Lumene Premium Beauty - Rejuvenating Lip Care

No Image

1 review

on 3/14/2006 11:38:00 AM

So I've been using this every morning and night for the past two weeks and while I can say that it's a nice lip conditioner/moisturizer, it didn't really do much for me in terms of making my lips fuller. (For the record, I have a small mouth but fairly plump lips, that is when they're not dried up and shriveled--I have a tendency towards extremely chapped lips). This + a touch of Aquaphor keeps my lips moist (hate that word) enough all night that I don't have to immediately apply balm upon waking. I think it may be smoothing out the little lines in my lips (though I don't have any around them, thankfully). The product is a thin, liquidy lotion with a faint herbal scent (which is similar to other Lumene skincare products). It is not too greasy and is not waxy at all--it absorbs fairly quickly with some rubbing, but leaves just enough on lips so that you can feel a bit of slickness when you rub 'em together. No taste (though I try to refrain from licking my lips when I've freshly applied this). I love the packaging--slim, irridescent pump bottle--but I don't love the price (around 30 USD! Although one nice thing about DG items is that you can use stuff like bonus points and coupons for them). I do like this stuff for lip maintenance, though--you only need a little dab (less than one pump) per use and it definitely feels more luxurious/indulgent than rubbing on Vaseline.

According to Lumene's website, "The cream´s effective the [sic] Tri-peptides compound enhances the natural fullness of your lips and smoothes the lines around them. Tested by dermatologist.[sic]" And "The products’ precious natural sea buckthorn oil contains omega fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins that strengthen and renew skin.The Tri-peptides compound helps restore the skin’s elasticity and youthful glow. A- and E-vitamines [sic] stimulates cellular renovation." And, "Sensation on skin after 3 weeks of use: 93% of women felt the plumping effect with more volume (60 women aged 50+ tested the products)"

Popular Lip Treatments