4.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

15 days ago

Again another nars shadow that doesnt go on like the color shown. Dark purple/plum in container but comes off almost dusty pink on my lids

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

5 years ago

I used to see pics of celebs wearing smoked up purpley-browny eyes and wonder wtf it was. This eyeshadow for some reason is easy to control as you blend. Many dark eyeshadows make a huge mess and go everywhere. I have to load the brush quite a lot to build it up. But I do love the look. It can be layered less for the daytime / applied wet for liner and wet on lids for more intensity. It has some flecks of shimmer in the pan that are not super intense on application. Nice overall color but one that I will get bored with if I rely on it too often.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

The texture is soft and pigmentation is good with a single pass, but you can also build the color with additional applications. NARS describes Ondine as "plum with shimmer." It is not bold, but nonetheless a pretty shadow. However, I did have to work with NARS Ondine to find the best looks for me. If I wear Ondine on my eyelids, over only NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, it looks muddy and makes me look tired. Not a desirable look at all! Nonetheless, after some work, I found three ways to wear Ondine. (1) Ondine on the lid, over a wash of NARS Pearl Beach cream eye shadow. (2) MAC Dazzlelight eye shadow on the lid below the crease; Ondine in the crease; a mix of MAC Blackberry and MAC Shadowy Lady eye shadows to deepen the crease (optional); and MAC Vanilla eye shadow to blend and highlight. (3) NARS Nymphea eye shadow on the lid below the crease; Ondine in the crease; either a mix of MAC Blackberry and MAC Shadowy Lady eye shadows to deepen the crease or NARS New York eye shadow to deepen the crease (optional); and MAC Pink Opal to blend and highlight. The second and third options are my favorite looks. I feel as though these looks bring out more of the plum in Ondine and eliminate any muddiness. I included a photo to comparing Ondine to other eye shadows. (All of these eye shadows have been swatched over bare skin.) From left to right, the eye shadows are: (1) MAC Illegal Cargo (lighter and more purple than Ondine); (2) MAC Shale (grayer than Ondine); (3) NARS Ondine; (4) NARS Ashes to Ashes (browner, with a hint of violet); and (5) NARS Lhasa.(lavendar gray, most similar to MAC Shale). I also included a photo demonstrating how Ondine looks (from left to right): (1) NARS Ondine over MAC Painterly; (2) NARS Ondine on bare skin; and (3) NARS Ondine over NARS Pearl Beach Cream Eye Shadow. Would I buy Ondine again? Yes, I would. However, I don't anticipate running out anytime soon. After two years, the eye shadow does have a noticeable dent in it, but I still have a lot left.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

6 years ago

guzel ama sanki biraz kullandikca taslasti

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Love the color! It is a purplish taupey color with gold flecks. It does have a lot of fall out though, so be sure to tap off your brush before applying. I use this for my lower lash line and it just makes my brown eyes POP!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Other

8 years ago

In the pan I absolutely love this...on my eyes, I only kind of love it. It's weird because swatched it's lovely--kind of purpley/brown with faint gold glitters--but on my eye the glitters reflect almost a reddish hue that makes the shadow look more reddish purple (if that makes any sense?) It still looks good, but it's not what I was looking for when I bought this. But, in keeping with tradition, I've never had a bad experience with Nars shadows. Ondine has the same amazing color payoff, texture and lasting power as all of the others, which is why it still gets a 4/5, even if the color does show up weird on me.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

Ondine is an amazing color. I love the way it shows up on my NW45 skin. It's hard to pinpoint what color it is.. purple, brown..

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

8 years ago

This looks awfully like Ashes to Ashes (which I've been lusting after for some time), also touted as a purplish brown. How do they differ? I would really appreciate your views, ladies.

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

9 years ago

I wish this would be a little more pigmented and a little less expensive, but overall I really like this eyeshadow. I have nothing like it on my collection: it's a taupy brown with fine microglitter that looks awesome over constructivist paint pot from mac, for a very subtle brown smoky eye.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

9 years ago

I'm pretty fair, but even on me, this purple brown is kind of too muddy to make that much of a difference to contour eyeshadow when it's straight from the pan. It's good if you wet a soft liner brush and use it along the lashline, but then you gotta be careful how you pick out the colours or else you look really tired for the rest of the day and have your co-workers ask you why didn't get enough sleep last night. :S

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Cool