MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought NC25 a few months ago, honestly lol....I got shade matched at mac and I am super yellow, so i was like perfect usually NC's are perfect for my undertone and I want a medium-matte finish/coverage.
I went home and tried it out, I AM ORANGE GIRL LMFAOOO, all I thought was Alyssa Edwards saying to Coco Montrese ''look at fucking orange you look girl''. It doesn't last at all too, I only went to school and it was melting off my face, I live in Canada in -35 weather, and my skin wasn't even oily so why was it melting off, like I don't understand and girl it is thickkkkk it wouldn't even come out of the glass bottle you have to literally shake it onto your hand this 4 times before even a little comes out. I don't know, this foundation was a hot mess. Needless to say, i threw it into the garbage and only used it like 7 times. OH, also. It makes you break out like crazy because it is so thick. Like I like cake but damn girl. I recommend Milani conceal and perfect, keeps your oil under control, while providing a radiant finish and has olive+yellow undertones.. and its like $10 CAD

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

NEW HOLY GRAIL. I'm a MAC loving girl and I've used the lipsticks but I'm sad I didn't discover this sooner.

This gives you a completely even toned look, so glam, natural and model-like. Just gives the skin a really healthy, flawless effect, which photographs well too. It's matte in the best way imaginable...a natural, vibrant, non-flat kind of matte. And it doesn't oxidize - unbelievable!

Unlike a lot of other foundations, it actually lives up to all it claims. Gorgeous shade range. I'm so happy to have found my exact shade in this range (NC25). It's the closest to my skin tone I've found yet. Paired with my Shiseido Lacquer Gloss in Baby Doll, this creates such a healthy, natural, flawless look, exactly what I was looking for!

This is a classic!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It gets the job done - full coverage, keeps the skin matte but still vibrant, the whole nine. But I found it not to be very long wearing, as it starts to crease after a few hours and looks very cakey, aside of being very heavy on the skin. It's great for those special occasions where you want a beat face, but not for daily use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My new HG.

Before i say anything i just want to praise the pricing cause this looks just as good as a foundation twice or three times its price and stays on longer too.

This foundation is definitely a strong medium to full if you layer it and the best part is that it looks amazing in pictures. Thats the one thing that makes it better than any other foundation i own. Its finish is beautiful as well so another bonus there.

Edit: I can't believe how far a little bit of this ends up "gliding" across your face. It's incredible. I didn't realize how amazing this foundation was until I tried others for a while and then applied this again today and was FLOORED at how amazing it was. I would prefer this 100x over the Nars one I tried, the urban decay (although that one stays on for a long time and does look quite flawless), the mufe HD, kat von d, YSL all hours etc. I don't know how long a bottle lasts for other people but at 34 CAN I'm not complaining just because of how beautiful it is and how it stays on all day without a primer, without powder-although powdering your face will help a loot.
Honestly before you even read the rest of this review just go try it like....I now know why I kept buying different foundation after foundation before. I hope MAC sells this forever.

I have oily skin and it keeps a lot of oil at bay even 7 ish hours later. People always xomment on how oily my skin is when i use other foundations so this just makes this better for me.

Im an nc42 and the color does come off more yellow compared to my nars or luminous silk but it looks really good regardless.

Im trying so hard to contain my excitement about this product but i feel like ive finally come across the best foudnation and possibly only foundation im goimg to be using from now on.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. It's a solid medium to full coverage foundation. If you apply one pump, it stays medium and looks very natural. Two pumps gets you full coverage and looks amazing. My skin is very textured with pit scarring and this is one of the few foundations that makes my skin look its best. Another big reason why this is a HG for me are the compliments! I get so many compliments when I wear this, but not when I wear other foundations. I like to set this with a loose transculent powder (press and roll with a puff), buff Studio Fix powder on top, and set with setting spray for the ultimate beat face. The only downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have much oil control for my VERY oily skin. But honestly, I haven't found a foundation that has kept me shine free other than the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer. I don't find that I break out from this either! I always come back to this foundation!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am 42 years old with an all over oily skin and large pores around the nose area. The central part of my face has a red tint to it too and my face is darker them my neck/chest. I have watery sensitive eyes.

See the drama?

I started using makeup two years ago and bought this foundation first. Love it. It goes on with great coverage and after I set it with my setting powder (100% silica of the Brazilian makeup brand Dailus) it pratically lasts me for 6 to 7 hours. After this some shine appears. However, I can't use it outside alone. I actually mix it with MUFE 128 (Y415, half in half). I am planning to buy it in NC44 and NW30 to mix so that i'll have only SFF.

Took one star for two reasons: 1) The color does oxidize. 2) The woman in the MAC store in the Airport of Brasilia was not too friendly.

Although there was nobody in the store at the time, the woman didn't want to show me around for the available options and I had time to do it. I told her I was interested in the Studio Fix, but I didn't have that much experience with makeup so she could show me other options for my oily skin.

Obs.: Studio Fix liquid is not for the naked dry skin. In any case, moisturize is needed. Prepare your skin really well. Otherwise it will be cakey and show pores.

At the time, I also didn't know of the whole black woman x NC45. She, a BLACK WOMAN, gave me studio fix NC45 and that was that. Get going!

Unfortunately, at the store it was ok and some minutes latter I removed the spot where I applied it to travel. When I applied it at home to really test it, my face turned orange.... as in oraaaaaaaaaange. So, NC45 I'm not.

Update 02.09.2017: i was using SFF nc45 mixed with mufe hd ultra y415/128. Both ended, so I bought nc44, which was my first bet back in the day.

Wow, the color is a little more yellow than needed, but it oxidizes in moments to my face color (kind of matchmaster 😁😁). I believe my face is in more of a neutral yellow side compared to my totally chest, but i prefer to use a yellowish foundation to reduce this difference.

This was my first high end foundation a couple of years ago. Only Pro it gives a nice glow. Cons: heavy, oxidizes, made me oily, broke me out... Yup pretty disappointed for the price I expected more. I tried it with a million primers and it just didn't work out for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great foundation for slightly oily skin. I have extremely oily skin so I tend to oil up a few hours after but that's with most foundations I use! This foundation however gives a super flawless finish and oil isn't super oily, but rather a nice glow :) Wish it came with a pump though cause that's an extra $8 on top of $50 🙃

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My skin type is combination to dry which is extremely acne prone. I tried this foundation given that mac foundation color matches my skin tone very nicely. Unlike most of the foundation mac warm tones are yellow enough. I'm in the shade nc42. First of all packaging, it does not have any pump. Given the price $27 this is unacceptable.This foundation is very blendable. When first applied it looked really nice on my skin. But only after 3-4 hours my was extremely oily. Given that my skin is not oily, this foundation is breaking down in 3 to 4 hours, I cannot imagine how horrible it will be on the oily skin girls. I cannot imagine wearing it day long. I tried with a primer and still the same result. It didn't break out skin in first usage but consecutive two days of usage (3-4 hours each day) gave me two pimples. If you are planning to try it, I'll recommend trying the sample from mac store first before buying the full bottle.

I was never a fan of MAC products, but my usual foundation is no longer commercialized and I thought I should try this MAC studio fix as I heard good things about it. Well, first of all, it's the smell. Why would someone create a foundation that smells like that? I thought that after you apply it, the smell will go away eventually, but no, it really lasts until you remove it. That's not the only downside. It doesn't look flawless, it's not smooth, it's not easy to apply, it doesn't really cover the red spots for instance, it looks cackey. I don't like it. I am so bummed that I bought it. What a waste of money.