MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed

3.7

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have repurchased this product several times. It was my go-to foundation until I found more affordable drug store brands which perform just as good if not better. I still like it a lot but for now I have found other ones that I like more. It definitely applies well and NC45 matches me perfectly however I don't like the fact that it has no pump and I also don't really like that it has SPF seeing as though I wear it not just at day but also at night. I still recommend it for purchase if one is looking for a MAC foundation.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I'm using my second bottle of this in the shade NC15 and I totally loved it when I first purchased it but now I'm not so sure anymore. I like full coverage foundations but this one feel a bit heavy on the skin and I find that I have to be careful when applying so I don't end up with a cakeface. And I think this also breaks me out, not badly but still.. Good color selection and easy to find a shade that matches (they could have NC10 tho cause NC15 is a bit dark for me during winter) but I think I've done my experimenting with this and won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Hello,
I bought this foundation after much reviews on ig. And decided I'll try it. I was looking for a matte foundation for very oily skin. That was what I thought I needed. But to my surprise my skin turns out to be oily combo. I have oily areas as well as majority dry spots. So I got this foundation in NC42. I think it's a bit dark. But I make it work. The bottle is okay. You can buy the pump from the MAC store for easier use. I like that with a good primer it will last for a while without touch up. I'm thinking of trying something else. So I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this again. I recommend this to anyone that's looking for medium to full coverage foundation with yellow undertones. And oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

So, the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, the foundation that everyone loves or hate. Well, I am here to tell you that I am one of the people who loves the foundation and I has not broken me out. I purchase the foundation last year fall. I went to MAC to get colour match and see what foundation fit my skin the best. When I went the makeup artist apply NW50 and NW55 on my face and she let my skin absorb the foundation. When I looked in the mirror, I realized the the side with NW55 was so dark and the NW50 looked my like my skin, she suggest I get the NW50. So my shae is NW50 and I wear this foundation when I am going to an event or party. Now, many people stay that the foundation is the best for oily skin and I would disagree and agree, I last a good amount of time on the skin, but if you are not wear a good primer underneath you will definitely get oily with an half hour to hour guaranteed. The one issue I have with this foundation is the smell. OMG, it smells like paint for the house, the smell does not linger around, so that it a good thing. It also does not have a pump, but a pump can be purchased separately for about $9 bucks. I would repurchase this foundation again and it is the only high-end foundation I own.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have not used a MAC foundation in over 15 years and when I did it was the Studio Fix powder as my skin as a 20-something "youngin" was terribly oily. Now that I'm a woman of "certain" age, my skin is somewhat dry and liquid foundation is a must. The search has been long and frustrating - MUFE's HD Foundation (overpriced), Sephora (bad/no coverage), Lancome (gave me a HUGE zit on my cheek! Why is this $45.50???) and last but not least, Estee Lauder (a very close #2, but pricy). Now enter Liquid MAC Studio Fix Fluid (score!)

Doesn't oxidize

I've been wearing this for a week and I love it! Finish is medium to full and buildable that gives you a flawless look. Note I said "flawless" and not "natural". If you're looking for "natural" this is not the foundation for you.

It lasts a full 8 hour day. With the exception of a slightly shiny nose, no touch up needed

Doesn't cake and doesn't transfer everywhere like most drugstore foundations (you know where that $27.00 is going) In short, this is great foundation.

Two things kept me from giving this the elusive 5 lippies.

MAC! Y'all charging folks $10 for a PUMP???? C'mon! :(

The smell of this foundation is ATROCIOUS!!! What's that all about? The only thing that makes the smell tolerable is that it doesn't last all day but good GAWD, it's bad.

Will I call this foundation the Holy Grail? Not right now. But I will see as time goes on. But, if you're like me and have been using drugstore foundation for ages and are finally looking for an upgrade, give this one a try

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Great everyday foundation and can last an average school and/or work day. I've noticed if I wear it for an extended period, like from 6am to 10pm I'll get really shiny. Don't like that very much but I don't wear it for that long very often either. Couple more complaints.
This foundation legit smells like wall paint. I don't know if anyone else around me can notice, but I get whiffs of it throughout the day. It's as unpleasant as it sounds, but smell doesn't bother me enough for it to be a deal breaker.
Would be awesome if this came with a pump instead of the screw top it does. Don't want to pay $10 for a pump, especially for something I feel should have come with in the first place.

Overall it's a good medium coverage everyday foundation and stays very well and evens out skin tone perfectly, but after very extended wear can get shiny if you don't apply powder or cakey if you do apply too much powder. But if smell is a big deal for you, don't bother. It'll drive you crazy.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I've been using this foundation for over a year now and this seems to work well for my skin type. The texture blends well and wears well throughout the day. I really like the finish which leans more toward matte however, it doesn't exacerbate dry patches like many matte foundations do. I typically use this on top of Hourglass' Veil primer which gives it more staying power. I have oily skin so as with any foundation I use blotting powders throughout the day. The only drawback is the shade range. The NC range runs too yellow for my red undertones and the NW range is too pink/orange.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I think this is an excellent foundation. The key is you must cleanse properly at night. It's a hard wearing foundation and requires a double cleanse at night to remove. The finish I feel is natural when applied with a real techniques stipple brush. Matte finish but not dry looking just natural. Literally doesn't budge all day. I use nw25. I tend to use this at night as I love bare minerals for a day look. I do agree though it has a very strange smell but is dissipates quickly x

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I at first really liked this because of the coverage, but have come to realise that it emphasises my pores and looks cakey on small face hairs and dry patches. I also find it inconvenient that you have to purchase the pump separately.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my favourite foundations. The coverage is fantastic and I can layer it a couple of times without it getting too thick on my face. I love the texture of it and it doesn't dry too fast, which means it is easy to blend. I have used a stippling brush, expert face brush, beauty blender and good old fashioned fingers to apply this product and every technique works well with it. The only downsides are that it smells like paint, which isn't a huge issue for me, and when my skin was drier I found it very hard to apply this evenly over my skin. lastly, the lack of a pump can be tricky but I purchased one from the MAC counter at the same time which is lockable and has a cap, so no mess!