Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

on 2/11/2002 3:32:00 PM

I have this in Pink Diamonds, and it's beautiful. It's a rosy/berry pink full of gold shimmer/glitter, and it's very multidimensional and luminous on the lips. The color lasts a long time too, and after it fades a little, it leaves a pink/peach/gold stain. A beautiful, beautiful lipstick.

on 2/14/2002 6:42:00 PM

I love these lipsticks! I just picked up two at Target - Dripping Honey and Mauve Rock. Dripping Honey is like Clinique Black Honey with shimmer - and not as sheer. Mauve rock is pretty - kind of a purpley pink (but in a good way.) They also had some pretty bronzey colors and some rather garish hot pink ones. Good price though, 2 for $8!

This is a pretty good lipstick. There is a bit of shimmer to it, but nothing like I thought it would be, however I really do like this lipstick, the colors are great and the shine is good also and it is different from other lipsticks considering the shimmer aspect of it. I would buy it again, Im sure of that, it is a very flattering lipstick.

I bought the Crushed Garnets which is a berry color. I'm planning on getting the tawny color as well. These are really pretty and shiny although they're not as shiny as the advertisement which was enhanced. These lipsticks are awesome.

Went and bought the Tawny color. Love it as well. Especially layered with my Shimmer Stixx in Glam. Tawny has little glitters in it and it goes on a brownish bronze with a hint of pink shimmer.

I bought the shade Pink Diamonds because it looked so pretty in the ad and I'm impressed. The color looks exactly the same (a pink/rose) with a lot of shine. It's not a glossy shine, but a sparkle-y shine, so the "Wet" title is a bit off. It wears well, no obnoxious fragrance and a good price. I definitely plan to check out some more shades.

on 3/8/2002 4:36:00 AM

If you expect to get what you saw in the ad, forget it. As usual, Maybelline have created a great concept, but have been unable to come up with a real-life product to match. These are just good ole creamy frost lipsticks, the twist being that instead of a white frost, you get silver or gold microglitter. the finish is semisheer, very slightly glossy, with tons of glitter. They go on very smoothly and evenly and wear reasonably for this type of product. One thing I didn't like was that the color wore off before the glitter, leaving a peculiar twinklelips look. I got Shiny Peach, a light peach with silver glitter, and Shiny Cherry, a deep warm plum (not at all cherryish) with gold. The Peach looks a bit matronly on its own, but with gloss on top (esp Stila Apricot Lip Glaze), you have a great JLo style look. The Cherry is more your everyday work color, but I'm not sure I like such a lot of glitter in such a relatively dark color - it looks a bit theatrical. The casing is nice and solid, and a beautiful frosty pink color - not too cheap looking. A nice product for the price, but they should have called it Glitter Frost if they were honest.

on 3/8/2002 9:57:00 PM

A great deal! There were lots of gorgeous, energetic sheer shades to choose from. I chose Drippin' Honey this time, hearing the buzz that it was similar to Clinique's black honey, and indeed it is, maybe just a touch more brown in it. The texture is wonderful, it literally melts right on, feels very smooth and moisturizing and light, with no odor/taste whatsoever, and decent pigmentation for a sheer. As everyone has noted, there is no 'wet shine' but it's like any other sheer lippie. I am certainly tempted to get more!

on 3/9/2002 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not being a big Maybelline fan, I was dubious about trying this product, but decided the Tawny color was a bit too pretty to pass up. I'm not disappointed that I tried it, but I'm not exactly fawning over the "diamond" quality, either. The color is absolutely beautiful, and contains little microbits of a fine glittery substance. The glitter barely shows on my lips, which is good as I would hate to look so garish. It IS shiny, but "wet" is hardly the word to define the effect it leaves. If wet is what you're after, I'd suggest a healthy coat of MAC Lipglass in addition to this lipstick. The staying power is decent. I only had to reapply once during an entire day, and that was only because I wanted a deeper hue. Overall, very good quality, although doesn't follow through on its promise.

on 3/11/2002 1:42:00 PM

Great lippie. I bought Pink Carats and Spolied in Rubies. Great color with silver microglitter infused throughout. Very smooth and shiny. Lasted for quite a long time.