MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 36-43

2.3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am 42 years old with an all over oily skin and large pores around the nose area. The central part of my face has a red tint to it too and my face is darker them my neck/chest. I have watery sensitive eyes.

See the drama?

I started using makeup two years ago and bought this foundation first. Love it. It goes on with great coverage and after I set it with my setting powder (100% silica of the Brazilian makeup brand Dailus) it pratically lasts me for 6 to 7 hours. After this some shine appears. However, I can't use it outside alone. I actually mix it with MUFE 128 (Y415, half in half). I am planning to buy it in NC44 and NW30 to mix so that i'll have only SFF.

Took one star for two reasons: 1) The color does oxidize. 2) The woman in the MAC store in the Airport of Brasilia was not too friendly.

Although there was nobody in the store at the time, the woman didn't want to show me around for the available options and I had time to do it. I told her I was interested in the Studio Fix, but I didn't have that much experience with makeup so she could show me other options for my oily skin.

Obs.: Studio Fix liquid is not for the naked dry skin. In any case, moisturize is needed. Prepare your skin really well. Otherwise it will be cakey and show pores.

At the time, I also didn't know of the whole black woman x NC45. She, a BLACK WOMAN, gave me studio fix NC45 and that was that. Get going!

Unfortunately, at the store it was ok and some minutes latter I removed the spot where I applied it to travel. When I applied it at home to really test it, my face turned orange.... as in oraaaaaaaaaange. So, NC45 I'm not.

Update 02.09.2017: i was using SFF nc45 mixed with mufe hd ultra y415/128. Both ended, so I bought nc44, which was my first bet back in the day.

Wow, the color is a little more yellow than needed, but it oxidizes in moments to my face color (kind of matchmaster 😁😁). I believe my face is in more of a neutral yellow side compared to my totally chest, but i prefer to use a yellowish foundation to reduce this difference.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is by no means a bad product. At least, Mac knows what real skin looks like, and there is no way you won't find a shade to match your skin! However, beware: NC35 of ProLongwer does not look the same with NC35 of Studio Fix as I found out. To me, the ProLongwer looks way more flattering/yallow based.
Staying power is OK but not what I expected. I actually have to use powder after 3-4 hours, while, quite frankly, I hardly use any when I use the ELDW... The other annoying thing is that it tends to sit on pores like hell and make them look larger (and mine are huge anyway, they don't exactly need a foundation to make them more visible!) To be honest, this really put me off this foundation for good. I prefer the ProLongwer (which also seems to last more than Studio Fix) though the Studio Fix has better coverage than the Prolongwer. It's a shame really! I really-really wanted to love this foundation. Oh, and what's this thing with the pump being sold separately? Honestly! At 2014 there are still foundations in bottles sold without a pump! (and I am looking at you too ELDW!! It's not just good changing formulations and shades, do something about packaging as well!)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** MAC PRODUCTS ARE TESTED ON ANIMALS **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

For reference, I am MAC NC25 / NC30 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

BEFORE: As my skin is dry, I apply a facial oil (my own blend), followed by tinted moisturiser with SPF and primer before applying foundation. Studio Fix is kind of dry & heavy and I would look like the mummified creature from the crypt if I didn't use moisturiser etc beforehand (this was also the case with Revlon ColorStay which I used before switching to MAC).

AFTER: This leaves a slightly dewey finish which I would counteract with a very light dusting of translucent powder to seal it off. Anything beyond a light dusting would give the 'chalky dusty old grandma effect', which I'm not overly fond of.

QUALITY: Excellent! Full coverage, I never needed to use concealer and I have minor acne scarring/redness. Tendency to cake if applied too heavily. In summer, 10-15 minutes outside when it's uber-sweatsville will wreak havoc on any attempts at a flawless finish. In normal weather, the staying power is exceptional.

RE-PURCHASE? Sadly, no. I won't be buying MAC again until they stop testing on animals. Also, after 2 years of near daily use (5 out of 7 days per week), the surface of my skin has been getting increasingly bumpy and pimply. I took Accutane a few years ago and it's really only been since I started wearing MAC that I've had a zit resurgence, which has only gotten worse. (Is this a marketing ploy? Give customers pimples so they'll need more product to cover it up?!) And as I'm at the stage of my life where I'm starting to see the odd wrinkle, nosirreebob do I want to be dealing with that AND zits, thanks very much MAC.

(n.b: not sure if the MAC ladies in my area are particularly sadistic / colourblind, but the first time I went in for a colour match I left covered in a shade best described as 'tangerine dream'.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This foundation is terrible. It is thick and goopy. It broke me out after a day. It is so heavy and cakey that I looked like I was wearing a plastic mask. Beware ladies. If I could give it 0 lippies I would.

Video Reviews & Tutorials