Clarins Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Clarins Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

4.8

on 2/27/2008 8:40:00 AM

I got this as part of a pack, and totally fell in love with it. I found it sooo incredibly relaxing when used in a bath, and it really does make your skin feel fantastic. The scent is strong and distinctive, but I crave it now that I've run out. I'll definitely be buying more!

on 1/15/2008 11:10:00 AM

Not for me but for my fiance! I can only use Dead Sea bath salts as allergic to all others I have tried in Aromatherapy associates etc.

He lucky chap gets a bath run for him most nights and has a selection of bath foams (he is not into oils).

I get him this for present as he always has about 4 other kinds on the go anyway,

This was his favourite until he chanced upon the Champneys range in Sainsburys (UK grocery store). He likes their Oriental bubble float one over this one now and has pushed into second place. He likes the Clarins over the Philosophy ones I got him from QVC (Chocolate, Vanilla cake, Cinnamon buns.)

I would purchase for presents though as a lovely gift.

on 4/12/2007 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells wonderful and actually does relax me. It smells herbal but there isn't one scent that sticks out any more than another- quite balanced. Not that I would be able to describe what scents make up this concoction anyway- it just smells gorgeous. I use this gel in the shower on a puff or pour a small amount into the bath (baths are a rarity these days due to the drought). A little goes a long way too, so although the outlay is expensive, it lasts far longer than most supermarket equivalents.

Lovely fragrance, I use it more in the shower than bath. Gentle and non-irritating.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this smell—not fruity, not flowery, not foody, and not too single-note herbal. I use two capfuls with about two pounds of Epsom salt (which seems to help it foam up more) and a couple of tablespoons of oil. Then I turn on Seinfeld, lie back in the tub, wiggle my toes, and have a good laugh. Not as good as getting a full body massage from George Clooney in a beach cabana with the ocean sounds blowing sheer white curtains through an open window as I sip a mai-tai, but it is a nice way to end the day.

Here’s the list of what’s in it, but before I peeked, I would not have been able to identify any of these. I would have guessed: “uhhh, lavender?” Apparently not.
Hawthorn

Basil

Chamomile

Coconut

Geranium

Bitter orange

Linden

Common valerian

When I figured out that a capful (approx. 5ml) costs about 55 cents I stopped using this as a shower gel. At least in the bath I can enjoy the fragrance for a half-hour or so. Though the expense irritates me, I continue to consider this a necessary purchase. continued >>

Wow, this stuff really works. I love to use it after a stressful day. It has a very unusual scent and does help me relax. It's pretty expensive, so I only use it a couple of times per month.

Popular Bath Treatments