MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favourite foundations in the world to this day. I am very pale but mac has a wonderful colour selection and i am still able to wear the right shade for my skin. I vary between oily and dry, depending on various factors, aka weather, health, diet and so forth, but i always love a matte finish - and i can always get it with this foundation. The only annoying thing is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump and the matching pump is more than most would cost. But either way, this foundation is well worth it. I have been using it for well over 2 years now, and even though my skin is very sensitive, it doesn't break me out or anything like that.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was my first ever "high end" foundation I purchased 8 Years ago, and throughout the years, I have tried many others, but always went back to this. Full coverage but not cakey . Looks nice in photos. The issue is , after having my bottle for a month, the shade is now orange and darker ! This never happened with my other bottles, so maybe MAC changed the formula . Disappointed. I have NW18 and it now looks like a NW25.

I have been using the studio fluid in NC15 since I was 16, it’s by far my favorite foundation that I have used (it is important to mention though that I have only tried 3 types on myself). I love that the coverage is medium-full. I do have to set it but that doesn’t bother me personally because I would powder over it either way. Applies flawlessly with a BB. My only complaints about this foundation are that it tends to attach to dry patches making them more noticeable & I’m also not a huge fan of the bottle, it’s not very practical. I really wish it had a pump because when you get to the bottom of the bottle it’s nearly impossible to get the remaining product out of it, so that’s kind of annoying. That being said, after I run out of the bottle I am using now I think I will try another top brand for comparison but I would definately recommend it to others and purchase it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation for the night, it made my skin look like doll skin plus it stays all night. But I find it to be bit drying for my normal to dry skin so I have to wear two moisturizes plus primer underneath. Also if I wear it during the day it tends to get too dry and it doesn't look natural which is the look I love during the day. At night it can't be seen cause there is less light. So I only use it when I need extra coverage and for special events. If you love high coverage foundation that lasts long time and your skin is normal to oily this stuff is perfect. Color range is really good, it fits my really fair skin perfectly. I am NC 15. It lasted me for 2 years(I used it once or twice a week) so I think price is totally decent. I would buy it again cause sometimes heavy make up is needed.

I am fair skinned with blong hair. I have some acne scars on the chick and this foundation covers it as long as my pores. It doesn't look heavy and doesn't need powder (I have combination skin and I get oily on the Tzone. I would reperchase it again.

I love this foundation. It's a perfect match on my skin. No breakouts, no oxidizing. I deliver out of a hot truck all day, and my skin feels soft and silky at the end of the day. I know this one is a hit or miss for people, definitely a hit for me. I'll be 57 next month, and have fairly normal (albeit slightly wrinkly) skin.

NC 15 in winter. NC25 in summer. Have been using this product for 4 years now and it's def HG for me! Coverage is a good medium but you can build it up. Color never oxidizes. Finish is natural matte. Lasts all day. Really a beautiful and reliable foundation. I have combo acne prone skin and this has NEVER irritated my skin or caused breakouts. I just love it and wear it everyday. I set it with L'Oréal infallible matte powder and this combo is gorgeous. Make sure skin is exfoliated and moisturized prior to application. I believe that's the key to allowing this product to really work its magic. Love!

This is my second bottle after I ran out of the last one a year ago. I bought but never finished about 5 foundations in the meantime and I just had to get back to this one. Great foundation, it does what is says and has an impressive colour range. NC15 matches my skin colour beautifully. I do have to moisturise my skin very well and I need a primer to keep the foundation in place, but after setting it with a powder, this foundation isn't going anywhere. A tip received from a beauty blogger is to use a tiny bit of translucent powder on top of the primer, underneath the foundations. It works wonders and keeps my skin matte for a good 12 hours. I use a wet beauty blender so the foundation is a little less thick on my skin and it blends wonderfully.

Though I read some of you saying that it causes break outs, it's not what I experienced. I have a very oily T zone with huge pores that tend to clog, but I haven't encountered a pimple other than on the usual spots. Because of the foundation's thickness, it does need proper cleaning after using it (which is why I use cleaning wipes, miccelar water AND washing it afterwards).

1 lippy less because you have to buy the pump separately. That's about the only ridiculous thing about this MAC foundation.

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For the price, this is not something I will purchase again. I have combo skin and my T zone is super super oily at the end of the day with this foundation, in a way that hasn't been much of an issue with other products. I also don't find it lasts very long. If this was a drug store brand that cost $10 then maybe I would but its $30 in canada.

I find other drug store products to work just as well if not better than this therefore, I don't want to spend $30 on something if I can get better quality for much cheaper.