Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

I really can't stand to put this lipstick on. It literally feels like I used a glue stick on my lips rather than actual lipstick! Not to mention all the glitter just makes me look like I'm 10.

on 1/14/2008 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The colours are pretty in the tube but the staying power is horrible, also, they look fake and gross on my lips. I didn't find these to be really that shiney either.

If I could give this lipstick a negative rating I would. The colors are pretty but the packaging is cheap, ugly and breaks really easily. The formula lasts for 2 seconds on my lips and then vanishes either around the outside of my mouth or into thin air ???????????

on 3/2/2007 4:58:00 PM

Cheap, cheap, cheap. You get what you pay for. Lovely colours in the tube but when they're on they feel horrible. The glitter feels abrasive on my lips and the lipstick itself has no moisture. Ladies, head to the nearest Clinique, MAC or Chanel counters instead!

on 1/8/2005 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff tastes absolutely horrific, doesn't last long at all, and feels incredibly waxy. The "glitter" in it feels very grainy and uncomfortable, and this doesn't have a "wet" look at ALL. I don't know what it is with Maybelline makeup, but I just keep getting dud after dud...

on 6/23/2004 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Although I don't normally like shiney, glossy, plastic-looking lipsticks and lipglosses, I was very eager to try this lipcolor because it just looked so damned cool! It's a *very pretty* lipstick. If you are like me and don't dig shine and gloss that much, I still reccommend you try this lip color because it's glittery, metallic, and very fun. It has hardly any staying power, though, so it comes off fairly easy. There also isn't a very wide range of shades. I prefer reds, wines and berries, but when I bought the dark reddish-wine shade they have, I was rather dissapointed to have it come out a dark pink on me, and pink lipstick looks absolutely horrid on me.

It's gorgeous lipcolor with no staying power and little selection, but if you can find a shade you like, you go out there and shine! It's fun to wear, but not really advisable for anything serious.

on 6/18/2004 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this awhile ago because I like the wet shiny look I saw in magazine ads (I usually use lip glosses). Well this stuff was a waste of my money. It doesn't give a wet look, it's like anyold lipstick. And it has a gitty feeling on my lips. Very gross feeling. Who's going to want to kiss gritty lips? Will not repurchase.

on 5/2/2004 11:47:00 PM

This looked weird on me. It was just like they said, very shiny, wet and looked like I had a bunch of glitter all over my mouth. No thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Grainy, gritty, glittery, gross.

Also: not lasting and sucks moisture out of your lips, doesn't feel soft and emollient, and simply looks, in my opinion, childish and cheap.

Yuck, I wanted to like this product, but it was drying, grainy, and the colors were unflattering.