MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.6

I love this foundation. It's a perfect match on my skin. No breakouts, no oxidizing. I deliver out of a hot truck all day, and my skin feels soft and silky at the end of the day. I know this one is a hit or miss for people, definitely a hit for me. I'll be 57 next month, and have fairly normal (albeit slightly wrinkly) skin.

NC 15 in winter. NC25 in summer. Have been using this product for 4 years now and it's def HG for me! Coverage is a good medium but you can build it up. Color never oxidizes. Finish is natural matte. Lasts all day. Really a beautiful and reliable foundation. I have combo acne prone skin and this has NEVER irritated my skin or caused breakouts. I just love it and wear it everyday. I set it with L'Oréal infallible matte powder and this combo is gorgeous. Make sure skin is exfoliated and moisturized prior to application. I believe that's the key to allowing this product to really work its magic. Love!

This is my second bottle after I ran out of the last one a year ago. I bought but never finished about 5 foundations in the meantime and I just had to get back to this one. Great foundation, it does what is says and has an impressive colour range. NC15 matches my skin colour beautifully. I do have to moisturise my skin very well and I need a primer to keep the foundation in place, but after setting it with a powder, this foundation isn't going anywhere. A tip received from a beauty blogger is to use a tiny bit of translucent powder on top of the primer, underneath the foundations. It works wonders and keeps my skin matte for a good 12 hours. I use a wet beauty blender so the foundation is a little less thick on my skin and it blends wonderfully.

Though I read some of you saying that it causes break outs, it's not what I experienced. I have a very oily T zone with huge pores that tend to clog, but I haven't encountered a pimple other than on the usual spots. Because of the foundation's thickness, it does need proper cleaning after using it (which is why I use cleaning wipes, miccelar water AND washing it afterwards).

1 lippy less because you have to buy the pump separately. That's about the only ridiculous thing about this MAC foundation.

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love that i finally found my perfect colour match in this foundation. Always hated looking yellowy or face too dark for my body in pictures and this foundation has helped me with that. It would be better if you didn't have to buy the pump with it, (not that i was unhappy to buy the pump in itself) and then know you can't put the lid on over the pump. Because of travel i was scared to leave the pump head on even when it was turned to the off side in a travel bag but it is not nearly as convenient without the pump when applying makeup. Maybe a smaller or more accessible pump could be made to suit the lid or vice versa. Regardless of this, amazing colour range, dermatologist approved and non comedogenic. I can quite comfortably wear it on accutane treatment (for my oily skin) as long as i apply a moisturiser and primer first.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For the price, this is not something I will purchase again. I have combo skin and my T zone is super super oily at the end of the day with this foundation, in a way that hasn't been much of an issue with other products. I also don't find it lasts very long. If this was a drug store brand that cost $10 then maybe I would but its $30 in canada.

I find other drug store products to work just as well if not better than this therefore, I don't want to spend $30 on something if I can get better quality for much cheaper.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite foundations, and THE only full-coverage foundation I have ever liked because I have dry skin and anything else is too cakey.
This is silky smooth but covers well.
And I have a sort of neutral olive skin so I can either wear nc or nw. (Nc40 or nw25).
Mac is the best for olive skin colors.

It just has a silky flawless finish and it is honestly the ONLY full-coverage foundation I will wear. (Others are too cakey).
At times if I want a more dewy look I will mix it with mineralize liquid or strobe cream
And I apply it either with beauty blender sponge or the 190 or 196 mac brush.
This is a classic and I loved it from the moment I tried it on. However it should come with a pump rather than me having to buy one for it!

I do like this foundation it has a very good coverage ( medium to full) and a lot of shades, lasts quite well on my combo skin ( i do have to use a translucent powder over it) . I was matched to NC20 for my light yellowish toned skin which is a very good match. However i did get a few break outs around my chin during the summer...so i had to stop using it a couple of days.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation! I bought it after my friend recommended it to me in Mac, and decided to buy it as I've been looking for a new one. When I got home and read the reviews I was a bit skeptical to try it, but I was pleasantly surprised! Covers my redness really well, nice finish and lasts all day (looked just as good after a hot 8 hour shift at work as when I put it on). I applied it with a beauty blender, set with Mac Skinfinish and Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. I have pretty dry skin, so I applied some Mac Strobe Cream before putting on my makeup and it looked great. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation and $32.00 is not too bad for high end. Will repurchase! (Just wish it had a pump)

I bought this product 2 or 3 years ago and it's still pretty much full in my makeup bag. It's wonderful for photos but it feels so heavy on the skin I just want to wash it off after an hour or two wearing it. There's so many better foundations out there so much better than this but it's a Mac product which means it will remain extremely overrated.