mark Toute Sweet Sugar Dipped Lipgloss- Creme Caramel

No Image

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great YLBB lip gloss for me -- it's a beautiful fleshy pink color. It has a pleasantly sweet scent and taste. The texture of this gloss is creamy but not at all tacky. There are a few negatives about this product. The plastic spatula applicator is a bit awkward to use. Also, there is actually very little product in the tube. As another reviewer mentioned, the size of the tube is a bit deceptive. The compartment that holds the lip gloss is actually quite small. I've used this lip gloss 5-6 times and it's already over half gone! However, I would definitely buy this product again, if I can find it. I believe Mark/Avon has discontinued the Toute Sweet line. I believe this lip gloss sold for $6 per tube, which is quite affordable!

on 7/6/2007 6:12:00 PM

I love this gloss! Beautiful scent, sweet and warm. The colour goes on a sheer deliciously coloured pink and is a wonder to use. It can be layered and makes other shades look fab! I adore it! Will repurchase becuase of the colour, lasting power and scent! LOVE IT!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this. I already had it in buttercream and marshmallow, but decided to give the caramel a try...and I am glad that I did. It has the best scent - I like the sweet, caramel-y smell. The texture is nice- very creamy and spreadable. The color is a nice dark natural pink and it looks gorgeous with my light skin and dark hair.

on 10/31/2006 9:35:00 PM

This is a nice plum colour with a decent formula. I will say that I wouldn't expect a plum colour for Creme Caramel, but I'm not the designer. The spatula applicator is a little weird but you get used to it after a while. I will say that these glosses don't have a lot of use out of them, maybe 30-50 uses out of it which can go by pretty quick, but overall it's pretty good for Avon product.

on 3/25/2007 7:22:00 PM

Looove this. Yummy taste, great look, love the applicator. I selected that I would purchase this product again. Too bad that I CAN'T! Avon Canada isn't distributing this anymore.

on 7/27/2006 1:27:00 AM

This gloss is fantastic! It's just the right color for me. It goes well with my pale skin (as many things don't). It smells wonderful also! It's really thick and gooey so it stays on a long time. Some people complained about there not being very much, but I don't see a problem. I want to try more scents!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow, a great super shiny "my lips but so much better" gloss. Has a good staying power. Looks sexy on and makes my lips more plump-looking. I bought 2 more! Tastes good and smells yummy. The applicator is strange, but works.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Toute Sweet Lip Gloss from mark is a sweet lip gloss with a sugary shine and a nice tackiness to it. All of the colors are relatively sheer, but they all have lots of shimmer in them.

I don't feel that you get much gloss in the package, which is strange because other wand glosses from mark (Electrolights, ect) have considerably more product in them than the Toute Sweet. I am also not fond of the odd spatula shaped rubber applicator at the end of the wand. I think that while it makes the gloss apply shiney, it gets all over my face because i cant control where the gloss is going like I can with a brush. Annoying feature!

I have this in Creme Caramel and its definetly my favorite out of the set. The scent is sweet, but warm so its not sickly sweet. Definetly be on a full stomach before using these if youre prone to headaches with scents.

Overall, it's a good product, so i'd repurchase. continued >>

I was a little disappointed in this gloss. There were several things about it I did like-- the smell and taste are yummy, and the color is a really versatile, sheer pinkish neutral that would work on almost everyone. The shine was great-looking, too.

But the "spatula" applicator makes it tough to put on precisely the amount you want to. The texture is stickier than I like (translation: flypaper for hair). And after using it precisely five times, I was pretty surprised to see that the tube was half-empty. The shape of the packaging disguises how little real room is inside for PRODUCT.

I don't mind spending $6 on a lipgloss, but a lipgloss I can only use 10 times? No thanks.
continued >>

on 5/23/2006 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have to say, the previous reviewer sums up my feelings on this product nicely. the color: great- sheer medium-dark neutral pink with shimmer. The price: $6- fine for a lipgloss.... But not a lipgloss you can only apply 10-15 times (if you're lucky). The packaging is really cute, a little clear plastic circular tube with a little pink plastic rose on the top. Creme Caramel smells really yummy, a lot like the toute sweet buttercream body souffle. Sugary, frosting-like, delicious, and has a sweet taste as well. The texture is smooth with a little stick to it, and lasts as long as any lipgloss- the moment you eat something, it's off. If you love this color, but want a different texture (i.e. NOT sticky), try Glow Baby Glow lipgloss in Pink Crush. It is almost the exact same shade, and is minty (not quite as yummy, but what can you do) and smooth, not sticky whatsoever. I wouldn't repurchase Creme Caramel, although I did enjoy it, as it is too little product for way too much money. If the price was much lower, say $2, I'd purchase this over and over again.