MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I mix with a small amount of Weleda almond oil and gives a beautiful finish as can feel it can look a bit flat without, works great on my oily skin even with the oil added and got lots of compliments on how good my skin looked.
But I am nc35 and my first few bottles were great with a yellow undertone but the last bottle I bought is very orange and unwearable! Bought previously from Debenhams and the orange bottle directly from the mac website so definitely not fakes. Really not sure what happened but disappointed. Not sure I would buy again due to this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am 42 years old with an all over oily skin and large pores around the nose area. The central part of my face has a red tint to it too and my face is darker them my neck/chest. I have watery sensitive eyes.

See the drama?

I started using makeup two years ago and bought this foundation first. Love it. It goes on with great coverage and after I set it with my setting powder (100% silica of the Brazilian makeup brand Dailus) it pratically lasts me for 6 to 7 hours. After this some shine appears. However, I can't use it outside alone. I actually mix it with MUFE 128 (Y415, half in half). I am planning to buy it in NC44 and NW30 to mix so that i'll have only SFF.

Took one star for two reasons: 1) The color does oxidize. 2) The woman in the MAC store in Airport of Brasilia was not too friendly.

Although there was nobody in the store at the time, the woman didn't want to show me around for the available options and I had time to do it. I told her I was interested in the Studio Fix, but I didn't have that much experience with makeup so she could show me other options for my oily skin.

Obs.: Studio Fix liquid is not for the naked dry skin. In any case, moisturize is needed. Prepare your skin really well. Otherwise it will be cakey and show pores.

At the time, I also didn't know of the whole black woman x NC45. She, a BLACK WOMAN, gave me studio fix NC45 and that was that. Get going!

Unfortunately, at the store it was ok and some minutes latter I removed the spot where I applied it to travel. When I applied it at home to really test it, my face turned orange.... as in oraaaaaaaaaange. So, NC45 I'm not.

This was my first high end foundation a couple of years ago. Only Pro it gives a nice glow. Cons: heavy, oxidizes, made me oily, broke me out... Yup pretty disappointed for the price I expected more. I tried it with a million primers and it just didn't work out for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great foundation for slightly oily skin. I have extremely oily skin so I tend to oil up a few hours after but that's with most foundations I use! This foundation however gives a super flawless finish and oil isn't super oily, but rather a nice glow :) Wish it came with a pump though cause that's an extra $8 on top of $50 🙃

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My skin type is combination to dry which is extremely acne prone. I tried this foundation given that mac foundation color matches my skin tone very nicely. Unlike most of the foundation mac warm tones are yellow enough. I'm in the shade nc42. First of all packaging, it does not have any pump. Given the price $27 this is unacceptable.This foundation is very blendable. When first applied it looked really nice on my skin. But only after 3-4 hours my was extremely oily. Given that my skin is not oily, this foundation is breaking down in 3 to 4 hours, I cannot imagine how horrible it will be on the oily skin girls. I cannot imagine wearing it day long. I tried with a primer and still the same result. It didn't break out skin in first usage but consecutive two days of usage (3-4 hours each day) gave me two pimples. If you are planning to try it, I'll recommend trying the sample from mac store first before buying the full bottle.

I was never a fan of MAC products, but my usual foundation is no longer commercialized and I thought I should try this MAC studio fix as I heard good things about it. Well, first of all, it's the smell. Why would someone create a foundation that smells like that? I thought that after you apply it, the smell will go away eventually, but no, it really lasts until you remove it. That's not the only downside. It doesn't look flawless, it's not smooth, it's not easy to apply, it doesn't really cover the red spots for instance, it looks cackey. I don't like it. I am so bummed that I bought it. What a waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I got a sample from the MAC store a few weeks ago cause I'm in desperate need of a new foundation. With my skin care regimen my face is less oily then it was a few years ago, but still quite oily, and I felt confident enough to try liquid foundation again (MAC isn't the only sample I got). My skin is still oily around my t-zone and I have a zone of acne scars and hyper pigmentation on my cheeks, my chin, and the area around my nose.

That being said, for application I felt one layer of this was medium coverage with my concealer and over my primer. I applied with a damp beauty blender because it felt streaky with a brush. It goes on beautifully and photographs FLAWLESSLY. It really does blur out all your imperfections.

As the day went on however, my oil broke down the foundation around my chin giving me less coverage but also making my chin look cakey. It also fell into my laugh lines and creased into the corners of my nose. It wears well for about 1.5 hours for me matte, the next 1.5 is dewy (it's still a nice finish), and the next 1.5 I need to blot and the cycle starts over again. It's also not transfer proof so touching your face picks the makeup right off your face. In my opinion it doesn't wear well. If you're oily with uneven hyperpigmented skin like me, skip this.

I definitely won't be buying again because of the above and also because I couldn't find a good color match. I was matched to NC37 but it feels too yellow (it was workable but the difference in undertones bugged me, I need something a little more olive) while NC40 is too dark and NC35 is too light. In all I'm unimpressed. Their studio fix powder is a much better investment because of how light weight it is.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This broke me out and gave me tiny bumps around my mouth. It smells awful!!!! Like death and paint. It covers nicely but looks kinda dull on the skin. Its not like a nice matte that looks makes you look like a doll. It did have good staying power but does get into fine lines. This foundation feels drying if you use it everyday and have dry skin. I think this would work better for normal to oily skin or using it for special occasions l.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

First and foremost I love the coverage this foundation would give me it gives you a full coverage, beautiful matte finish and I would always get compliments every single time I would wear this foundation , but unfortunately it made me break out very bad mostly on top of my forehead so I had to stop using it. & I've been hearing from a lot of other people who use this foundation as well saying the same exact thing that it made them break out very badly which is a shame bc I love the way this foundation went on! I have no idea what's in the formula that's not going for sensitive skin , but even then my skin isn't even that sensitive. I guess you wouldn't know if it'll break you out until you actually use it. I give it a 3 and the price is pretty up there but Out of all the makeup brand Mac has got to be the least expensive one.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation in NC25 is a perfect match for my skin tone. It's a medium coverage foundation and it will last you a long time. You only need a small amount. I bought the pump at the MAC store to go with it. I've had this since March 2015 and I can honestly give it a pretty good review from using it on and off. It breaks me out. I have super sensitive skin, though. I use it on and off because my skin cannot handle it. It's sad, because I really love it! I'm hesitant to try other MAC foundations because I'm not sure if they will also break me out. This foundation doesn't oxidize for me, but sadly once I run out I won't be repurchasing. I may try the powder foundation next time. Haven't decided yet.