Styli-Style L3 Lip Stains in 1405 - Darling

No Image

4.6

Love, love, love this product. The pink is buildable but never looks clownish or garish. Definitely would buy again.

on 9/30/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These stains are awesome for the price. This shade is a coral-pink sort of color, it's a little bright but it looks amazing with my fair, cool-toned skin. It wears for a long time, and isn't as drying as other stains I have used. This is very MLBB for me, I love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So my lip stain finally arrived today after a much awaited 3 WEEK delivery from cherryculture.com.

When ordering this product from the website, it appeared to be a baby pink which I had been searching for in a stain. When arriving, this was a baby pink tube and applicator. When applying, this was a pinky-orange color. It was not the color I was hoping for, but surprisingly flattering therefore I can not complain.

The consistency of the lip product is most definitley a stain (thank god). It is a TAD drying, so I put a little balm over it for a more natural finish. The smell is quite delicious too.

I recommend this for a product that doesnt require touch-ups and is not at all messy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

had bought Stilas version and was disappointed. it just didnt deliver, especially for the $20 price tag. I found these through a seller on amazon and love them. no they dont stay all day, but they go on smoother with more product, and the color is very sheer and flattering but buildable. it wears off evenly and stays on really well if i keep color slicks on over them.
Darling is a pretty baby lip pink. love these, will definately buy again.

on 3/15/2006 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found these in a clearance bucket at the back of one of my local Ulta stores, marked down to $1.99 each. Even though my prior experience with marker-style lip stains (i.e.: Sephora brand, LipInk, the original ones from Stila) have been overwhelmingly bad (too drying to my lips, the tip drying out and not dispensing product evenly, etc.) and until now the only lip stain I would feel comfortable recommending to anyone are the lip/cheek gel stains from Vincent Longo.

Anyway, I couldn't resist that price so I picked up a couple of the Styli-style lip markers in "Hudson" and "Darling," figuring that even if they sucked and I didn't like them, I could always throw them in as a swap extra or pass one along to one of my European pals for whom I perform CPs when they're unable to get a product overseas that I have recommended.

It turns out that I completely LOVE these lip markers, so much so that I plan to go back to that Ulta and clean out their remaining clearance stock! The Hudson shade, which I was most hesitant to purchase as it appeared to closely resemble my beloved VL lip/cheek gel stain in "Liquid Kiss," actually turned out to be a YLBB, reddish berry color for my faintly reddish, pigmented lips and -- as with all lip stains -- the color is buildable simply by adding additional layers.

The Darling shade is a lovely peachy pink, unlike the nearly impossible to wear bubblegum/Barbie pink from VL called "Baby Boo" that only a pre-teen could possibly embrace, and makes a perfect base on which to layer my beloved Smashbox Tinted Lip Treatment in "Smashing Shine" to give me a girly, albeit no fuss, everyday look.

The Ulta clearance bucket also had a color called "Siene" but the container/tube looked scarily chocolate brown to me so I gave it a pass, but I have since discovered that Siene is actually their most neutral lip stain offering in nude. I'll be going back to pick one of them up, too!

As with all lip stains, they can wear off unevenly and leave a bit of a darker colored ring around the perimeter of your lips, and I typically do have to apply them a 2nd time throughout my day, but they definitely provide longer and less maintenance wear than the typical lipstick or gloss.

My other complaint with the previous marker-style lip stains that I've tried is the overly drying formulation, but these Styli-style Lip Markers did NOT leave me with that telltale overly dry, chapped sensation that was a legacy of the Sephora, Urban Decay and Stila versions.

So while I still prefer the tube with doe-foot, sponge-tip applicator from Vincent Longo, I would definitely be able to recommend these Styli-style lip stains to my friends and associates with a clear conscience. I need to go back and check out what other shades might be available, as I'm still on a nearly decade-long quest to locate a peachy/orange (yes, I said "orange!") lip stain. I thought I'd found it in the "01 - Apricot" lip marker from Sephora, but while the color was exactly what I'd been searching for, it was not enough to overcome my previously outlined complaints against that particular type of marker lip stain, so my quest continues.... continued >>