Clarins Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

Clarins Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

4.4

on 2/8/2002 3:19:00 PM

No matter what bath product I stray to (and I like to try 'em out!) I always find myself coming back to this - it smells great, gives lots of bubbles and really does work (maybe the St John's Wort in the formulation helps). Nothing relaxes me more after a long day!

I liked this. It relaxed me--but I didn't really like the smell...reminded me too much of "green" stuff...

on 12/3/2002 6:18:00 PM

This bath foam has a very natural and subtle herby floral scent reminiscent of an essential oil blend. Not very foaming, but it does soften the bath water noticeably. It really is 'relaxing' and lovely for a late night bath before bed.

Wow, this stuff really works. I love to use it after a stressful day. It has a very unusual scent and does help me relax. It's pretty expensive, so I only use it a couple of times per month.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this smell—not fruity, not flowery, not foody, and not too single-note herbal. I use two capfuls with about two pounds of Epsom salt (which seems to help it foam up more) and a couple of tablespoons of oil. Then I turn on Seinfeld, lie back in the tub, wiggle my toes, and have a good laugh. Not as good as getting a full body massage from George Clooney in a beach cabana with the ocean sounds blowing sheer white curtains through an open window as I sip a mai-tai, but it is a nice way to end the day.

Here’s the list of what’s in it, but before I peeked, I would not have been able to identify any of these. I would have guessed: “uhhh, lavender?” Apparently not.
Hawthorn

Basil

Chamomile

Coconut

Geranium

Bitter orange

Linden

Common valerian

When I figured out that a capful (approx. 5ml) costs about 55 cents I stopped using this as a shower gel. At least in the bath I can enjoy the fragrance for a half-hour or so. Though the expense irritates me, I continue to consider this a necessary purchase. continued >>

I dunno what exactly Clarins put in it but it smells heavenly!!! Wow~

on 12/15/2003 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

great shower gel,nice aromatic smell,lathers well and doesn't dry skin.

on 5/1/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For a shower gel or a foam bath, this is an expensive product, but for its unique, incredible smell, it is worth every cents, in my humble opinion. I use this product as a shower gel, in the evening, when I want to calm down. The hard-to-describe, herbal scent, really has a relaxing effect on me. Placebo effect? I don't know, but it works...

Lovely fragrance, I use it more in the shower than bath. Gentle and non-irritating.

on 3/1/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this, perfect for pre-bedtime when your muscles are sore & you've just pulled a 12-hour day at work. I use it in the shower (it's too hot in Singapore for baths), but I think it's better for the bath as it doesn't foam up much. It's pricey for a shower gel, but really, I find it hard to begrudge the price for something this wonderful. I do get that I'm paying mostly for the scent, but wow, what a scent it is. It's out of this world - complex, calming, like how a spa would smell. Lovely.

Popular Bath Treatments