Aesop Marrakech

Aesop Marrakech

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of oriental, spicy fragrances and this one does not disappoint. I absolutely love how warm and original it is. However staying power is very disappointing, especially for the price one has to pay. It lasts on me up to an hour max.

The idea that you splash the EDT straight from the bottle is a nice one in principle but in practice I have reused a spray pump from a perfume bottle I've had laying around at home and I am much more happy with that solution. Otherwise I have impression that the fragrance would just turn bad or became even more delicate on a steady contact with air.

There was a 10 ml roll on EDP available but I somehow preferred this version. I've bought 50 ml because 100 ml was not available in the shop in Soho I've visited and I did not have time to nip down to Covent Garden one. I'm actually glad I did buy 50 ml only as I will not be buying this fragrance again but I will use up my bottle with pleasure.

on 10/25/2012 7:57:00 AM

Bought a 50ml bottle in the UK for 53GBP. Did not test before buying. Immediately upon application reminds me of Shiseido's Feminite Du Bois. But only for a few seconds. It is pure cardamon on me after that. Having used Marrakech for a week, I cannot say whether I like it or not. It is a very simple perfume, it disappears pretty quickly. I only put a drop on my wrists otherwise it is too strong for me and causes a headache. The price is definitely too high.

on 6/28/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the concentrated balm version of this fragrance. I love light perfumes and was looking for a day-time fragrance. With all the spice notes in it, the ylang ylang (cananga odorata) and jasmine in it come out most on my skin. I supposed I'm lucky. So the fragrance is warm, spiced floral on me, which I love.

I was told by the very helpful SA that the balm gives more sensual delivery. It's rounder and you don't need to wait for the alcohol to evaporate to actually smell it.

I bought this during the Australian winter so the light but warm fragrance is suitable. I feel much better after applying it. Will definitely repurchase :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I preface this review by saying that fragrance is a very personal preference and that tastes can vary vastly. In my humble opinion, this perfume is vile. I can see what Aesop is trying to achieve here, but maybe the formula needs to be tweaked a bit. I put it on at the Aesop counter and immediately wanted to wash it off. I didn't, so I could see how it wore and the awful smell bothered me for hours. Fortunately, its lasting power is very poor and it wore off very quickly, leaving only a feint smell on my wrist. Definitely not my bag!

on 4/2/2006 9:15:00 AM

Love this - which means I'm a cardamom fan according to previous reviewer! In fact I find its woody oriental scent very relaxing. However, I didn't get one nor ever plan to get one because it will cost an arm & maybe a leg too. Retails in Singapore for S$159, cheaper down under at A$90 considering the current weak aussie dollar. But Aesop doesn't deliver outside of the Pacific. Too bad :(

on 3/11/2006 5:22:00 PM

Certainly not for the light-hearted. This is a very strong spicy perfume (cardamom), almost suffocating. I can only see it appealing to serious cardamom fans. Outrageously overpriced for what it is. It can be found at Colette in Paris for 80 EUR, the roll-on is a 10 ml one.

Popular Fragrances