Dove Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair

No Image

3.2

I have med length hair, the strands are fine but I have a lot of hair if that makes sense. I have to be careful with the product I use because it's either too moisturizing and my hair is too soft or it's not moisturizing enough and feels like straw. This shampoo and conditioner is PERFECT for my hair. I couldn't stop touching my hair I was so surprised with the results. In the past I have used a lot of salon shampoo and conditioners recently loving matrix biolage line which after awhile just left my hair feeling not so clean it just felt like my hair always had a heavy product in it. This left my hair shiny, silky (not too soft!) and best of all clean! I love it and will continue to purchase. Great stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow. I am really surprised by the negative comments on here! This is my HG shampoo for sure! I love all of Dove's products, and this one is no exception. Admittedly, I came on makeupalley to check out the comments on this line before I purchased it. I was really hesitent due to all of the negative reviews, but I thought, the whole system is only (roughly) $12 (for the shampoo, conditioner, and luminating mist), which is a whole lot cheaper than the Bed Head shampoo for ligthened hair that I was using. So, I thought, "Why not?" Man, am I glad I did! The FIRST day I used it I had three comments on how "lovely" my hair is. I mean, my hair gets oily easily, is course and rough, etc. I was floored! My hair has looked FAB ever since! Yey! I LOVE this shampoo! HOWEVER, I think it may have faded my highlights a bit...makes me wonder what is in it that fades bleached out highlights; or, rather, made them a tad brassy. Keeping that in mind, I would rather have faded highlights and beautiful hair--which I now do!--than bright highlights with oily, course, and overall bad hair.

on 5/22/2006 8:01:00 PM

I have highlights and as a result, my hair is extremely dry. This is one the best products that I ever used.

on 4/5/2006 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Simply an awsome product at a great price!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This makes my hair very soft and it smells so good. I have no complaints, just a head full of great hair!

on 3/16/2006 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Since I have highlighted my hair it has been extremely dry, feeling like straw and very unmanageable to comb through. So I saw this on sale and decided to try this particular Dove shampoo & conditioner. This shampoo lathers really well, makes my hair smell good throughout the day and leaves it manageable and soft, which was exactly what I was looking for. So this gets a thumbs up from me!

on 7/27/2009 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a good shampoo, I used it a couple of years ago when I had bleached highlights in my hair. It kept my hair pretty soft. But the best thing about this stuff is the smell, it smells amazing.

on 4/25/2009 9:44:00 PM

My hair is fairly long- (When it is straightened, it lies halfway down my upper arm.) My hair is fairly thin and is prone to having dry ends. (My hair is actually darkened by just a few tones, but not lightened.)
When I first used Dove Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair, I was on holidays and the small packaging of 200mL was very convenient, I hated it. I had no choice for the next 8 nights but to use it. After the third night, I started to like it. My hair felt soft, looked shiny and wasn't dry at the ends. Now, the only bad thing I can say about the combo of this shampoo and conditioner is that by the end of the day, my roots are oily, which isn't a problem for me, because I wash my hair every day. It is better than my last shampoo and conditioner, which is dearer, Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is good shampoo. After switching my hair colour from the blackest black to a bright, firey red, I needed some help with dryness and helping my colour last. It really did help with re-hydrating my hair after the bleaching, but I've used other shampoos that held the red in longer. Overall thumbs up!

firstly, the only reason why i wouldnt buy this again is because its pretty expensive. i work at a drug store so i know how cheap shampoos can be, even good ones when theyre on sale. (l'oreal vive pro is buy one get one free just about every other week) but i did get this shampoo when it was 2 for $8 and i had a $2 coupon.

anyway, when i first bought this i was using it in the shower and my sister came in to brush her teeth and went "mmmmm whats that smell". so, it smells great. i dont know if it really did much to my hair though. i recently got it highlighted then went back to get it highlighted again within a week, then dyed it dark ash blonde a week later, and died it again a month later. so, i guess my hair probably should be really dry and damaged, but its not too bad.

i also have the conditioner, and i felt like that didnt really condition too well until i read the back and saw that it said to leave in for 1-2 minutes. well i leave it in and finish my shower then rinse it before i get out and its really soft and knott free. =] and it smells just as good as the shampoo.

Popular Shampoos