MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my go-to foundations. Never looks cakey, keeps me pretty matte, colour is spot on (NW 13 for winter and can go up to NW20 in summer). This is the perfect foundation for all seasons. Wish the pump came with the product. Wear time is pretty good, generally stays looking nice for 12 hrs despite my oily skin. There is a slight flashback so be wary! One of the only foundations that have never broken me out!

I decided to go for this foundation after reading the good reviews and having only bought drugstore foundation in the past, I decided to invest in a better quality foundation. After trying a sample, I was pleased with my result so I decided to buy one. However, the more I used it the less I liked it. It doesn't cover up my blemishes, it clings to dry patches and gets oily very quickly. It oxidises and doesn't last very long. Will not be buying again.

This is the best foundation I've found so far. it has heavy yet natural-looking coverage (once it sets) that lasts for most of the day. I usually have trouble finding a foundation that is light enough for my skin and doesn't make it look orange but this foundation fits the bill (my shade is NW10, the lightest one). However, this foundation does dry out my skin some so I have to be very diligent about moisturizing before and after wearing it. I would also prefer if it had a pump.

I dig this foundation it last a long time. Good color selection. If you have dry skin like me make sure you moisturize and prime. I find the best way to apply it is with a sponge. The smells is kind of funky but it goes away also I wish it came with a pump but you can't win em all.

Pros:
Great coverage
Long wearing

Cons:
The colour range in the palest none really seemed to match me
Not great on dry skin at all

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MAC foundations get talked about a lot, but I have really disliked every one that I have tried, though none as much as Studio Fix Fluid. First of all, why does it have to smell SO BAD? I have never tried another foundation that is this stinky, even from cheap brands like Wet n Wild. I don't think it looked very nice on the skin either, but instead was cakey and unflattering. Like all MAC foundations, it oxidized so badly on me that I looked super freaking orange. I don't think it is worth the price or the hype, especially for fairer skin tones that want to avoid oxidization.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Doesn't live up to the hype. Goes patchy, oxidises and rubs off easily during the day. Looks Cakey and the lack of pump on the bottle annoys me. I hate wasting make up so I'll consider using the bottle on nights out in the dark where it only needs to last a few hours and nobody can see me close up.
I used a good primer and setting powder so I don't know why it was so terrible on my skin.

Update, I actually really love this for a night out. It looks beautiful in photos. It does give me pimples but it’s worth it for the photos.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like to keep this in my stash but it wouldn't be my 'go-to' choice.

The product itself comes in quite elegant packaging, nice glass bottle but with a pump sold separate. In fact, I had bought this online only to realise I needed the pump so I had to go to the MAC store anyway and fork out €5 for a piece of plastic. Ridiculous really considering I paid €32 for this. One could argue that you don't 'need' the pump, but trust me.. it gets messy without it.

On the plus side, the coverage is good: it gives medium, buildable coverage, which I find perfectly suitable for most days, and it’s also fairly matte, so it helps combat my oily areas. As a very pale person, I picked up NW10 which was a decent enough colour match, if not a little bit too pink toned.

As for the negatives, there is a couple that comes to mind. First and foremost is that Studio Fix is not very forgiving when it comes to dry patches on my skin which isn't ideal because I have combination skin prone to dehydration. And secondly, the formula is not as blendable as it markets itself to be. There's also a slightly chemical smell, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Final thoughts wise, although I do like it, it’s not quite ‘Holy Grail’ material for me. Once I’ve used it up, I’ll probably try something else. I wouldn’t rule out going back to it in future, though, if only because it’s one of the few foundations out there that actually is pale enough for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you like a full coverage flawless foundation you will LOVE Mac Studio Fix Fluid.
I have an oily T-zone, mild breakouts and this foundation lasts all day for me. I do notice it lasts longer when paired with my Mac Primer. This is basically a high end (better) version of Revlon Colorstay. So if you like that, you will love this. I wish the pump came with this foundation, but it's such a minor setback to how much I love this product. I will repurchase over and over =)