CLARINS Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

Filtered by age: 30-35
CLARINS Bain aux Plantes Relax (Relax Bath)

4.7

on 7/23/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

You'll probably gasp at the price but the formula is so concentrated that you only use a tiny amount to lather up, i got some bottles cheaply off e-bay and one 100ml bottle has already has lasted for ages! I am using this in winter and strangely for a gel that foams so much it isn't drying at all, infact it has stopped my dry itchy legs dead in their tracks! The smell is strong and invigorating, i use this in the morning and it wakes me up, if i had a bath i would love to soak in it at the end of the day and indulge in its "relaxing" effects but alas my home is bath free, boo hoo! Just a warning though, once you get used to the fragrance just about every other shower gel you use will smell cheap and nasty and fake compared to this so beware! Another quality Clarins product, so far i've been really impressed with everything i've tried made by these guys.

on 1/15/2008 11:10:00 AM

Not for me but for my fiance! I can only use Dead Sea bath salts as allergic to all others I have tried in Aromatherapy associates etc.

He lucky chap gets a bath run for him most nights and has a selection of bath foams (he is not into oils).

I get him this for present as he always has about 4 other kinds on the go anyway,

This was his favourite until he chanced upon the Champneys range in Sainsburys (UK grocery store). He likes their Oriental bubble float one over this one now and has pushed into second place. He likes the Clarins over the Philosophy ones I got him from QVC (Chocolate, Vanilla cake, Cinnamon buns.)

I would purchase for presents though as a lovely gift.

on 12/24/2006 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The smell takes some getting used to. It has a pine smell to it you just aren't used to smelling in a bath. And I do wish this foamed more in the tub. What I do love about it and what makes me willing to buy it again is how it makes my skin feel. It leaves it super soft. It is super expensive in my opinion, so I use only one cap size per bath.

on 3/1/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this, perfect for pre-bedtime when your muscles are sore & you've just pulled a 12-hour day at work. I use it in the shower (it's too hot in Singapore for baths), but I think it's better for the bath as it doesn't foam up much. It's pricey for a shower gel, but really, I find it hard to begrudge the price for something this wonderful. I do get that I'm paying mostly for the scent, but wow, what a scent it is. It's out of this world - complex, calming, like how a spa would smell. Lovely.

on 5/1/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For a shower gel or a foam bath, this is an expensive product, but for its unique, incredible smell, it is worth every cents, in my humble opinion. I use this product as a shower gel, in the evening, when I want to calm down. The hard-to-describe, herbal scent, really has a relaxing effect on me. Placebo effect? I don't know, but it works...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this smell—not fruity, not flowery, not foody, and not too single-note herbal. I use two capfuls with about two pounds of Epsom salt (which seems to help it foam up more) and a couple of tablespoons of oil. Then I turn on Seinfeld, lie back in the tub, wiggle my toes, and have a good laugh. Not as good as getting a full body massage from George Clooney in a beach cabana with the ocean sounds blowing sheer white curtains through an open window as I sip a mai-tai, but it is a nice way to end the day.

Here’s the list of what’s in it, but before I peeked, I would not have been able to identify any of these. I would have guessed: “uhhh, lavender?” Apparently not.
Hawthorn

Basil

Chamomile

Coconut

Geranium

Bitter orange

Linden

Common valerian

When I figured out that a capful (approx. 5ml) costs about 55 cents I stopped using this as a shower gel. At least in the bath I can enjoy the fragrance for a half-hour or so. Though the expense irritates me, I continue to consider this a necessary purchase. continued >>

Wow, this stuff really works. I love to use it after a stressful day. It has a very unusual scent and does help me relax. It's pretty expensive, so I only use it a couple of times per month.

on 12/3/2002 6:18:00 PM

This bath foam has a very natural and subtle herby floral scent reminiscent of an essential oil blend. Not very foaming, but it does soften the bath water noticeably. It really is 'relaxing' and lovely for a late night bath before bed.

on 2/8/2002 3:19:00 PM

No matter what bath product I stray to (and I like to try 'em out!) I always find myself coming back to this - it smells great, gives lots of bubbles and really does work (maybe the St John's Wort in the formulation helps). Nothing relaxes me more after a long day!

Popular Bath Treatments