Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/11/2008 6:49:00 AM

Now, I certainly wouldn't buy this again right now, because shiney, glittery lipsticks are looking horribly old and overdone to me at the moment. However, a few years back that was all I wanted, and this stuff delivers! You shine wetly, your lips are pretty moisturised, though not much, and it doesn't leave quicker than other lipsticks. The diamonds-effect is really nice (again, if that's what you're looking for).

on 6/22/2007 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I do like this for lipstick. I have it in Shimmering Sands. I've had girls ask me what I was wearing when I had this on. It looks shiny & pretty & doesn't feel thick or cakey. It doesn't settle into my lip lines. The color also stays for a good amount of time unless your eating or something like that. Here is a pic of it on

Full Size Image

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are a little too sheer and glossy as a lipstick for my taste. The shades don't go on very dark. I doubt I would repurchase.

on 10/24/2005 8:22:00 AM

I have champagne punch and it's a beautiful colour, it suits everyone I've recommended it to as well. I love the lipstick itself but the lid often falls off in my handbag.

on 6/7/2005 11:17:00 AM

This lipstick is so beautiful. I tried to find a substitute but I can't find a color that or quality that looks this good on me but I can't. It's so sparkly which is all I wear. I put mac lip glass in clear over it or caboodles in blast which my boyfriend picked out for me (it gives puts little clear blue sparkes over it sooo cute and it's barely noticable.

This is the only drugstore l/s I actually like, it has plenty of sparkle and lasts a good long while. Most others fade quickly or feel really dry, but I like this one.

on 5/2/2004 11:47:00 PM

This looked weird on me. It was just like they said, very shiny, wet and looked like I had a bunch of glitter all over my mouth. No thanks!

on 1/30/2004 5:06:00 PM

Wet Shine? No. Diamonds? Nearly!! This should have been called very shimmery lipstick because that's what it is. Not particularly long lasting, but it does hhave one of my favourite lippie shades - Sequin Mauve.

Too gritty. I got a color that was too orangy. Didn't like at all. Not what I expected. It is more matte than it looks.

Mauvey Rocks-great nude pink color with tons of moisture. It's really sheer and not too "glitzy". I didn't even feel the glitter at all on my lips. Not very long lasting but being BOGO, I didn't mind reapplying.
The cap keeps falling of in my purse but that's about it.