Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

Filtered by skin type : Other
Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

3.5

on 2/6/2016 9:06:00 PM

Some people will say that the Teddy Bear All About Shadow Quad is boring, but if you're looking for a collection of wearable, long-lasting, and truly neutral shades for an everyday look, Teddy Bear is perfect for you. Like many of the reviewers here, I've gone through many nude eye shadow palettes, but they would always contain a shade or two that I never wore, shades that were too similar to one another, or shades that weren't exactly neutral (i.e. too yellow, too cool). No matter how nice the texture was, they ended up becoming a waste of money for me because of the wasted shades. What I like about Teddy Bear is that there are only four shades, but they are four distinct shades, and even though you will have your favorite shade or two, you will use all four shades. Also, some people will say that they prefer to use their own eye shadow brushes, but I appreciate the fact that this quad comes with sponge-tip applicators. I have my own eye shadow brushes, but I don't like to carry them around. It's practical and convenient to have a palette that includes applicators. Finally, I like the sleek packaging with the see-through bottom so you can see all the shades.

Pros: all four shades are wearable and usable, no wasted shades, truly neutral (not too yellow or cool), long-lasting, practical and convenient because the palette includes sponge-tip applicators
Cons: the lighter shades might not work well for darker-skinned individuals

on 3/19/2006 7:30:00 AM

I really wanted to like these eyeshadows. I decided to check them out after hearing a lot of positives about them, and fell in love with the Teddy Bear set. However, upon trying the eyeshadows myself, I found them to go on choppily and heavily. I have used every application technique I know, trying everything from applying foundation and powder as an eyelid base to using various application tools (different eyeshadow brushes, sponge tips, the included applicators, even Q Tips that almost never work to apply makeup anyway). My conclusion is that this is simply a bad, overpriced product. The only reason that it didn't get the worst rating from me is that the eyeshadows don't seem to crease and do have a lot of staying power, too much, in fact, so that it makes blending a stripy nightmare. This could possibly work for someone with darker skin that needs heavily pignmented eyeshadows to get any color to show up, but on my fair skin the deep pigments and rough blending are obvious. Sigh... I will be returning this for a refund and looking for sheerer eyeshadows. UPDATE: DO NOT BUY COSMETICS FROM ROBINSONS MAY. Robisons May has recently changed its returns policy and will not refund or exchange opened or used cosmetics. The salesperson did not mention this change at the time I purchased this product and the store has refused to respond to my written request for a refund. I now must return this product through Clinique.

Top Rated Eye Shadow