MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing Foundation for oily skin!! But i would not buy it again beacuase of the animal testing.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I was SO excited to reunite with my beloved Studio Fix, which had been a trusty makeup companion for years. MAC Studio Fix was my HG for a decade, until I had children and didn't have the time to drive out far to go to the MAC store (no MAC close by). Recently I have started ordering MAC online (yay) and was excited to try my trusty Studio Fix.

They must have reformulated this in the meantime. When I excitedly put the foundation on my face, I COULD NOT even blend it! IT DRIED INSTANTLY on my face! It was thick and heavy and set almost immediately. It was SO bizarre! I can absolutely see why other comments here say to mix it with oil or moisturizer - it does not blend well at all! I NEVER experienced this in the times I used it in years past. My skin is naturally oily, but I moisturize well and properly - so my skin was not parched when I tried it on.

I had to wash my face entirely, and waste my application - and use a different make up. However, I am not closing the door on this makeup just yet.

I suspect because it's such a powerful, heavy foundation that it requires EXTREMELY moisturized skin beforehand. Almost, apply it before your moisturizer is completely dry. I might forgo primer when I try it again, as that has to set and dry. I'll give this one more shot before deciding it is no longer any good.

Also, NC 30 which was my all-year color, was significantly darker and less green/yellow based than years before. My olive skin had a sad day indeed.

The fragrance was indeed strong too, but nothing unmanageable in my opinion.

Certainly a disappointing reunion with my previous HG!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I mix with a small amount of Weleda almond oil and gives a beautiful finish as can feel it can look a bit flat without, works great on my oily skin even with the oil added and got lots of compliments on how good my skin looked.
But I am nc35 and my first few bottles were great with a yellow undertone but the last bottle I bought is very orange and unwearable! Bought previously from Debenhams and the orange bottle directly from the mac website so definitely not fakes. Really not sure what happened but disappointed. Not sure I would buy again due to this.

I used this years ago and I liked the finish . It's very concentrated so start off with a bit. I like that it gives that perfected look. If I were to try it again I'd like to see if they have a more neutral shade NC is too yellow NW is ok on me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had oily skin when I first purchased this foundation in November & when I first used it I hated it because it was so dry!! But I mixed it in with some enhancer drops and I loved it! Now however it's made my skin SO oily, I do wear it everyday and have since then. This foundation has never broke me out but it has definitely made my skin the oiliest it's EVER been. Now with a primer and setting it, it doesn't last more than 2 hours :(

Great colour and coverage however not long lasting and has made my skin oiler

This foundation stays on my skin no more than 3 hours and i don't have oily skin.it feels very heavy on the skin.

LOVE IT .....TRIED EVERYTHING LOVE IT ..MAC IS TRIED AND TRUE BEAUTY

I really love the consistency of this foundation and the way it feels on my skin. It has great coverage and builds up well. I really like it as it is one of the few foundations that won't break me out. However, I find it extremely hard to match a MAC foundation to my skin. They are all either too yellow or too pink for my skin and I find it very frustrating.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great for oily skin, still need to blog midday but doesn't budge when you do. Full coverage, Mattifying but still a beautiful glow, little goes a long way, great price!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am 42 years old with an all over oily skin and large pores around the nose area. The central part of my face has a red tint to it too and my face is darker them my neck/chest. I have watery sensitive eyes.

See the drama?

I started using makeup two years ago and bought this foundation first. Love it. It goes on with great coverage and after I set it with my setting powder (100% silica of the Brazilian makeup brand Dailus) it pratically lasts me for 6 to 7 hours. After this some shine appears. However, I can't use it outside alone. I actually mix it with MUFE 128 (Y415, half in half). I am planning to buy it in NC44 and NW30 to mix so that i'll have only SFF.

Took one star for two reasons: 1) The color does oxidize. 2) The woman in the MAC store in Airport of Brasilia was not too friendly.

Although there was nobody in the store at the time, the woman didn't want to show me around for the available options and I had time to do it. I told her I was interested in the Studio Fix, but I didn't have that much experience with makeup so she could show me other options for my oily skin.

Obs.: Studio Fix liquid is not for the naked dry skin. In any case, moisturize is needed. Prepare your skin really well. Otherwise it will be cakey and show pores.

At the time, I also didn't know of the whole black woman x NC45. She, a BLACK WOMAN, gave me studio fix NC45 and that was that. Get going!

Unfortunately, at the store it was ok and some minutes latter I removed the spot where I applied it to travel. When I applied it at home to really test it, my face turned orange.... as in oraaaaaaaaaange. So, NC45 I'm not.