Almay Make up remover towelettes

Almay Make up remover towelettes
Make up remover towelettesMake up remover towelettes

3.3

on 2/28/2017 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i picked both purple and green wipes for dollar each with cpns.Both leave a burning sensation on my face with the purple faster than the green wipes.
Initially i thought may be because i was wiping too hard or doing something wrong.
But after using both a couple of times,it is indeed the wipes.the burning sensation starts within a minute and i wash my face with cold water.They also tend to leave a thin white film .

on 11/6/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like these! I use estee lauder double wear foundation and these wipes TAKE IT OFF! And they clean my mascara, liner and lipstick off as well. These have an odd smell...not bad just odd but they work and I keep repurchasing them!

on 10/31/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a terrible habit of getting home late and not washing my face with a full pancake face full of makeup. My esthetician suggested putting some makeup wipes by my bed. Now as I have these in my makeup basket and wipe my face when I brush my teeth before bed. Makeup wipes can't get your skin as clean as traditional washing, but they help. These are non greasy, nor irritating on my skin. I've already repurchased and will continue using them.

I love these. I have sensitive skin and have had a hard time finding a wipe that actually takes off make-up and isn't irritatating. These are convenient and inexpensive, and work great with my clinique 3 step. Would absolutely buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am not a makeup remover wipe kind of person (I typically remove my makeup with cleansing oil) but I wanted something quick and mess-free that I could keep in my bag to use to remove my makeup for the gym. For the most part, these towelettes did remove my makeup (save for a bit of stubborn mascara/eyeliner from under my eyes, which I had to go over two or three times to really remove) but I do not recommend these if you have sensitive eyes. I do not and these still made my eyes sting horribly. I mean, I had tears rolling down my cheeks, that's how terrible they were. I ever had to check the package to make sure they were safe for eyes, and apparently, they are.

They also made my face feel sticky (I always rinsed my face afterwards) and I didn't like the perfume-y smell. They're also not as wet as I'd hope they'd be.

on 8/1/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Removed makeup well, however stung my eyes for about 30 seconds after use. I've used the eye makeup removers in the purple oil-free packaging since I started using mascara at age 13. Now I'm 25 and still love those eye makeup removers, so I got excited when I saw the face wipes. I don't understand why the face wipes would sting the eyes when the eye makeup remover pads do not. Disappointing. Will use up the pack but not repurchase. Plus the scent is not good- try the PONDS wipes- truly HG especially the purple soothing ones.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

These are my favorite make-up removing wipes. I don't know what's up with all the bad reviews, I find that all the other wipes on the market are either too oily or too damn dry to wipe anything off. These are perfect. <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

PURPLE PACKAGE product review: (I think they may have re-worked this product?)

I have very sensitive skin. I think they are quite gentle, and I haven't noticed any dryness or reactions from them. I always rinse my face after using. (they say you don't, but I still do)

Overall I am satisfied with these. (I did pick them up for under a dollar with a coupon) In comparison to the maybelline towelettes, these are much less saturated with product. Although they are a bit dryer, they remove my makeup fully.
I do think the maybelline wipes leave more of a film on your skin, and I do not feel that what I use these. My face feels clean, soft, and not dried out after use.

On a full face, heavy application day, I will grab my maybelline wipes, but for everyday face makeup, this work really nice for me. Mascara comes right off, even with only a couple of swipes. (big plus, because I hate rubbing my eyes over and over to remove makeup)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I literally just used this product about five minutes ago to remove my foundation and "it felt like I was being slapped in the face with fire"- Bethany Mota. It removed the foundation but it burned my face and I have no sun burns or open wounds on my face and my skin isn't even sensitive.

on 9/21/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The purple package is the newest package they come in. They actually work really good. The smell is a bit strange. I don't know. I'm on the fence about these, the Neutrogena ones were horrible (smell wise) gag. These ones are kinda strange smelling, not bad, but not very pleasant. It smells a little like plastic. My eyes are very sensitive and they irritate them. I'll come back in a couple of days and add more to this review if it changes. I really did like the Neutrogena ones and they didn't irritate me at all, just that awful smell. Since they don't seem to be that eye friendly to me, I think I'm going to try something else. It isn't a burn, but it definitely is irritation.