Dove Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.6

I have very fine bleached blond and color treated hair (low-lights). This was terrible; made my hair feel really dry! Yuck! This goes for both the shampoo and conditioner. So,if you have dry, damaged fine hair- keep looking! I wouldn't recommend.

I have med length hair, the strands are fine but I have a lot of hair if that makes sense. I have to be careful with the product I use because it's either too moisturizing and my hair is too soft or it's not moisturizing enough and feels like straw. This shampoo and conditioner is PERFECT for my hair. I couldn't stop touching my hair I was so surprised with the results. In the past I have used a lot of salon shampoo and conditioners recently loving matrix biolage line which after awhile just left my hair feeling not so clean it just felt like my hair always had a heavy product in it. This left my hair shiny, silky (not too soft!) and best of all clean! I love it and will continue to purchase. Great stuff!

firstly, the only reason why i wouldnt buy this again is because its pretty expensive. i work at a drug store so i know how cheap shampoos can be, even good ones when theyre on sale. (l'oreal vive pro is buy one get one free just about every other week) but i did get this shampoo when it was 2 for $8 and i had a $2 coupon.

anyway, when i first bought this i was using it in the shower and my sister came in to brush her teeth and went "mmmmm whats that smell". so, it smells great. i dont know if it really did much to my hair though. i recently got it highlighted then went back to get it highlighted again within a week, then dyed it dark ash blonde a week later, and died it again a month later. so, i guess my hair probably should be really dry and damaged, but its not too bad.

i also have the conditioner, and i felt like that didnt really condition too well until i read the back and saw that it said to leave in for 1-2 minutes. well i leave it in and finish my shower then rinse it before i get out and its really soft and knott free. =] and it smells just as good as the shampoo.

on 11/29/2006 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

While it isn't exactly THE MOST HORRIBLE shampoo for highlightened hair out on the market, it does come as a disappointment. I was under the impression that Dove would develop and come out with a good shampoo just because of all of those stupid marketing schemes that I apparently fell prey to. This dries my hair horribly, to the point where if I rubbed my hair together I could literally hear the straw-like effect. :(

Not only that, it really made my hair a tangled mess. So can you just imagine what kind of immensely dry, straw-like, tangly mess it could have on yours??

This lathered really well and left my hair soft and smelling great. All in all I'm more pleased with the new line of dove hair care!

on 7/14/2006 9:12:00 PM

This shampoo left my hair very dry and tangled. the cap is not user friendly
i had to wedge my nail under the lip to flip it open. i now leave the cap up.
my husband didn't even like it.

on 5/22/2006 8:01:00 PM

I have highlights and as a result, my hair is extremely dry. This is one the best products that I ever used.

While this smelled really clean and flowery, and lathered amazingly well...I really disliked the way it left my hair. After rinsing, it felt matted and tangled. Even after using the matching conditioner, my hair did not feel very healthy. After blow drying, I was left with dull, flat and lifeless hair!

on 4/5/2006 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Simply an awsome product at a great price!