Dove Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/5/2008 1:10:00 PM

I have severely processed hair right now. To cut the story short, I basically high lighted and lowlighted/highlighted my hair within 3 weeks of each salon visit. To begin with, I also have frizzy, wavy, thin strands, dry, fly away, split end prone hair. My regular shampoo and conditioner (Matrix Smoothening line) was drying out my hair and giving my scalp white "flakes" (product build up). My good friend suggested using Dove bec of it's gentle and moisturizing properties. After the first use, I felt the difference right away. After using Dove for 3 weeks, my hair is soft and silky. And my scalp is healthy (no more "flakes"). Also, when I first came out of the salon, I thought my lowlights were too dark. This shampoo, brought my lowlights to the color I wanted and my highlights are bright and shiny. I love this shampoo...I love the smell. I didn't give it 5 lippies though because I hate the packaging. It's hard to hold the bottle (especially when my hands are wet) and flipping open the top to open it hurts my finger sometimes. Dove needs to rework the packaging on this product.
TIP: To avoid drying out my hair, I shampoo every other day and use the matching conditioner every day. I do this only when my hair is not dirty from sweat or from being outdoors too long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What can I say other than "meh"? No terrible, not great. OK, light smell. Does not strip but seems rather harsh to use daily.

This shampoo leaves my lightened hair soft and shiny. It doesn't dry it out in the least. I prefer a richer lather, but for the price, this is a great shampoo for color treated hair.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's hard to say whether it was the home color methods or the shampoo, but my hair became a little too dry w/ breakage after several months' use.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This makes my hair very soft and it smells so good. I have no complaints, just a head full of great hair!