as dry. They both do the job just as well though. Probably won't buy this brand & type again.

on 3/16/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I generally use this in Sensitive or Satin Care in Sensitive (whatever's cheaper, depending what's on sale). I like it. It laters well and protects my skin well and gives me a close, smooth shave. The only thing I'd change about it is to make it a bit less fragranced (sensitive skin doesn't really like fragrances). That's one pro that the Satin Care Sensitive gel has over this one (much lighter, barely noticeable fragrance). Otherwise it's good.

on 1/16/2011 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG shaving gel!!! I've used this ever since I started shaving, and I love it! It leaves my legs so very smooth, I'll never stop buying this stuff!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've always gone for and loved their fruity scents but recently tried the baby oil gel, and omg my legs are always beyond soft afterwards! It makes me want to try shaving with actual baby oil alone cause I've heard it works really good. I hate using mineral oil(which is what baby oil really is) in body lotion but as far as shaving goes it seems to be really nice!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought it in the berry scent(pinkish gel). It has a nice scent and it helps give a smooth shave( I used it with a regular Venus Razor and a St. Ives knockoff exfoliant before putting it on to exfoliate my legs and underarms).

on 5/6/2010 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I hate this stuff! It makes my skin red and itchy and has such a loud smell. I switched to Aveeno.

Really good. I've used this forever, and it works much better than conditioner for me.. I've found when I use conditioner for some reason i don't get as close a shave. I'm not crazy about how scented/colored it is.. I usually don't like to use too many chemicals/scented products on my skin, so I'm going to finish the can and then I'm on the lookout for a new shaving cream.
EDIT jan 01/09:
This started to really really dry out my skin, so i've switched to aveeno shaving cream.. this stuff is just way too processed and chemical for me, thanks.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used Skintimate for years---usually the tangerine, raspberry, or chamomile scents, and they always worked perfectly well: few to no nicks and cuts, nice smoothy smooth legs that smelled great.

However, I just recently discovered that Vo5 or Suave conditioners, the really cheapie ones, make AMAZING shaving cream, for a fraction of the cost. So sorry Skintimate---you've been replaced!