Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

on 2/6/2016 9:06:00 PM

Some people will say that the Teddy Bear All About Shadow Quad is boring, but if you're looking for a collection of wearable, long-lasting, and truly neutral shades for an everyday look, Teddy Bear is perfect for you. Like many of the reviewers here, I've gone through many nude eye shadow palettes, but they would always contain a shade or two that I never wore, shades that were too similar to one another, or shades that weren't exactly neutral (i.e. too yellow, too cool). No matter how nice the texture was, they ended up becoming a waste of money for me because of the wasted shades. What I like about Teddy Bear is that there are only four shades, but they are four distinct shades, and even though you will have your favorite shade or two, you will use all four shades. Also, some people will say that they prefer to use their own eye shadow brushes, but I appreciate the fact that this quad comes with sponge-tip applicators. I have my own eye shadow brushes, but I don't like to carry them around. It's practical and convenient to have a palette that includes applicators. Finally, I like the sleek packaging with the see-through bottom so you can see all the shades.

Pros: all four shades are wearable and usable, no wasted shades, truly neutral (not too yellow or cool), long-lasting, practical and convenient because the palette includes sponge-tip applicators
Cons: the lighter shades might not work well for darker-skinned individuals

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It is amazing very high pigmentation you can create many looks with this palette all the shadows are matte. i have oily eye lids and i can wear it with no primer and it looks fine. I recomed it alot and to everyone

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/13/2015 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been buying this for a few years and forgot to review it. This is my go to when I want to wear eyeshadow but am not sure what to go with or want something subtle and flattering. Beautiful soft matte shades, easy to apply and wear. Not what I reach for if I'm going out somewhere fancy in the evening but perfect for work, daytime etc. Would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette for a subtle, contoured eye with a winged eyeliner. Blends beautifully! It's a keeper! :)

on 2/22/2015 5:52:00 PM

For years I've been searching the drug stores for the a good set of neutral base colours. I'm not used to buying makeup on line but I saw this one and took the plunge, spent the extra money, and I am totally satisfied. The colours are a perfect neutral for me, not too yellow or shimmery. The shadow goes on very nicely, not too powdery that it flakes off all over your face and not so hard that you have to scrub it off the pan. Long lasting as well. I especial like the packaging, how you can see the colours on the bottom without opening it up.
My other neutrals are in the garbage.

on 1/13/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I got this palette, which is all matte, along with Choco-Latte, which is all satin, for neutral work looks. I always end up putting them away to experiment and always come back to them. Teddy Bear supplements those palettes with too few transition colors or mattes and is a no-brainer for a quick face kinda day. And, can we talk about the packaging? Sleek and bulk-free. I so love these shadows that I spent about an hour wandering around Sephora today checking out eye shadow palettes and I chose a Clinique 8 pan (pinks) to break a wicked long palette no-buy. Not only was it the only one to have colors I don't already own, the swatches confirmed my good experience with my two go-to palettes.

on 4/25/2014 11:05:00 AM

I am almost 40 years old, so am pretty much done with shimmers and sparkles as I just don't feel it looks on my eyelids. I was looking for something that is completely matte and very subtle as I have blonde hair/blue eyes and prefer to wear brighter lipstick with a subtle eye and nice, curled, fanned out black lashes. I am beyond impressed with this palette. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. All I want from an eye shadow is for it to last the day, which it did, have absolutely no shimmer, tick again, and basically look like a natural shadow on my crease. Basically, I am after a shadow that really looks like a natural shadow from the light, not a colourful eye shadow from the pan - if that makes sense.

It doesn't irritate my eyes, has no detectable smell and the shadows go on smoothly with no fallout. The darkest shade to the very right of the palette is extremely pigmented. I can even use the two middle colours on my brows. The first 3 colours are not very pigmented as they are subtle...at the same time, they are not chalky. But subtlety is what I crave, so bring it, I say.

To sum Teddy Bear up:
This is perfect for those who:
Are looking for a no makeup, natural look
Prefer to wear brighter lips, so keep their eye makeup understated
Are fair to medium and can't carry off very colourful eyeshadows
Are looking for the perfect palette to blend out or diffuse the more crazy coloured eyeshadows.

I would definitely repurchase this palette. It seems to be getting harder to find. Hopefully it's not going to be discontinued because I know this has been available for years and years. I had this palette once before when I was a very young woman, but didn't really value its modesty. I thought it was nice, but boring. Now that I'm older, it has its place in my heart and I will never neglect it ever again.

on 10/21/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Looks gorgeous on the pan and probably works well for everyone who doesn't have hazel eyes or particularly yellow undertones. On me it just brings out the yellow and looks really drab I need a pinky brown tone in there somewhere to even the yellow undertones out. If this doesnt work for you and you have similar colouring to me (very pale yellow hazel eyes)the Spicy palette will be your friend.

on 9/5/2013 10:06:00 AM

I only have the palest shade in this quad, so I can only comment on the one color. This is one of my favorite matte cream colored eyeshadows, very versatile while being almost invisible on my skin. I got this in a set of three as part of a Clinique GWP and even though I don't use the other two eyeshadows in the set, this one is almost used up. I use it over heavy or too-dark eyeshadow to tone it down for work, I blend out all my shadows with this to reduce harsh lines, I use it as a mattifying base and also a highlighter. It is pale enough that I could even use it for a face powder on my NC10-15 skin!

I would absolutely buy this in a full size (if it came separately from the rest of the shadows in the quad), and I am considering buying other Clinique eyeshadows because of the high quality of this one.

on 6/19/2013 2:47:00 AM

I was looking for a matte brown eyeshadow when I came across this one, because all the department store shadows tended to have shimmer or glitter. This is a great every-day eye shadow; it's light weight, it applies evenly, and it even has a mirror both inside and outside of the box!
I have relatively oily lids, where even Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, some eyeshadows I use still crease. However, in this case, I didn't experience any creasing, but as the day progressed, the eyeshadow seemed to be rubbing off, so the colour would get less and less intense.
I highly recommend this as a daytime eyeshadow, where you don't need much colour, or if you're going for the au naturale look, this is great for you!