4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

When I was an acne prone college student, I used to use the Body Shop tea tree oil range but it did nothing for me. Cut to being 41 and as of 6 months ago I still got acne on the regular. The only thing that stopped it on my face was a salicylic acid product. However I still get it on my back and even my ears so I have started using tea tree oil on these areas as a preventive measure. I mix a few drops with an expensive facewash and rub it on these areas, then rinse off. Another place I use it is my scalp where I not only get acne but sometimes unbearable itchiness which I can only assume is due to product build-up. I mix it with a mild shampoo and massage my scalp. I also use it when I'm oiling my scalp (its something we Indians do once a week where we massage oil - mostly coconut - into the scalp and leave overnight, then shampoo the next day). I mix a few drops of tea tree oil with coconut and castor to keep my scalp from getting clogged. Works well! My scalp never feels itchy. The smell of course is like disinfectant but it doesn't bother me too much.

About reviewer (199 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark

HairBlack

2 years ago

i love tea tree oil and always have some on hand. it's so easy to add to cleansers or facial sprays, and for a long time i even used it undiluted as a toner to remove oil from my face. i never noticed it do much in the way of reducing my oil production, but it did have a mild positive impact when i applied it directly to breakouts. i have been on two courses of accutane in the past couple of years so i haven't used this in a while, but i did used to be a big fan of it. quick note, just a friendly reminder to anyone with pets in the house - tea tree oil is toxic to cats and dogs in high enough amounts. i have a 1.5 year old cat who will play with absolutely anything small and smooth enough to bat around on the hardwood floor. be sure to store any tto you have at home as securely as possible to ensure ur lil buds can't hurt themselves while playing unsupervised.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

Tea tree oil is very strong in fighting against bacteria because it has strong antibacterials. To use it bare, you can plunge a cotton piece into the oil then place it on the affected skin. ITS VERY STRONG THOUGH - and I have sensitive skin. I like Tea Tree oil mixed in other products. Citrus Clear products use Tea Tree Oil, and I found that the Citrus Clear products worked better than just using plain tea tree oil. Especially cause my skin is so sensitive. No breakouts since I started that routine.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0

4 years ago

this works nicely as a desinfectant and it is successful in reducing the size of pimples. It smells disgustingly , though.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

4 years ago

Looks like I'm in the minority ... tea tree oil caused painful cystic acne for me. At first I thought it was clearing up the acne that was below the surface, just bringing them out and clearing the pores. So I kept using the oil and every day it got worse. So I stopped and low and behold the cystic acne stopped. I let the acne heal, and tried again. And again painful, deep cystic acne. Now I must not be too bright because I repeated this pattern a few times. I was stubborn and wanted the amazing results everyone else got with tea tree oil. Finally my daughter looked at me and told me I was being silly. Tea tree oil was never going to work for me - in fact it worked against me - and I put it away and haven't used it again.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairRed

4 years ago

I have been using 100% Tea Tree Oil for years for cuts and scrapes and even toenail fungus. Works incredibly well. I also drop some in shoes or in my household cleaner. I always have had a bottle in my cabinet. In the last two years, I have used it as a natural replacement for Benzoyl Peroxide with respect to clearing acne and pimples. My search is to replace nasty chemical products with natural ones that are safe for me and the planet. Properties::: Antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, fungicide, and insecticide The more I use this, the more consistent my results with clear skin. It is VERY concentrated. I buy 100% pure Tea Tree Oil. You should mix it with a single drop of pure (and ideally organic) carrier oil like almond or jojoba OR aloe vera. In my homemade toner, I will add some drops along with lavender and geranium for a wonderful refreshing misting toner for face, chest and back. I do use it undiluted (strong and stings though... be warned) as a drop on a q-tip and rubbed into the skin directly on the pimple. VERY potent and can easily over dry skin... use with caution. Yes it is smelly/medicinal but fades quickly. I see a remarkable difference the next day- less redness, reduced size, overall faster healing. One thing is certain: The KINDER I am to my skin with natural products, the more it responds with clarity, glow and freshness. I also ensure to drink good water and enough of it, eat well and get a little sun and exercise DAILY... inside and outside.... the whole physical body. I am two years into more natural skincare and still experimenting. The natural stuff works. :-)

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I bought a 10ml bottle of tea tree oil like more than 3months ago. I dont remember the price exactly cuz i bought it with few other oils. But it wasnt that expensive anyways, 3 dollars max. Its weird how i didnt use it till yesterday (well i used it for my hair once). I mixed a bit of green clay with few drops and massaged it well on my face, neck and chest. I continued my shower then rinsed off. I had few pimples due to changing my cleanser to avene one (which isnt so strong for pimples cuz it doesnt have salicylic acid). And OMG , it dried them right away !!!!!!! It was stupid not to figure out how awesome it is till now !!! Ill be using it 1-3 times a week and maybe more. I dont recommend using it with olive oil or such a heavy oil, unless u have suuuuper dry skin. Mine is oily and it has done wonders with clay. The smell is quite strong and i really dont like it :/ But as long as it helps i dont mind :3

About reviewer (28 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

5 years ago

I bought the generic CVS bottle of Tea Tree Oil. Small glass bottle, 1 oz. for $10. I read on the boards that Tea Tree Oil may combat cystic acne blemishes and saw positive reviews here. I was desperate and decided to give it a last ditch effort before I called my derm for a cortisone shot (which I had never done before either). My experience with the Tea Tree Oil was that it did nothing to/for that cystic blemish. Didn't dry it out, make it come to a head, reduce inflammation, anything. It also didn't ruin the healthy skin around it, thankfully - but basically it was useless. I tried it on lesser, "normal"/small blemishes too, to no avail. The liquid was not sticky or slippery and once it dried I could put makeup over it. However the smell was horribly strong and lingered terribly. It's an earthy/herbal scent that is overpowering and just will not go away. Even just having opened the bottle in my bathroom made my bathroom smell strongly of the oil for the rest of and the next day. I couldn't take it, and it wasn't worth it anyway for the non-results.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I had a pimple and someone told me that Tea Tree oil could be used to help acne. I mixed some drops of Tea Tree oil with olive oil and applied it on my pimple. My pimple was gone the next day!!!The best thing about it is that it's natural and works much better than every acne product I tried. I'll definitely be using this in the future.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

This is my absolute HOLY GRAIL , i mix this in my moisturizer and apply this on my pimples , and it helps my skins tonsssss , I had this HUGE pimple last week and ive stopped using tea tree oil for like a year now so when I got really frustrated , I rushed into the store and bought it and now my skin has gotten so much better , this is friggin AMAZING . lurvvv it

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18