MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.6

One of my holy grail foundations! NC10 is a perfect shade and SFF doesn't oxidize, which is a miracle for my combo/oily and very pale skin. The coverage is a solid medium but can be built up to almost full. I mix this with a BB cream to get a more natural, lighter coverage. I set with a translucent powder and All Nighter Spray, and my makeup lasts a good 10-12 hours. I wish it came with a pump (I mean, really MAC?) but the small, no nonsense packaging is great for a small bathroom.

Always lasts the whole day on me whether I wear powder or not, some people hate the smell but weirdly enough I like it. Doesn't break me out, amazing coverage :)

I had high expectations for this foundation and they were definitely not met, but let's start with the positives. The colour is almost perfect which is hard to find when you're quite fair skinned, It has spf 15 which is a bonus and it managed to keep my oily t-zone in check. Now on to the negatives, the packaging is bland and you have to buy a separate pump for it which for the price it should come with a gold one, the product doesn't like to come out easily but maybe that's just my bottle, and the coverage while full it wears off within 6 hours. Overall for the price I would not buy again but it's also not the worst foundation I've used.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first bought this foundation after talking with a MAC beauty consultant and this is the foundation she recommended for my wants/needs: full coverage, concerns with oily skin. It does give full coverage and it cover imperfections well. It also lasts for me about 4-5 hours before becoming shiny, but it eventually always does and before the end of the day. It does oxidize to a shade darker, and moves and separate on me even with a silicone primer (maybe I'm doing something wrong). It's a good choice for people with imperfections or who need more coverage for other reasons. But, there are so many other choices out that I like better, even DS brands. I did give it 4 lippies because it does what it says, for the most part.

Pros: Color selection, full coverage, has SPF, though only 15, leaves a nice flat, but not dry matte finish

Cons: Scent, doesn't stay matte very long on my oily skin even with a powder setting and primer, doesn't come with a pump - you have to purchase that separately

This foundation is really full coverage and has a range of shades to suit your skin. Keeps my face shine-free all day and doesn't move. It might be a bit drying so I wouldn't recommend it to very dry skin types, unless you intensely moisturise your face before application. Only down side is that it seeps into my smile lines, apart from that coverage, wear and colour is spot on. Love it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the colour NC10 and it pale but not yellow enough for me. The foundation gives medium to full coverage and lasts a long time. It lasts a long time but it does get oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my favourite foundation for a couple of years but only after trying ELDW did I realise how bad this product is. I have oily skin and this foundation barely lasted until lunchtime, I found it easy to blend but would look incredibly orange. If you have oily skin like I do and want a long lasting, mattifying foundation, I wouldn't waste your money on this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended this product by my Mac representative, as I was looking for something with full coverage and designed for oily skin. Straight after application it looks incredible, it has a gorgeous nice matte glow, however I found this foundation to last around two hours before it started to shine and bring oil to the surface. After a whole day the foundation was all but non existent. My skin broke out so bad after around two days use, everywhere that I had applied the product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to wear this foundation a lot but then dewy foundations became more popular and that's what I've alwAys gone for since.
I bought it recently for makeup artist kit and decided to try it a few times to familiarize myself with this product and I hate it. It has so many good reviews on here but I find for my skin which can be a bit dry it emphasizes those areas even when used with a primer and feels very cakey. My skin also breaks out so bad after using it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's a nice, medium coverage foundation. I got this one in NC15, which is actually a bit too dark for me. Now, in summer, I can get away with it, but I won't buy it again for the winter.
It stays on my face for at least 5-6 hours, without primer and powder. The two mayor problems that I had with this foundation are the smell and the break-out on my face. I've never had problems with any foundation, only with this one.