MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

3.5

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my go to high coverage foundation when I want to look flawless. It photographs well and is long lasting. I don't like using this as an everyday foundation because I find it a bit heavy feeling. Blends well. I prefer using a stippling brush for that airbrush finish. I can't wear it for more than 2 days straight or I'll start to break out. I was matched to NC40.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a year now and I always go back to it. I love the texture and the coverage. There's so many shades you are gaurenteed to find your match. However, it's not as that great during the summer heat. It tends to melt off and at the end of the day the only thing that stays put on my face is my concealer. I have oily skin so I would recommend this for fall-spring but not the summer time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in the shade NC42. I have a south Asian skin tone and combination skin. I have uneven skin tone and acne scars as well as dark circles. I like to have a foundation that I can put on in 5 min before work without having to spend too much time on it. I'm udually in a rush with the school run etc.

I'm happy to say I found this really easy to wear and the colour matched my skin perfectly. The warm under tones made me glow. I always have trouble finding the correct shade but MAC never let's me down. I have also had MAC studio Sculpt and MAC Matchmaster in No5. I felt studio sculpt made me shiny and match master would only work well when I had a perfect base and took time.

This foundation was not drying and blended really well. It's buildable coverage. It gives a pretty smooth finish. The only thing I didn't really like is that it didn't have a pump, so I felt that more product was released than what was needed so it was wasted. I did buy a separate pump so it wasn't too bad after that.

Overall a a good buy!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my go to foundation for 10+ years.. I have tried out/on several other brands but I always end up going back to Mac studiofix.

Perfect shade selection for my medium Tan complexion with yellow undertones (NC42-44), love the texture and it's matte velvety finish on my oily/combination skin, provides good coverage while still looking natural. Doesnt break me out.

Apply a primer and/or strobe cream underneath, apply the foundation with a brush, and top it off with my favorite powder MAC studiofix powder in NC 44,5 and my skin looks flawless.

If you have a similar skintone to mine and are still looking for the perfect shade of BB Cream do check out the Clarins Bb skin perfecting cream spf 25 in shade 03 dark. Finally found my match.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product clogged my pores and broke me out a lot if I used it too many times in a row.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This foundation looked good initially, but oxidized BIG TIME and turned my face orange. I also made the mistake of accidentally sleeping with this on and woke up the next morning with new lines around my eyes. Bummer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

STAY AWAYYYY!!!!!

Went into MAC to get matched. The make up lady immediately reached for this. Had a strong smell that i'm sure many people will be sensitive to, but product smells don't bother me.
Matched great (NC30). Bought the full size as well as Pro Longwear. Took it home, tried it on next day. Within 10 minutes it had oxidised. I was willing to overlook that maybe i hadnt cleansed my skin properly, so i took it all off, and tried again the next day. I lasted about 20 mins before I oxidised and turned orange again!

I then bought in NC20, to see if it would lessen the deep tone of oxidisation... NOPE!!! Same shade of orange as before, £50 wasted!
My skin isn't even oily, so I don't get it! This foundation is just a hot mess..... Highly recommend you try Pro Longwear OR mac face and body in conjuction with a heavy concealer + colour corrector if coverage is needed!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product since I was 17 and here and there I get tempted to try new foundations but, I always come back to this one. The coverage is medium to full, definitely build-able. What I like most is that it stays on all day and it has never broke me out. The price is great compared to other high end brands and although it does not come with a pump you can buy one and switch it from bottle to bottle.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I recently purchased this foundation in the shade c4.5 .The foundation comes in a glass bottle, which isn't great as its difficult to control the amount coming out of the bottle. However the make-up artist who served me gave me a pump to use it and didn't charge me for it which was nice.

I applied the foundation after using moisturiser. I have dry skin and as this foundation is oil-free it is necessary to apply moisturiser beforehand so it doesn't cling to my dry patches. I don't like a dewy finish with a foundation which is why I went for the studio fix fluid as it does deliver a matte finish which I liked. It is medium to full coverage yet doesn't look cakey. I think the finish and coverage of the foundation would be particularly good for a night out.

What I really didn't like about this foundation was the colour....I would describe it as orange. I didn't choose the colour myself, I spoke to one of the make-up artists who sat me down and tried a few shades on me. Shade c4.5 is the one the make-up artist chose as being closest to my neck, however when I got it home and tried it on it was two shades darker than my neck.

I have a golden tan from using sunbeds now and again and still found this "tanned" shade far too orange. I do cover my face on the sunbed so my face is a lot lighter than my neck, therefore I use fake tan on my face to make it the same colour as the rest of me. I don't know if the fake tan on my face is what makes the make-up look orangey, but she said she matched it to my neck The rest of my skin is a pinky golden colour, so the colour of this foundation doesn't match my skin tone at all. The makeup artist told me that this shade c4.5 doesn't have as strong an undertone as other mac NW or NC shades. To me this foundation has a very strong yellow/orange undertone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So ive been using this foundation for the last 3 years! its a love and hate with this one unfortunatly. Sometimes its perfect on my skin and sometimes is ORANGE! So i thought id try a new foundation from too faced. When i ordered that the foundation was so grey and ashy on me so i decided to mix my mac nc44.5 and too faced honey together! & i must say its the best combo for my skin. I dont look orange or grey! Its perfect! Also not a fan of the pump! Broke on me after a couple of days!! didnt bother to re buy it !