MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Kinky

3.7

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm a fan of this foundation. I have this in the shade NC45, and I never have purchased the pump that is sold separately for this because I honestly can't be bothered. I apply this with a beauty blender, and it provides me with medium coverage. I tend to mix it with L'Oreal's True Match (Creme Cafe) foundation so I can get a better colour match. After application, my skin looks immaculate. I may have to go in afterwards with concealer to cover my acne scarring, but it's very little. My only issue with this is, if I don't use a good primer with this, my T-Zone gets hella shiny after a few hours. However, I've been using this since I was 17, and it has always been one of my top choices.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I really like this foundation and would definitely repurchase if my current runs out....which won't be for a while since I have a few other foundations I am currently using.

I think this is reasonably priced, at (I think) £22.00 in the UK and for the amount you get too, is worth the price. I also think there's a variety of colour options which is always quite good as you can either go a shade lighter or darker depending on season. This has been my go to foundation for the longest time and contrary to most reviews, have not broken out at all due to using this. I apply this foundation using Real Techniques buffing brush or the Elf studio powder brush and it glides on like a dream. I get full coverage from just one coat of this but that's probably also due to using a corrector and concealer underneath which cover most of my acne scars. My foundation tends to last all day and doesn't oxidise......but could also be as a result of setting sprays! I'm an NW45 in this for reference and my skin is combination that is prone to acne!

Overall, I would repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Love this foundation it applies smoothly and doesn't take no more than one or two pumps to do it's job (my opinion). It's buildable which is a good thing for those needing to hide minor discoloration on their skin. I use the mac flat top brush and either stipple it in or brush it in in circular motions. It should come with a pump though instead of having to buy one separately. It hasn't oxidized on me like I've read others having, the smell also doesn't phase me once on the face it's gone. I tried matchmaster at first and was matched to a 7.5 i believe but it was too orange on my skin so i returned it and went back to my studio fix fluid. I set this foundation with mac mineralize skinfinish natural dark deep then fix plus spray and I'm set to go ( not a fan of packing on a lot of makeup i ain't got time for all of that). Notice a lot of people does get matched wrong since a lot of makeup SA seems to forget there is a nw 47 shade not everyone is a nw45 smh .I'm a nw 47 by the way

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation. I have been using it for 2 years now and it suits my skin perfectly. I have the craziest skin: it's super dry and it's super oily but this foundation balances my skin out. It gives great coverage and it is quite thick but I love a good coverage. It isn't the lightest foundation but I haven't had any trouble with it. It is a bit on the more expensive side but it's not outrageous so I think it is a worthy purchase and definitely worth the money. It doesn't come with a pump which is annoying. I have been getting on great for the past 2 years without one but I finally succumbed last week and bought one :P I use the real techniques expert face brush and it gives a lovely glowing matte finish. I use NW20 which is slightly darker than my natural skin colour but I like to look a bit darker.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've bought this twice, and I'm so pale that i have to buy the the new nw10 and it's still a little too dark for me.
I still like the formula though, leaves a little dewy finish but not too much that looks slick, perfect for what I prefer.
The only other problem for me, other than the shade, is that it will cling to all slightly dry patches if you don't thoroughly exfoliate and moisturise, and in colder weather, even that doesn't help for me. A beauty blender gives me the best finish too.

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I get this product in the shade NW47 and whilst I love the coverage this foundation gives, I hate the horrible paint smell! I always have to use a setting powder with this foundation as well as I'm left with a slight orange tinge. When I first started using this about 3 years ago I used to get spots on more forehead but either the formula has changed or my skin has gotten used to it because I don't breakout when using this product anymore. Apart from those issues this is my go to foundation until I'm able to try another one out, for me it lasts the whole day and leaves me face looking matte which is what I love.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have tried this foundation twice on my face and no able to write an clear review. I love it. I have extremely oily skin and this is perfect. I use Revlon Colorstay before but it's thickness was too much for my skin. So I tried a sample of the the Studio Fix. I Love It. All I need is a one pump and covers my whole face with all my acne scars. It lasts all day over 8 hours with very minimal shine on my nose. Did NOT break me out either

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

MY HG foundation - covers really nicely, lasts all day - covers redness and blemishes. I've tried every single foundation (ok almost every one) - and this works best for my combination skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is possibly my favourite foundation to use. I am an NC44 and this matches my skin perfectly and blends really well with a flawless finish. If you are looking for full coverage, like myself this is for you. The only downside to this foundation is that it finishes fast(at least for me).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

***UPDATE: I will never buy this product again because it is not cruelty-free***

I'm an NC35 in summer, and my skin is dry around the edges of my face and oily on my nose, and the rest is normal. I'm prone to small outbreaks of blemishes (once a month at most) on my cheeks and forehead. Nothing suits my skin better than this foundation. I mousturise my face with Aveeno mouisturiser, apply a cheap but effective Garnier under-eye concealer, and then pump a small amount of this foundation and blend it into my skin using my fingers. I then apply some Maybelline bronzer over my cheekbones using a stippling brush to avoid a cakey look and I finish by lightly dusting my whole face with MAC blot powder. All up, this entire routine takes about 5 minutes (practice makes perfect!) and my skin is flawless, photo-perfect and has a smooth matte finish that looks healthy and natural. This foundation actually looks better and better as the day goes on. My nose is very oily, however, and sometimes in the late afternoon I'll have to give it a light dusting of the MAC blot powder - but only once. If I'm going out at night I never have to touch up my daytime foundation because it stays perfect and lasts so long!

Update 6th April 2014: I ended up hating how thick this stuff is and I no longer use it. It also used to break me out a lot. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth the price. Hated how I had to buy a pump separately. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum absolutely blows this foundation out of the water (although only in winter... I'm still searching for a HG summertime foundation that can handle humidity, sweat and oil). Downgrading this foundation to 3 stars.