MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.5

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

👎
Ok girls, so my skin is combo, dehydrated and sensitive. And to make it short, I hated this. First, I don't think the colour blends well. I tried different shades and couldn't find one that looks natural. Nw20 was the closest (I'm neutral) but still looks like I'm heavily madeup even if I only use a drop of the stuff.

I didn't like it bc
- It's really thick
- Coverage is higher than I wanted (I prefer to go for medium coverage)
- I couldn't find a shade that looks natural on me
- BREAKS me out bad!!!!!! (And my skin isn't even acne prone). Whenever I use the next day I get huge whiteheads that take forever to go away.
- Not a fan of the smell

Having said this, I got it bc a friend of mine uses it and she's delighted. Her skin type is normal/dry and it hasn't broken her out and it looks really natural on her. So... idk what to say. But I'm passing this on to her bc my skin doesn't like it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really want to like this product, but there are so many things that just don't work out for me. First off, the packaging is awful - I had to pay $10 for a separate pump that could've easily been worked into the product. The color match is also a bit of a problem. I am a NC20 in the prolong wear foundation (which is my perfect match), but NC20 in this range is at least a shade darker and made me look ridiculously yellow.

It's advertised as a full-coverage foundation, but I think its more of a fuller medium. It doesn't quite cover much of the redness I have on my cheeks which requires additional full coverage concealer. This also isn't that amazing against oil. It'll last, but the oil will still peak through at around the 6 hour mark and the foundation around my nose will start breaking down.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There's a reason why this foundation has such a huge cult following - it's amazing! It's matte, medium to full coverage and creates a flawless base for almost all skin types. It is definitely more of an night time/event foundation as it is more heavy looking on the skin but honestly, I like it during the day as well! If you're into more full coverage glam foundations you will love this especially for night time. And an added bonus, It photographs exceptionally well!

The only downside to the Mac studio fix fluid is that it doesn't come with a pump which can make it ridiculously annoying. You can purchase a pump on the side but I think that's a major inconvenience, personally.

My go to foundation!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is one of the weirdest foundations ever. I have been using this because it's in my project pan and I have completely used it up. I use a beauty sponge and it applies medium coverage (but it's buildable). It is one of those foundations where the primer must work well with it - I have found that silicone primers work best with this. The reason for this is because the foundation is slightly drying. At the end of the day, some of my foundation has faded and my face, in general, looks dry and crusty. If I use a mattifying primer with this, it will just be worse.

The price point for this isn't bad and I would suggest that you wear this on shorter/low-key days.

In a few words, this foundation does not stay put, does not always dry matte, gets greasy, gets cakey, fades, and also it broke me out.
So this was my first ever high-end foundation, and when I first got it about a couple years ago, I was excited. I would actually use it pretty often (I did not reach for it everyday, I didnt want to waste my expensive product for school), and I used to love it. At this point I have to mention that I have oily skin, especially on my nose and the area around it, some random dry patches, a lot of acne scars and also occasional breakouts, as well as a couple permanent pimples and large pores on my nose. My skin is, in general, pretty bad, so I loved this foundation for the coverage it offered. However, after my break from foundations for the sake of (lightweight, effortless and quick makeup), I actually feel like I must have been blind to like this foundation. First of all, it says it has a matte finish, but it never actually dries down on my skin, unless I set it with powder. Second, it says it stays matte and controls oil, but just a few hours after putting it on it gets greasy, cakey and it fades away, resulting in my acne scars becoming visible. Also it creases under my eyes. Last but certainly not least, the worst of all the cons: it broke me out. I finally managed to make my skin look good and vanish my pimples literally today, no joke, I woke up and my skin looked pretty good. No pimples, no dry patches... And then I had a special event this afternoon and I decided to treat myself and wear my expensive foundation. I WISH I had gone with my 3€ essence concealer! When I got home and removed my disaster of a foundation, I could see a bunch o white bumps and some red pimples that didnt exist before. This is not the first time something similar happens, so I figured it is because of the foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After wearing this foundation for almost a year, sporadically, I finally threw it out. This was my very first non-drugstore foundation and it was totally not right for me.

The MAC SA recommended this even though I had dry skin because I wanted a fuller-coverage foundation. This made my face actually burn when I applied it and dried my skin out so bad my face and any acne spots would hurt during the day. I have since NEVER had any issue with any other drugstore or high-end foundations before or since. There is something in this that is just bad for sensitive and dry skins.

Once I got this on my face, I found it cakey when applied with a brush and patchy with a sponge. It let a lot of my redness show through in patches and I don't have that much redness. With a sponge, I also find when it's applied with a sponge, it sticks to the sponge and quickly creates this weird dry, sticky, hard shell on it that makes it almost impossible to blend the rest of it in.

The final nail in the coffin for me is the packaging. This has been around for however long and it's the only MAC foundation without a pump. For how much this costs, it should at least have a way of dispensing it that isn't pouring it out onto your hand.

HARD pass. I literally have no idea how some people are able to use and love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product gave me the worst cystic breakout. I am in my twenties and had gotten my skin under control for years. This made me feel like a teenager again in a bad way. It also itched my skin so there must be ingredients in here I am allergic to. I read that it is the talc, which is in a lot of MAC products and makes sense because nothing from MAC ever worked out for me. If you have sensitive skin, beware.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing Foundation for oily skin!! But i would not buy it again beacuase of the animal testing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I mix with a small amount of Weleda almond oil and gives a beautiful finish as can feel it can look a bit flat without, works great on my oily skin even with the oil added and got lots of compliments on how good my skin looked.
But I am nc35 and my first few bottles were great with a yellow undertone but the last bottle I bought is very orange and unwearable! Bought previously from Debenhams and the orange bottle directly from the mac website so definitely not fakes. Really not sure what happened but disappointed. Not sure I would buy again due to this.