Almay Brow Defining Pencil

Almay Brow Defining Pencil

the pencil, pigment, and lasting power of this pencil is comparable to high end, however the spoolie end of this is shit. i've bought about 5 of these pencils and around halfway through usage of this pencil, the spoolie will fall out of the barrel of the pencil.
so the spoolie brush itself is fine, but it just cant stay attached to the pencil.

there are only 2 shades of this, brunette and blonde, and i like to mix both shades. i dye my hair brown, so i go theough 1 blonde pencil for every 2-3 of the brunette shade

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Yes, this is an awesome brow pencil. I bought this ONLY because of the great reviews here on Makeup Alley and "thank you" to the great people who left a review for this product. I never would have purchased it without Makeup Alley.

This is an automatic pencil so you don't need to sharpen it. It's not dried out like a lot of brow products are and the pencil itself is thin so it allows you to make tiny strokes to fill in the brows. I first fill in my brows with this pencil then I go over the entire brow with some powder from the ELF brow kit and then fill everything in with the wax from the ELF brow kit. The results are PERFECT brows every time. Go buy this pencil and rock those perfect brows all over town!

I'm not sure how much product is in the pencil but I plan to buy several so that I never run out of this great stuff.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

this is the best drugstore brow pencil I've ever used, it only comes in 2 colors though, but I mix both the blond and brunette shade together for the color I like. it stays on all day and the spoolie brush is not too stiff, which I like. I also like that it is an automatic pencil and it has draws super thin to make it look natural. the cap on the spoolie side, however always cracks and slips off, causing me to lose it and have nothing to protect the bristles. it is around $8 but almay is frequently on sale, I hope they never discontinue this.

on 12/11/2015 3:29:00 AM

This is the best brow pencil I've used, hands down. Goes on smooth, with a thin tip so you can do light, feathery strokes. It looks very natural and lasts all day. I don't use a lot of it at a time--I just have a few thin spots in my brows--so one pencil lasts me a while. I would be very sad if this were discontinued!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've been hunting a new eyebrow pencil to call my HG after Annabelle changed their formulation/pigment recently. I had been using Annabelle since I was 14 (now 26) so I am very disappointed to be stuck in a situation now where I cannot find anything as perfect for my brows. This product comes pretty close but unfortunately the color is off (to warm and reddish-I bought the dark blonde) andWhere I shop there seems to be only 2 shades of this-light and very very dark-nothing in between. I can tell it won't last as long because it's a twist pen, not a pencil I can sharpen.
I like the less waxy formulation of this product. It can give a very realistic result if only the color matched. It is on the drier side so a little more pressure is required to get a deep color. The staying power is pretty good and lasts most of the day if you are sure to follow up with a powder over top. The spooly is nice but I prefer my own brush in my set. The price seems cheap but in all reality $7.98 for such a tiny amount of product is pretty ridiculous. I am back on the hunt for something of better color and longevity.
All in all it is pretty great if it can match your brow color. It would work for thick or thin brows, full or sparse, and definitely to fill areas if required. So if you are lucky enough to find a match and don't mind running to the store and paying $6-$10 every week or two, this product might be for you. Otherwise avoid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This Almay Brow Pencil in 801 is a total dupe of Mac Fling eye brow pencil and it only costs $6! I went and bought 3 of them because it is soo good and it will save me money on having to buy the mac one for awhile. Perfection!

on 3/9/2015 12:46:00 AM

just picked it up today and tried it out when I got home. super thin pencil, IMO a bit hard to grip, but this is a good brow pencil. I love how it is brown b/c I have dark semi-full brows, if that makes sense. it softens the look without being too light. packing comes with the wand detached, and crayon is twist up. product is easy to use and is pretty cheap, and I hope it never gets discontinued

This is one of the best drugstore brow pencil I have come across, easy, precise and matches my natural ashy brown brows. If used with small feathery strokes, your brows will look perfectly groomed without overpowering the rest of your face. I will definitely buy more backups of this stuff. Please Almay, don't discontinue this! ( I'm rarely impressed with brow products!, but this is my HG)

on 11/28/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

In my opinion this pencil is an exact dupe for Maybelline Define a brow in Dark brown, The waxy texture is the same, the natural black brow color is the same also the price is the same. Hopefully Almay doesn't discontinue this product because I can't afford to spend 16 dollars on a Mac eyebrow pencil.

Definitely my fave brow product. The spooly on the end is amazing! It distributes the product very well. The pencil itself has a waxy consistency, so I have no need for brow gel afterward. It doesn't make my brows feel crunchy, but rather very natural. When you fill in your brows with this product, it gives the "I just got my eyebrows threaded" look. Absolutely flawless! Currently on my second pencil of this product, and I will continue to buy it until they discontinue it!

Popular Brows Products