Dove Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair

No Image

3.2

on 10/9/2007 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

At first my hair looked great everytime I used this, I got quite a few compliments but over time my scalp went really itchy and flaky. I didn't think it was the shampoo until I read the reviews. I switched to Garnier poo and cond. 2 weeks ago and sure enough my scalp in back to normal, my hair is a lot less dry and I'm even loosing less hair in the shower, this is nasty stuff and I'm amazed it took me so long to realise!
Don't trust Dove anymore now!

on 11/9/2006 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have blond partially highlighted hair. I started using this just after getting my hair foiled 3 weeks ago and my roots now look awful and my hair looks brassy. I am going to have to go back to the hairdresser and have my foil redone or something. While it did a good job cleaning my hair with no build up- i need a shampoo that keeps my highlights fresh and non brassy so for me this was a dissapointment. I am going back to my biolage.

I wish I had waited for a sample packet of this shampoo....it dries my hair & scalp horribly. I've tried using only the matching conditioner and it's okay, but if I use this shampoo, I'm fighting the urge to scratch my head all dang day...grrrrrrrr

on 7/2/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this product. I have used it several times and found it to be terribly drying. It smells great, but my hair feels like straw. Even when wet, after using conditioner, it felt dry - if that makes any sense. Will not continue to use. The search continues...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo and conditioner did an ok job. I wouldn't recommend for anybody that wants volume. It really weighs down your hair and the conditioner doesn't really moisturize damaged hair

I have very fine bleached blond and color treated hair (low-lights). This was terrible; made my hair feel really dry! Yuck! This goes for both the shampoo and conditioner. So,if you have dry, damaged fine hair- keep looking! I wouldn't recommend.

on 11/30/2006 4:34:00 PM

This is another run-of-the-mill drugstore shampoo that is not very moisturizing. I find Dove's regular line of shampoos and conditioners to be superior to the new "Advanced Color Care" line.

on 11/29/2006 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

While it isn't exactly THE MOST HORRIBLE shampoo for highlightened hair out on the market, it does come as a disappointment. I was under the impression that Dove would develop and come out with a good shampoo just because of all of those stupid marketing schemes that I apparently fell prey to. This dries my hair horribly, to the point where if I rubbed my hair together I could literally hear the straw-like effect. :(

Not only that, it really made my hair a tangled mess. So can you just imagine what kind of immensely dry, straw-like, tangly mess it could have on yours??

on 7/14/2006 9:12:00 PM

This shampoo left my hair very dry and tangled. the cap is not user friendly
i had to wedge my nail under the lip to flip it open. i now leave the cap up.
my husband didn't even like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have long oily roots dry ends color treated medium brown hair with blonde high lights. After using the shampoo my wet hair felt neither dry or moisturized. It gave a nice lather and smelled wonderful. I used the matching advanced light conditioner which instantly untangled my long hair. A little of that goes a long way because its very creamy like. My hair felt amazingly soft and hydrated while wet after I used both shampoo & conditioner without the feeling of it being weighed down. After blow drying my hair feels a bit drier then I would like it too. Every dove product I have tried has weighed down my hair & made it felt coated and or/dry so maybe this is the same. I have freshly washed hair so I will update if the volume stays. I must say this ACTUALLY stripped some of the brown out or so it seems, my hair looks a lot lighter.
I have been sick for the past 5 days which means my hair was an oily wreck. For my hair to have the dry feeling it does now does not make since considering how oily it was so it must be either the shampoo or conditioner. I will be returning this shampoo & conditioner but holding onto the luminzer & mask for now.

Popular Shampoos