MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown age: 19-24

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have tried this foundation twice on my face and no able to write an clear review. I love it. I have extremely oily skin and this is perfect. I use Revlon Colorstay before but it's thickness was too much for my skin. So I tried a sample of the the Studio Fix. I Love It. All I need is a one pump and covers my whole face with all my acne scars. It lasts all day over 8 hours with very minimal shine on my nose. Did NOT break me out either

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been wearing this foundation for over 5 years now and it's my favorite. I wear it on a daily basis and one bottle lasts me 2-3 months. The coverage can be built up to you liking, I usually do 1-1.5 pumps and apply it with my fingers and then buff it out with a kabuki brush. This foundation provides a very smooth and full coverage so a little goes a very long way. I wear NW 35 in the summer and NW 30 in the winter. I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin so I don't find that this foundation acts like a irritant on my skin- however my sister had a opposite experience. My sister, who is prone to acne break outs, completely hated this product because it did cause her to break out severely. If you have sensitive skin then this foundation may not be for you.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great for oily skin with blemishes, scars or pimples to cover ! My Gil grail foundation at the moment and does not break me out if I wash it off properly :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm a fan of this foundation. I have this in the shade NC45, and I never have purchased the pump that is sold separately for this because I honestly can't be bothered. I apply this with a beauty blender, and it provides me with medium coverage. I tend to mix it with L'Oreal's True Match (Creme Cafe) foundation so I can get a better colour match. After application, my skin looks immaculate. I may have to go in afterwards with concealer to cover my acne scarring, but it's very little. My only issue with this is, if I don't use a good primer with this, my T-Zone gets hella shiny after a few hours. However, I've been using this since I was 17, and it has always been one of my top choices.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I've been using it for about four years now because it goes with my skin. I have oily, acne prone skin, so finding a foundation that doesn't break me out was tough; although the price might not be in the range for many people;I highly recommend it because of the great quality! Plus the SPF is a bonus.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've never been a fan of MAC due to the fact that the studio fix powder always broke me out after a day. After watching many YouTube videos I decided to give the Mac studio Fix fluid a try. I'm in the shade Nc45 which is a perfect match. At first I thought this would break me out too but surprisingly is works great with my skin. It has great coverage and it's easy to blend. I found that it works best when applied with my fingers in a swiping motion. The only negatives it that it doesn't come with a pump and it could be a little more creamier. Overall I'm happy with this foundation. P.s. I've been using this foundation for just over a month.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This is my standard basic liquid foundation. I benchmark with it and like that it is widely available. I find that the formula is light and long wearing. My T-zone gets shiny but it's nothing major that a good primer and/or setting powder cannot handle.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I've been using this foundation with my beauty blender for quite some time. When I first began using it I had normal/combination skin and it worked quite well-It was my HG foundation! Unfortunately, my skin has started to become dry because of the dermatologist prescribed topical meds that I have been using and this foundation is a disaster for me now! No matter how much I exfoliate, moisturize, and prime beforehand this foundation always looks too cakey and noticeable. I would say give it a go if you want full coverage and have normal-oily skin, but stay away if your skin is dry! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It is so darn expensive but it provides full coverage and it 1 bottle lasts me quite a while. Downside, no pump and smells like paint. Wouldn't recommend it to people who is not used to wearing foundation because it is very thick. I usually mix it with moisturizer to thin it out.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have two bottles of MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in shade NC45. I'm thinking of switching to NW40 though since I'm a different undertone than I was color-matched to; I need an orange, orange-red, or pink undertone. Basically, I suspect their makeup artists will match anyone with brown/black skin that's not very dark to NC45… that's the default of one shade fits all shade a lot of artists will say you are if you're black. In my opinion, NW40 is similar in color, but darker orange, which I need.

Color confusion aside, my relationship with this foundation is definitely a love-hate one. I wear this frequently though it is not one of my favorites. This foundation's formula is oil-controlling & I've read & heard people say it is one of the best for oily skin, but I wasn't impressed with the wear time at all. I was (really) shiny in a matter of hours despite both priming & setting my makeup. I just deal with it because it offers a full coverage. It does a good job of covering discoloration & acne scars even if I don't use a concealer.

I apply this with a beauty blender I dampen with Fix+. It blends easily & looks smooth. The matte finish is nice, but it just isn't as matte as I'd like. Again, with my skin type, I have gotten nit-picky when it comes to "matte." It does oxidize a little darker with the passing of time & because NC45 is too yellow, I don't mind the color change. My face is red & I need it...
In regards to the packaging, I have only complaint: there's no pump. Because it doesn't have one, product gets all over the inside of the lid & around the top of the bottle. Don't worry though! MAC finds it totally cool to sell one separately for $9. Yes, the pump that should be provided is a third of what the foundation itself costs. Fix Fluid is way too thick for there to be no pump. I decided I'm going to keep using Studio Fix & just wear it on days I'm not going to be out long.

The first time I wore it I actually received two compliments, so I'm going to experiment & see if trying different primers, setting sprays, powders, etc. will help improve the wearing time.

October 1, 2014 update: unfortunately, after nearly a year of wearing this, it started to break me out; I didn't wear makeup during the summer & I think my skin is readjusting to liquid makeup