Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

3.7

on 8/13/2015 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been buying this for a few years and forgot to review it. This is my go to when I want to wear eyeshadow but am not sure what to go with or want something subtle and flattering. Beautiful soft matte shades, easy to apply and wear. Not what I reach for if I'm going out somewhere fancy in the evening but perfect for work, daytime etc. Would repurchase.

on 10/21/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Looks gorgeous on the pan and probably works well for everyone who doesn't have hazel eyes or particularly yellow undertones. On me it just brings out the yellow and looks really drab I need a pinky brown tone in there somewhere to even the yellow undertones out. If this doesnt work for you and you have similar colouring to me (very pale yellow hazel eyes)the Spicy palette will be your friend.

on 6/19/2013 2:47:00 AM

I was looking for a matte brown eyeshadow when I came across this one, because all the department store shadows tended to have shimmer or glitter. This is a great every-day eye shadow; it's light weight, it applies evenly, and it even has a mirror both inside and outside of the box!
I have relatively oily lids, where even Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, some eyeshadows I use still crease. However, in this case, I didn't experience any creasing, but as the day progressed, the eyeshadow seemed to be rubbing off, so the colour would get less and less intense.
I highly recommend this as a daytime eyeshadow, where you don't need much colour, or if you're going for the au naturale look, this is great for you!

on 12/14/2012 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitiveeyes. This has been the only eye makeup I've been able to wear without problems. Teddy is the perfect palette for everyday use, at the office. Layered on for a more intense look, it's also perfect for evening use. Tip: I pat on my eyelids then spray with Avene water to set.

on 10/14/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the colors in this quad. The soft natural tones are perfect for everyday. The color payoff is good and the finish is nice and smooth. These shadows give you that perfect "naked" eye look.

on 7/27/2011 8:45:00 PM

Perfect quad for everyday, I love the colors (they are not harsh) and it just gives my a natural look. It's not expensive and I think that they are perfect for those of us who are not very good at applying eye shadows. The only thing that annoys me is the packaging, it has a silvery (like a mirror) top and it gets dirty with fingertips wich drives me a bit crazy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of the joys of doing a no buy means that you rediscover old favourites and realise you don't really need things like the Naked Palette! Ok, so all these colours are Matte but I think they are a perfect go to for a natural or neutral look. They could possibly be built into a more dramatic look but I prefer to do more with my lips!

Four very blendable browns. All matte - good for me because shimmery eyeshadows eventually irrititate my eyes. I sometimes just wear one shade by itself. I find all the shades very flattering to my blue eyes.

on 2/8/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product when trying to create a more age appropriate and "normal" makeup look, and i read that matte neutral shadows were better on older women like me.
The compact is fine. And i had no problem with color payoff. Each of the four taupes and browns showed up just fine. But these matte brown eye shadows were far from flattering on me. The matte powder made my eyes looked aged, deeply creased, and mummified. The colors on me looked dull and muddy and accented every line and wrinkle.
I have decided that i like a little more shimmer and a bit more color to make my eyes look brighter. Teddy Bear won't get any cuddles from me.

on 1/26/2010 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this, despite the reviews being so-so (mostly). I'm glad I did! I have Clinique's Color Surge Trio in Come Heather, Quad in Pink Chocolate, and Duo in Buttered Pecan. I love them all. The colors are creamy, pigmented, natural, and long lasting. I go to Clinique when I don't want to wear something over the top. (I have UD, MAC, and MUFE for that!) The colors are always so *perfect* for that beautiful, wearable, more natural or muted day look or for a more formal evening look. Ok, on to Teddy Bear. What are you expecting buying a palette of nudes? Is a color that is close to your eyelid color going to POP BOOM POW!? No. It's not. This palette for a neutral, naked, matte eye. And it does a great job at being that, and for a fraction of the price of some other great nude mattes (NARS duo, Cargo quad). Let me repeat something: This is great for a NAKED eye. Not for a pop of color. I'm not sure what other muaers were expecting when they bought this. It is very pigmented for a naked palette too... Hey, if I said MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly wasn't pigmented, I'd get ripped a new one. Fortunately, I won't say that because I can see that it's just NUDE and blends in naturally with my skin. (But it's very pigmented! I love it!) I love this palette just as much! Click continued for a photo! :) And that's a crappy cell phone pic of me in my car; the pigment showed that much in a cell pic. This is PIGMENTED! (I had to blot the brush when using the darker shade to keep in more neutral. I feel like I could have got smokier if I wanted to.)

Full Size Image

on 5/24/2009 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Most of the reviews I read on this were poor and well, I got it anyway, and I am glad I did because they mostly lie! Yes, you have to have the sand to wear matte. I got the quad for $25 dollars at sephora not on sale, which IMO is quite cheap. Depending on personal method I can see using 1 to all of the colors at any given time. They blend perfectly for me, it could be different for me because I use actual makeup brushes, not the ones in the set (never tried), but with my MAC eye brushes they blend quite well. I have not checked out in daylight yet, but they do not seem to go orange or warm on me, which is the problem I have with most neutrals. I am NC 15ish (technically 17) and thus far in very bright bathroom it looks fine.

Daylight results have come back and well.. looks fine..