MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

3.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use NC50. You can use it on top of moisturizer for a less heavy look and for more coverage, apply thickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I really like this foundation and would definitely repurchase if my current runs out....which won't be for a while since I have a few other foundations I am currently using.

I think this is reasonably priced, at (I think) £22.00 in the UK and for the amount you get too, is worth the price. I also think there's a variety of colour options which is always quite good as you can either go a shade lighter or darker depending on season. This has been my go to foundation for the longest time and contrary to most reviews, have not broken out at all due to using this. I apply this foundation using Real Techniques buffing brush or the Elf studio powder brush and it glides on like a dream. I get full coverage from just one coat of this but that's probably also due to using a corrector and concealer underneath which cover most of my acne scars. My foundation tends to last all day and doesn't oxidise......but could also be as a result of setting sprays! I'm an NW45 in this for reference and my skin is combination that is prone to acne!

Overall, I would repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Love this foundation it applies smoothly and doesn't take no more than one or two pumps to do it's job (my opinion). It's buildable which is a good thing for those needing to hide minor discoloration on their skin. I use the mac flat top brush and either stipple it in or brush it in in circular motions. It should come with a pump though instead of having to buy one separately. It hasn't oxidized on me like I've read others having, the smell also doesn't phase me once on the face it's gone. I tried matchmaster at first and was matched to a 7.5 i believe but it was too orange on my skin so i returned it and went back to my studio fix fluid. I set this foundation with mac mineralize skinfinish natural dark deep then fix plus spray and I'm set to go ( not a fan of packing on a lot of makeup i ain't got time for all of that). Notice a lot of people does get matched wrong since a lot of makeup SA seems to forget there is a nw 47 shade not everyone is a nw45 smh .I'm a nw 47 by the way

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great product for me although there are some annoyances with it. The packaging is cute, the tiny box it comes in, but the actual bottle does not have a pump which is annoying because I waste product and it's pretty unsanitary. The foundation is a but pricey, at $27 a pop, but if it isn't a big deal for you then go for it. The product itself is a thick product maybe the consistency of maple syrup. It doesn't give you a cake face as many people say, you just have to BLEND!!! It doesn't give me a mask looking face at all. It I very full covers so great for scars and things. It gives a matte finish, but not too much a matte finish, it doesn't dry the skin either. It has great lasting power, I would say about 8 hours without powder and 11 with powder. The product photographs well even with flash. This product has never broken me out and I do have very sensitive skin, it may just be a matter of washing your face correctly. Thin foundation also NEVER oxidizes on my skin, which is wonderful because I hate putting on a foundation and 2 hours later looking 3 shades darker than my color. The product to me smells great also, somewhat of a cocoa smell. I would have given this product 5 lippies, but the packaging and price made me drop t a few points. Overall it's a great product if you're willing to pay the $27 and buy a pump for $9

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation gets alot of heat because people say MAC makeup breaks them out, but I haven't had that experience at all. I LOVE this foundation, like its HG status for me. The coverage is amazing and I love MAC color matching system for my skin and undertones. I cannot be without this foundation especially for a night out, but in my opinion, it is too heavy for day time wear. I wear this when I have an event to attend where I know I will be taking pictures and need that flawless finish.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have not used a MAC foundation in over 15 years and when I did it was the Studio Fix powder as my skin as a 20-something "youngin" was terribly oily. Now that I'm a woman of "certain" age, my skin is somewhat dry and liquid foundation is a must. The search has been long and frustrating - MUFE's HD Foundation (overpriced), Sephora (bad/no coverage), Lancome (gave me a HUGE zit on my cheek! Why is this $45.50???) and last but not least, Estee Lauder (a very close #2, but pricy). Now enter Liquid MAC Studio Fix Fluid (score!)

Doesn't oxidize

I've been wearing this for a week and I love it! Finish is medium to full and buildable that gives you a flawless look. Note I said "flawless" and not "natural". If you're looking for "natural" this is not the foundation for you.

It lasts a full 8 hour day. With the exception of a slightly shiny nose, no touch up needed

Doesn't cake and doesn't transfer everywhere like most drugstore foundations (you know where that $27.00 is going) In short, this is great foundation.

Two things kept me from giving this the elusive 5 lippies.

MAC! Y'all charging folks $10 for a PUMP???? C'mon! :(

The smell of this foundation is ATROCIOUS!!! What's that all about? The only thing that makes the smell tolerable is that it doesn't last all day but good GAWD, it's bad.

