CLARINS Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CLARINS Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

on 4/12/2007 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells wonderful and actually does relax me. It smells herbal but there isn't one scent that sticks out any more than another- quite balanced. Not that I would be able to describe what scents make up this concoction anyway- it just smells gorgeous. I use this gel in the shower on a puff or pour a small amount into the bath (baths are a rarity these days due to the drought). A little goes a long way too, so although the outlay is expensive, it lasts far longer than most supermarket equivalents.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this smell—not fruity, not flowery, not foody, and not too single-note herbal. I use two capfuls with about two pounds of Epsom salt (which seems to help it foam up more) and a couple of tablespoons of oil. Then I turn on Seinfeld, lie back in the tub, wiggle my toes, and have a good laugh. Not as good as getting a full body massage from George Clooney in a beach cabana with the ocean sounds blowing sheer white curtains through an open window as I sip a mai-tai, but it is a nice way to end the day.

Here’s the list of what’s in it, but before I peeked, I would not have been able to identify any of these. I would have guessed: “uhhh, lavender?” Apparently not.
Hawthorn

Basil

Chamomile

Coconut

Geranium

Bitter orange

Linden

Common valerian

When I figured out that a capful (approx. 5ml) costs about 55 cents I stopped using this as a shower gel. At least in the bath I can enjoy the fragrance for a half-hour or so. Though the expense irritates me, I continue to consider this a necessary purchase. continued >>

Wow, this stuff really works. I love to use it after a stressful day. It has a very unusual scent and does help me relax. It's pretty expensive, so I only use it a couple of times per month.

Popular Bath Treatments