Aveda Calming Composition

No Image

4.3

$23 for 1.7 oz at Aveda

Nice as it moisturizes without being greasy. If you have money to burn, go for it. I'll have to try it on my hair and scalp as others do. For use on the skin, I would just as soon use Neutrogena bath oil. The packaging is a selling point. You do have to shake vigorously to get product out of the shaker top, but the bottle is designed so that you don't get oil running down the side of the bottle into a nasty little pool wherever it sits. Achieves this goal. I love all things Aveda, but for me this is an unnecessary product.

on 10/16/2009 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this stuff. I use it with a scentless lotion that I have and it makes my skin so soft for the whole day! My BF loves it... and its great for massages too :]
Expensive... but worth it.

on 2/24/2009 9:23:00 AM

I totally don't ever want to live with out this, it smells seriously amazing and it's excellent for massages.

I use this every night during the winter and love it! It smells like roses (very lightly though so it's not overpowering) and it feels so good and not overly oily, it just soaks right in. I can tell you from going to Aveda training classes, etc. that the main ingrediant is Jojoba and unlike the last reviewer stated it is in large quantites so I'm not really sure what she's talking about. True pure Jojoba shouldn't have a dark color, those are additives with it or if it's not filtered enough. Like our Beautifying Composition is also true Jojoba but it's a darker yellow because there are more of the other oils in it too, like Rosemary, which by itself is a darker color,. The only thing in this is Jojoba and Rose plus vitamins and they are not dark strong oils. Just wanted to clear that up. Anyway, I find it moisturizing for normal to dry skins. If you are very dry I suggest the Beautifying Oil, which I personally do not care for as it's too strong a scent for me, but that's another review. We sell more of that one than the others...but if you like a lighter scent stick with this one.

Popular Lotions / Creams