Will I call this foundation the Holy Grail? Not right now. But I will see as time goes on. But, if you're like me and have been using drugstore foundation for ages and are finally looking for an upgrade, give this one a try

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation, the first time i tried this product it seemed flawless and even though i did wear it for the whole day, It wasn't too oily, more of a dewy look which i didn't mind (even though I'm an oily gal) . NC50 matches me perfectly as I do have strong yellow undertones, however my chin area is a tad bit dark so I colour correct and put the foundation over it, after a while it starts separating and looking a little off which annoyed me. It doesn't come with a pump which is a big let down, and also it tends to oxidise a bit, but not too much like other brands. Im still on the hunt for a more natural foundation that I could wear everyday, since the studio fix looks a bit too cakey for my liking. All i need is to even my skin since I don't really have any pimples or scarring, but for this of you that are masking allot of imperfections, this foundation might be right for you as it is full coverage to me, also I heard the kat von D foundation is really good at masking all kinds of imperfections, hopefully i'll find my HD foundation but this is not it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I thank GOD for honest sales reps. I originally purchased this product at Dillard's in the mall. I've tried two different colors, NW48 and 45. The reason for the darker to lighter shade is because the rep was honest enough to tell me that it oxidize, of course I found this out when using the NW48. So, I tried a few shades lighter hoping it would oxizide to a matchable color. To my disappointment, it did not. The coverage was great, but as for supressing oil, I didn't feel as though it held up too well. It's buildable foundation that goes on fairly smooth. Most of all, I didn't feel as though I was wearing make up at all. When I took the foundation back, she asked if I wanted to try another color, but I bowed out gracefully on her offer. I've tried this one, Longwear, and MatchMaster and got the same disappointing results. In fact, I can't remember which one, but one of them made me itch a lot and another heavily transfered. I thought the price was pretty decent ($28) for this partiular one, but after ringing it up, I was told that a pump didn't come with it as asked if I wanted to purchase one for $10 more. Wow! Really? As much as I've heard people rave about Mac foundation, I sorry, but I'm just not a fan.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

If you have oily skin and prone to acne please put this in the bin. It is far too greasy for my skin anyway and I struggled with spots for years before I realised that this didn't help. It didn't even make me look any better, I just looked like I wore tons of makeup!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I gave 3 lippies because of its pigment and staying power. I will buy again for a friend.

Mac studio fix fluid in NW45 foundation irritated my acne prone skin and to make matters worse, I have been mismatch by the makeup artist. The inexperience makeup artist would automatically match people with dark skin to NW45.

Being a dark skin female with strong yellow undertones, I have struggled immensely to find a foundation to match my skin tone. I remembered going to 'Harvey Nichols' in the U.K and the makeup artist matched me with NW45. What a mess that was. At the time the lighting was deceiving and my face looked fine, however on exiting the store, people were looking at me suspiciously. As I walked passed a store with reflective glass, I saw my face for the first time in natural lighting and I couldnt believe it was an image of me. Normally, I would be laughing at girls wearing the wrong shade of makeup, but on this given day it was my turn to be laughed at. I looked like something from a distant planet. My face was red and my neck and chest were yellowish. Thankfully it was chilly on that day so in order to disguise my appearance, I purchased a scarf to hide my neck and a knitted beanie hat to hide as much of my face as possible, lol.
I now use Nars Sheer Matte foundation, in Macao. I must admit that I really like this foundation though it might be a little to reddish for me. But I have come to learn that if I apply a sparing amount the reddish bit would be dramatically reduce. Thus far, it is doing really well on my acne prone skin. However to all acne sufferers, what has worked for me is washing my face with an acne cleanser, then having a light 3-5 minutes facial steam (nightly) , followed by applying acne spot cream or ointment on the pimple, prior to going to bed.

Everybodys skin is different and would respond differently to foundations and acne treatment. However for me, Mac studio fix fluid in NW45 didnt agree with my skin and the above acne treatment has rid of my acne. I am in the process of getting rid of my scars.
BUT YOU NEED TO BE DEDICATED AND LIGHTLY STEAM YOUR FACE AFTER WASHING OFF YOUR ANY FOUNDATION/MAKEUP, THEN APPLY THE CREAM OR OINTMENT TO THE PIMPLE/S. PUSTULES BUMPS WOULD TAKE A LONGER TIME TO GET RID OF AS IT FIRST NEEDS TO COME TO A HEAD.

GOT ATLEAST 8 HOURS SLEEP AND YOU SHOULD SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR SKIN.