Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

3.1

I really can't stand to put this lipstick on. It literally feels like I used a glue stick on my lips rather than actual lipstick! Not to mention all the glitter just makes me look like I'm 10.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My second lipstick gloss ! :) [I can't believe I remember that] My first one was Mauvey Rock, and I finished this gloss very fast. The color was great, NOT STICKY, although the glitter particles were a bit harsh.. And no it does not look the way it looks on Josie Maran's advertisements haha! I also bought this in Plum Solitaire, as a cheap fuschia color because I knew I wouldn't want to shell out money for a color I knew I'd use once or twice. Plum Solitare dulls your teeth extremely. I also bought.. Pink .. a really sheer pink one. I forgot the name and it isn't on the website. It was a very light pink, and that had almost no color payoff. It rolled down to the back of my bed one day and I never did bother going back to get it. [ I don't know what the point of that was but .. yeah] Maybe if they got different shades, I might go out to buy another one.. but I'm not too keen on buying them anymore.

on 9/24/2005 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

meh... this smells bad =/ like, yucky, plastic processing smell. the glitter particles are gritty, and after a meal , the color is gone, but the glitter refuses to budge >.<;
sheer natural lipstick, the lighter shades dont show at all, all u get is a bit of shine and a ton of annoying glitter.color isnt consistent, so i wont buy again

on 1/8/2005 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff tastes absolutely horrific, doesn't last long at all, and feels incredibly waxy. The "glitter" in it feels very grainy and uncomfortable, and this doesn't have a "wet" look at ALL. I don't know what it is with Maybelline makeup, but I just keep getting dud after dud...

on 12/12/2004 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My favorite light lipstick in the world is Agnes B.'s HydraJelly. I love it. I mean, I really love it. However, I do not love the price and I do not love how they give you such a small amount of product for that price. So I started searching for something out there that would be similar. It's hard to find a good light lipstick that gives a bit of color, lots of shine, and makes my lips feel better. It doesn't have to wear long because I hate longwearing lipsticks and it doesn't have to have color that can be seen from a mile away because I prefer a subtle look for daytime. In this simple cheap-looking pink tube with the tacky diamond sticker on it, I've found my HydraJelly replacement. No, it's not exactly the same, but it's good enough at all of the things that are important to me that I actually bought multiple tubes in my favorite colors. One for my purse, one for my desk at work, and one for my Caboodle at home. I'm very pleased with it, especially Solitaire Sandstone and Mauvey Rock. If you like light lipstick or want lipbalm with a hint of color/shine, this is one to try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Grainy, gritty, glittery, gross.

Also: not lasting and sucks moisture out of your lips, doesn't feel soft and emollient, and simply looks, in my opinion, childish and cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had this in pink carats for the longest time. I had used so much of it, that I resorted to using a lipbrush to dab at the remains in the tube. I thought the color was really pretty and added a nice sparkly/shimmery touch to my lips. Had to wear it with other lip gloss or balm though, as the lipstick buy itself tended to be drying. The texture was also a tad bit gritty, but not too bad. I probably won't buy this again because I've found better alternatives. Still, not a bad lipstick.

I have 4 different shades of these,and 3 out of 4 of them I love(one shade just doesn't look quite right on me).The shimmer is beautiful and they have a glossy look to them.I love wearing a thick clear gloss over them for an uber-wet shine,yum!

on 2/17/2003 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does NOT last long at all. Like the texture and colors but what is the point when you have to reapply constantly? blech

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am so pleased with these-an even better version of Wet Shine! These are just like the Wet Shine, except they have a shimmery/glittery look. They don't have a gritty feel at all and are very smooth and pretty long lasting.