3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is one of my must haves. Has some great ingredients and really moisturising. Makes a nice base for make up. Packaging also very good to ensure ingredients do not connect with air. Don’t be put off by the beige colour as it amounts to nothing (on me). I always repurchase.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlue

2 years ago

A product I've been using for at least 10 years, probably closer to 15. I have fair, sensitive skin with a touch of rosacea - it burns easily and I can tan pretty well, with freckles. A really superb product for coverage, SPF and non-clogging, non-greasy protection that has really protected my skin well over the years - not just sun protection, which is the most important protection, but it is called "Citiblock" because it works like a foundation, too - not as pretty or smooth without precise colour matching - but they have improved their formulations over the years and this provides a balance of good coverage, protection, and almost-a-foundation that I just put makeup over. No chemical smell, although I have noticed that if you rub your eyes, you will feel it sting (the chemicals are there but are "low dosage"). Not a 100% physical block, but a combination that is really non-irritating and provides better sun coverage than most products I've tried. I am a fan of Clinique mascaras and this product and almost never buy other Clinique products. But this product stands out, especially for fair, sensitive skin. Have lost count of how many times I've repurchased.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

2 years ago

The CLINIQUE Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 40 is a nice sunscreen option for those looking for a sunscreen that is a mineral and chemical hybrid. This sunscreen has a slight tint to it and because of that tint it really doesn't have any of the white cast that so many mineral sunscreens have. I like that this sunscreen has an SPF level of 40, which is above the traditional SPF 30 that many sunscreens have. This has many different antioxidants included which is good to see. There is one citrus ingredient so if you have very sensitive skin this might be a pass, I didn't have any issues with it. This sunscreen works well under makeup and never looks greasy or oily. I would repurchase this again in the future. My video review and swatch can be seen here: https://youtu.be/upeC4006Bqw

About reviewer (704 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0

2 years ago

I am quite pale and this made my face look a lot darker than my neck, I didn’t realise at first but as the day went on it started to look darker - made me feel a bit self conscious! Plus I have a feeling it has clogged my pores a bit and I have Rosacea - not the best mix....Clinique need to make a physical sunscreen, still not sure how I feel about them as a company. Yes they don’t use fragrance but I don’t think they use the best ingredients in their skincare

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

Just ordered my second tube. I've been on the lookout for a good sunscreen that doesn't cause shininess or sting my eyes that's also affordable. This fits the bill. I had been using Obagi matte sunscreen and found it inconvenient to order and expensive. I like the way this smooths my skin and looks under my cc cream while providing sun protection. Will continue to use. Buying during bonus time is an additional perk.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone

EyesGreen

2 years ago

One of the sunscreens that i've used and am satisfied with. It's non sticky, absorbs rly fast. And the tint is very subtle. Does not have a strong scent like most sunscreens. great formula that sits on top of moisturizers and beneath makeup rly well. One thing is i find that when i apply makeup straightaway after super city block, the makeup goes on nicely. But if i wait for half an hour before putting on makeup, when i put makeup on it will start to flake.

About reviewer (210 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I like but don't love this. This is a sunscreen with both physical and chemical blockers (Zinc 9.6%, Titanium dioxide, Octinoxate, Octisalate) that also has antioxidants. It feels a bit heavy on at the get-go, but the feeling does go away. It's also quite soothing because of the zinc and anti-inflamatory ingredients it has, like Licorice Root. It has a nice faint, but sweet smell. It has to be applied twice a day at least because it breaks down somewhat. You are supposed to do that anyway with sunscreen, but with this one you HAVE to or risk looking caky/dried out at the end of the day. This goes on better on top of moisturized or slightly damp skin (more slip). It leaves a noticeable but not horrible glowy beige cast on my NC 42 Skintone that I easily remedy by dusting some powder over top. Lighter skintones will find this can pass as a light coverage bb cream. If you are acne-prone and on a budget, id suggest the Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Powder. It's smoothing and has a nice light coverage; it doesn't break me out either. As I said, it has a sheen but it's not unworkable and I say that having oily skin. It's not a greasy sunblock. On days where my skin is more normal it feels very mattifying and I HAVE to prep with moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge). Its a sunblock so I have to apply makeup on top with a sponge. Id avoid very matte foundations with it because it can make them look extra dry and crack/gather weird. I would repurchase but its not HG. Pro's: +Affordable and accessible + Soothing (doesn't sting/anti-inflammatory) +Safe to use around eye area +Mix of physical and chemical blockers +Tinted +Doesn't feel too heavy or greasy +Has antioxidants +Sanitary packaging Cons - Clogs my pores a little (not a lot, mainly around my nose. Happens to me with all Mineral spf) - Only comes in a golden beige tint (My skintone is NC42), so It makes me look a bit pale. -Doesnt play well with my velvet matt finish liquid makeups -Its slightly tacky at first, though it ends up setting and feels soft.

About reviewer (354 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

i love love this..ive been using this for the past 3yrs and i regret not doing it earlier. i hv sensitive oily combo skin prone to break out and this doesnt hv any negative effect at all no stinging no buring no itching no breaking out spread nicely and absorbed quickly. i used it alone in the morning when driving kid to school then later under my makeup. its oil free can be a bit drying i need moisturizer under it

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

A real game changer in my skincare routines. No matter what you put on your face at night to treat/heal your skin with all your powerful treatment serums or night creams, it's all useless until you protect your face during the day. Formulated with variety of antioxidants that treats your skin while protecting it. I also learned that it has the best ingredients - Vitamin C and E, which helps to heal and lighten scar from the previous breakout, and gradually even out my skin tone. Been using it for 2 years now, and very happy with the result.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

3 years ago

Lovely texture. Nice dewy healthy look on the face. Packed full of good ingredients. SPF40 is nice. Unfortunaly it's WAY too dark for me. It says it fits all skin tones - of course that's not true. It looks ridiculous when I put it on, since it's so much darker than my skin tone. Price is resonable for a cream of this quality imo. I wish this could be my everyday go-to cream. Clinique: please make an untinted version! You'd have many more loyal customers.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair