MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

1 review

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I loved this foundation for years. The coverage was really beautiful and medium-full, depending on my application method. I had a slight problem with the colors, because Im NW15 in almost every other MAC product, and this in NW15 was just slightly darker than all of my other NW15 products. It was fine during the sunnier months, but in winter, it was somewhat noticeable, no matter how much blending I did. (They didnt offer/have the NW10 or NW13 last time I bought it.) It did also oxidize like mad, and was a bit orange under most lighting after 4-6 hours. Now, for why I no longer wear it I started wearing it when I was 16 after being introduced to MAC mostly through concealer reviews. I figured since I already wore a lot of MAC products, using their foundation was just a natural choice. I really didnt have much acne before I started wearing this product a blackhead here or there, maybe a whitehead every few months. I had no idea what cystic acne was until I was 18, long after puberty and all of that. From 18 to 22, I rarely went a week without a cyst popping up somewhere, and they were extremely painful, and difficult to hide. I ended up using more products, and spending more money, to try to hide (and clear up) all the problem areas. It wasnt until my fianc, now husband, pointed out that it seemed to him like my worst break-outs were only a day or two after wearing foundation, that I decided to look it up and found out that some MAC foundations are kind of known for this problem. I stopped using it for a while, and surprise surprise, my skin got 80% clearer within a few weeks. I LOVE MAC products, and if this foundation works for everyone else, thats awesome but for me, it was not good. Without all of the acne problems, this probably would have been a 4-lippie foundation for me. I really dont know what ingredient it is that my skin reacts to, but Ive used a TON of different face products, especially over the last year, and none have caused anything like that. I understand that its supposed to be a special occasion foundation, for stage-wear and photography, but even just wearing it for 4 hours every month was enough to cause problems for me, (and dont forget the orangeness!) so that doesnt fly. I still use MAC concealer (Studio Finish NW15) and MAC powder (Select Sheer Pressed in NW5 in the winter, NW15 in the summer), along with MAC blushes, MSFs, bronzers, shadows, lipsticks, etc. Ive been using Revlon foundations now for almost two years. My acne is almost completely gone. I probably wont try another MAC foundation unless they come out with something extremely new and different.

Video Reviews & Tutorials